GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's actually kind of a myth that doctors get patients addicted to pain medication. Studies have shown that true pain patients who take their medications *as prescribed* have a very, very low rate of addiction. In fact, the majority of people who abuse prescription narcotics never had a prescription of their own in the first place. In addition, the patients who become addicted to their own meds tend to be already addicted to something else previously.

Bottom line, taking medications *as prescribed* do not turn one into an addict. In our hospital patients sign a "pain contract" with their physician. One of the provisions is that they cannot receive any narcotics from any person other than the doctor they contracted with. If they do, they are banned from receiving narcotics from any doctor in our facility. That applies if they shop at another ER or hospital as well. Pain contracts are becoming the norm these days and the vast majority of doctors are very, very careful with their prescribing guidelines for narcotics.

I seriously doubt any individual involved in this particular case became addicted "accidentally" by a doctor.

Wow, Queen_City!

I didn't realize you are an insider!

Thank you for sharing with us on WS!

So you have MET DP...?

Yes, I briefly met DP and CN actually.

Were they they type of people I would expect to possibly be involved with drugs? Yes

Were they the type of people I would expect to be involved with murder? No, absolutely not. I couldn't believe it to be honest when I saw their picture in connection with this case. They seemed way too normal, polite, average, every day people to be involved in something like this. But I know drugs and money can have a crazy influence on people at times, and I'm sure when details start to emerge we will maybe see some type of reason or motive behind all of this.

Yeah, while people can become physically dependent from a doctor's script and need to be weened off a medication to avoid physical side effects, dependence and addiction are two different things.

Also, as I said I'd be the first to admit it many posts back, it seems my hinkymeter is in need of a tune up. Can someone recommend a good repair shop?

Also if I remember correctly, CN was holding a little baby, rocking it back and forth. I'm not sure if it was hers but my thoughts at the time is that it was. I think this is a fact that has been left out of the media, maybe because it's CN's and not DP's, or something of that nature. They just didn't seem like the type to be wrapped up in a murder case.

It's actually kind of a myth that doctors get patients addicted to pain medication. Studies have shown that true pain patients who take their medications *as prescribed* have a very, very low rate of addiction. In fact, the majority of people who abuse prescription narcotics never had a prescription of their own in the first place. In addition, the patients who become addicted to their own meds tend to be already addicted to something else previously.

Bottom line, taking medications *as prescribed* do not turn one into an addict. In our hospital patients sign a "pain contract" with their physician. One of the provisions is that they cannot receive any narcotics from any person other than the doctor they contracted with. If they do, they are banned from receiving narcotics from any doctor in our facility. That applies if they shop at another ER or hospital as well. Pain contracts are becoming the norm these days and the vast majority of doctors are very, very careful with their prescribing guidelines for narcotics.

I seriously doubt any individual involved in this particular case became addicted "accidentally" by a doctor.

I agree! My primary doctor is very hesitant to prescribe pain pills or any other pill that could be addictive. I had major surgery several years ago, and then two painful procedures last year. Both times, the doctors prescribed mild pain medication, limited amount, with NO refills. In order to get a refill I would have been required to come back in for a consultation.
I suppose there are some unscrupulous doctors around here but most of them pick up on "fake" complaints pretty quick. They'll order x-rays, expensive tests, return visits, anything to weed out the pill poppers.

The first documentary I saw about the illegal pills trade/robberies, etc. was about Maine and this was some years ago...they were among the first states known to have a huge problem, and the robberies, etc have been going on for years, people being followed home from pharmacies, etc.. Anyway, I am always careful to go to my pharmacy in the mid-morning, when it is fairly busy and never get mine via the drive-up as I would be afraid of being followed, even though we don't have a huge visible problem where I live.

Still, my husband works in a pretty big "plant" downtown here and he says that everyone seems to know how to get pain pills, if they need or want them. I would not have the first idea in the world how or where to go about it, if I could not get the ones I do get, legally.
The problem is, of course, that most of the people who are buying and selling these meds are not doing so for medicinal purposes on either side; instead, it is for profit, and for the "euphoria" which is addictive. JMO

I can certainly relate to that! For years, I've heard that it is so easy to find drugs if you are looking, right here in my sleepy little hometown. I would have no clue where to go or who to look for. I'm clueless when it comes down to it, never even tried marijuana. I know what it looks like... that's about it.

Also if I remember correctly, CN was holding a little baby, rocking it back and forth. I'm not sure if it was hers but my thoughts at the time is that it was. I think this is a fact that has been left out of the media, maybe because it's CN's and not DP's, or something of that nature. They just didn't seem like the type to be wrapped up in a murder case.
I had came across mention of a baby, too, and it does seem as you said, that it is CN's child and not DP.
I keep waiting for more info on CN and her involvement or knowledge of what has happened.

MOO

I just looked at his (Daniel) Myspace and the pics of him and his family, with exceptions to the bong, looks so normal to me and breaks my heart for his nieces and nephews especially, as they are so young and innocent to experience what their uncle is accused of doing. The look of innocence with fresh faces...it all changes for them right now, thanks to their uncles decisions, as it does for the Perdoma children and family, friends and so many more.

MOO

My thoughts exactly! He looks quite composed and jovial for just being arrested for murder. :waitasec:

He looks like such a little kid...and he was probably half crocked from the beers he was drinking, IMO...since it was reported he was out having one on the porch, IIRC. (???)

I also think JP was killed with his own gun and DP is gonna give it the ol' college try....JP pulled the gun, DP and he "wrestled" with it, and it just "went off" and killed JP.
OH, and lest we forget, they hid the body.....they were "scared" because of the drug dealing, and LE wasn't gonna believe them....like NG says "second verse same as the first"...can't believe I just quoted her...LOL

All just IMO.

I work at an Urgent Care facility. It really is amazing the people that come in and the stories/ailments they have, back pain is the most popular. I usually alert the staff that a potential "drug seeker" is signing in. They get so pissed off when they don't leave with the script they want,lol.
Also worth noting, especially in light of the Whitney Houston death, we do have the ability to check a database to see what kind of prescriptions and when these people have gotten previously.The printouts are incredible. we have had reports come in that only a day or two before the "patient" filled a script for a painkiller. It really is a great tool, but they need to be linked up throughout the 50 states. Currently, we can only access our state. If this can only be mandated, it would surely help control how much of these drugs wind up on the street. Of course where there's a will there's a way, but still we need to address this growing problem.

I wish we had that database in PA. My sister-in-law paid for a prescription pill addiction with her life at the age of 34 several years ago. She and my brother in-law had several doctors prescribing to them at the same time, so they were able to take WAY over the prescribed amount. My husband was able to get only one of the doctors to talk to him and warned him of what they were doing, and he stopped prescribing to them, but there's always another doctor........very unfortunate.

According to the court documents, police say they collected blood and what appears to be a piece of a skull in the Jackson home rented by Daniel Porter's father. The documents state the blood tested in Porter's home was consistent with the offspring of Jerry Perdomo, Sr.

The court documents state Daniel Porter told police that Jerry Perdomo is dead. Porter reportedly told his father where to find the body and gun.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/191179/2/Court-documents-Daniel-Porter-told-police-Jerry-Perdomo-is-dead

http://www.wesh.com/news/30568052/detail.html

The two men had a history of threatening one another, according to investigators.

Porter reported on Jan. 8 that Perdomo threw rocks through his window. On that day, Perdomo told authorities that he saw Porter with a machine gun, and that Porter threatened to put Perdomo in a wood chipper. Porter claimed that Perdomo threatened to cut off his hands and kill him.

Porter would not tell police detectives the location of Perdomo's body. Neither would his father.

http://www.wesh.com/news/30568052/detail.html

The two men had a history of threatening one another, according to investigators.

Porter reported on Jan. 8 that Perdomo threw rocks through his window. On that day, Perdomo told authorities that he saw Porter with a machine gun, and that Porter threatened to put Perdomo in a wood chipper. Porter claimed that Perdomo threatened to cut off his hands and kill him.

Porter would not tell police detectives the location of Perdomo's body. Neither would his father.

whiskey.tango.foxtrot.

these guys made reports to the police in January about putting each other in the woodchipper and cutting hands off, etc? And the father knows where the body is too?

oh.my.

Can the father be charged as aiding and abetting? Especially if he knows the location of Jerry's body.

The new article - wow!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back