GUILTY FL - Jerry Perdomo, 31, Orange City, 16 February 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This would be just a guess on my part but it's possible that he was a drug runner and the drug dealer paid him to transport the pills up there, plus his expenses. Since we live in Texas, we've heard stories of guys making money doing this... quick weekend trip to Mexico, fast bucks, you're paid for the risks, plus they foot the bill for the trip. Needless to say it's not even a temptation but he's known guys who knew guys who did it and got away with it for awhile.

They're called "mules." The thing with Jerry, if he was ever pulled over on his way up to Maine, all he would have to do is flash his Military ID or make sure the police officer sees his Firefighter badge, and they'd have a lovely conversation about serving the community and that would be it. The Officer would let him go without even a warning because he's one of "them." A perfect "mule."

:rocker:
They're called "mules." The thing with Jerry, if he was ever pulled over on his way up to Maine, all he would have to do is flash his Military ID or make sure the police officer sees his Firefighter badge, and they'd have a lovely conversation about serving the community and that would be it. The Officer would let him go without even a warning because he's one of "them." A perfect "mule."

Whether or not he was a "mule" for a larger drug ring or just a "freelance" dealer mostly going it alone(therefor no cut of the profits to share but rather the profit is 100% his)..of that im not yet certain.. But ITA 110+% about the other details mentioned above.. He knew he had a major "leg up" in keeping safe from LE, especially while traveling.. He had both the military as well as the Firefighter/emt credentials to smooth over any ruffles if they should begin to arise at any point in his transporting narcotics across many state lines...

All jmo, tho!

I don't get it. Why drive nearly an entire day to sell drugs? Why not North Carolina, Georgia or somewhere in Florida away from where he lived? I don't get it at all.

I don't get it. Why drive nearly an entire day to sell drugs? Why not North Carolina, Georgia or somewhere in Florida away from where he lived? I don't get it at all.

That is where Lisa comes into play IMHO. Lisa isn't in NC, GA, or FL. KWIM He had a 2 fold reason for Maine.

He had family in New York City too which is right on the way to Maine. Family said sometimes he did stop and visit with them on his way to Maine. Have to wonder if he had a connection there to either pick up or drop off drugs there too on occasion.

Jerry Perdomo's accused killer to have bond hearing

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-porter-bond-hearing-20120308,0,7947615.story

The accused killer of Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo will appear in Maine state court this afternoon for a bond hearing that will determine whether the suspect will be released from jail.

His attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein, said detectives could release more information about the case in today's hearing. He said that the facts have yet to be made public.

Jerry Perdomo's accused killer to have bond hearing

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...-porter-bond-hearing-20120308,0,7947615.story

The accused killer of Seminole County firefighter Jerry Perdomo will appear in Maine state court this afternoon for a bond hearing that will determine whether the suspect will be released from jail.

His attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein, said detectives could release more information about the case in today's hearing. He said that the facts have yet to be made public.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...ge-city-to-appear-for-maine-bail-hearing.html

Different from Florida law, in Maine there is no classification of murder as first- or second-degree and prosecutors have to prove why a person should not get bail, Silverstein said.

"Up here if an individual is charged with murder the state requests a Harnish hearing," Silverstein said. "At that hearing the state may establish probable cause that extinguishes his (Porter) right to bail."

The justice also has the discretion to set or deny bail, Silverstein said.

"It remains to be seen," Silverstein said.

Paula Thompson, a lieutenant with the Seminole County Fire Department, said the department is not participating in Perdomo's funeral.

"Details are unknown," Thompson said by email. "The family has expressed they are going to hold a service limited to close family and friends."

I think that this is sad. After the support that the fire department offered while Jerry was missing, I think that they should be at the funeral.

I think that this is sad. After the support that the fire department offered while Jerry was missing, I think that they should be at the funeral.
I respect their choice. Perhaps they are going to invite the FF's.

I spent hours last nite reading this thread. Really sad situation...his poor kids. I have compassion for him and his apparent unfortunate choices. Sorry for his wife, too, even if she knew.

:heart: :heart: < for Jerry's kids

So...I'm wondering about the 7:41 phone call Perdomo made to his wife. I wonder if she already knew something was amiss after that call. The reason I wonder is because according to this timeline of events:
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...fla-firefighter-jerry-perdomo/?ref=relatedBox

Perdomo's rental car was found the same day it was left at Wal-Mart. At the 24 hour store, would anyone really be concerned about a car left for the day? This was the day before the supposed gf said JP was missing. Why were the police so on top of it?

Possibly the fire dpt. wants to distance themselves now that there are drug allegations?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...fighter-slaying-victims-widow-cries-in-court/

BELFAST, Maine &#8212; Murder suspect Daniel Porter was denied bail Thursday afternoon at a hearing at Waldo County Superior Court

Perdomo&#8217;s widow, Tonya Perdomo of Orange City, Fla., was in court, sitting between two female friends in the front row. She lowered her head and sobbed nearly inaudibly as the state&#8217;s attorney gave details about how her husband had been killed and where his body was found.

Porter denied bail in firefighter slaying; victim&#8217;s widow cries in court

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/...fighter-slaying-victims-widow-cries-in-court/

BELFAST, Maine &#8212; Murder suspect Daniel Porter was denied bail Thursday afternoon at a hearing at Waldo County Superior Court

Perdomo&#8217;s widow, Tonya Perdomo of Orange City, Fla., was in court, sitting between two female friends in the front row. She lowered her head and sobbed nearly inaudibly as the state&#8217;s attorney gave details about how her husband had been killed and where his body was found.

Thanks for this link cocomod!

Fairly long article but here is some more info from it:

The firefighter died after being shot in the side of the head at the Jackson home. His body then was wrapped in blue tarps that were tied at each end and taken several miles to the woods near Porter’s grandmother’s home on Dahlia Farm Road in Newburgh

Silverstein (Porter's lawer) said Perdomo had told Porter that he would take $500 off the debt if Perdomo could rape Porter’s girlfriend Cheyanne Nowak on the pool table at the home.

Per Detective Stout, Lisa Gould of Bangor told police that she was Perdomo’s girlfriend and that he had been coming up to Bangor about once a month for the last 10 months in order to transport and sell prescription drugs. Perdomo was selling “upwards of maybe 1,500 pills” per month in Maine. (wow!! definately more that $3,000 worth if true)

Porter told his father where the gun and body were hidden. His father shared that information with police.

Then Silverstein said on the courthouse steps afterwards:

Information is “just coming out” about the extent of Perdomo’s drug-related activities in Maine, he said, suggesting that the Florida man likely had an accomplice.

“That leads me to believe that Mr. Perdomo has not been involved in this alone,” Silverstein said. “As more information is developed, we’re learning that this is a much bigger deal than just bringing a couple pills to Maine.”

BBM
Thanks for this link cocomod!

Fairly long article but here is some more info from it:

The firefighter died after being shot in the side of the head at the Jackson home. His body then was wrapped in blue tarps that were tied at each end and taken several miles to the woods near Porter&#8217;s grandmother&#8217;s home on Dahlia Farm Road in Newburgh

Silverstein (Porter's lawer) said Perdomo had told Porter that he would take $500 off the debt if Perdomo could rape Porter&#8217;s girlfriend Cheyanne Nowak on the pool table at the home.

Per Detective Stout, Lisa Gould of Bangor told police that she was Perdomo&#8217;s girlfriend and that he had been coming up to Bangor about once a month for the last 10 months in order to transport and sell prescription drugs. Perdomo was selling &#8220;upwards of maybe 1,500 pills&#8221; per month in Maine. (wow!! definately more that $3,000 worth if true)

Porter told his father where the gun and body were hidden. His father shared that information with police.

Then Silverstein said on the courthouse steps afterwards:

Information is &#8220;just coming out&#8221; about the extent of Perdomo&#8217;s drug-related activities in Maine, he said, suggesting that the Florida man likely had an accomplice.

&#8220;That leads me to believe that Mr. Perdomo has not been involved in this alone,&#8221; Silverstein said. &#8220;As more information is developed, we&#8217;re learning that this is a much bigger deal than just bringing a couple pills to Maine.&#8221;
I don't know why but I believe it (Bolded). I think Jerry was feeling a bit cocky and probably the more he ran the drugs (supposedly) the cockier he became. This all makes me ill for his family, for his children especially, his FF buddies, just everyone that knew and cared about him. I really would like to know how he got involved in this.
I also feel ill for Daniel's family, friends and all of those who love him. I, too, wonder how he hooked up with Jerry and became a part of this.
I want to know more about Lisa. I know......we can't sleuth her but I wish we could because she is a part of this and put herself out there.
I want to know the truth if Jerry's wife knew what he was doing on all those trips, and I suspect near home, also. I think with the extra money, and her being okay with him being gone so many times she had to know. How could she not?
This is such a sad story for so many people. I do hope justice is served swiftly. If there is someone else involved in Jerry's murder then I hope they find and prosecute them, along with whomever helped Daniel Porter. I do think Daniel had to have help getting Jerry into the truck. I am still looking at CN even though all reports I've read say she wasn't there I wonder if Daniel is still trying to protect her.

MOO

I have found a picture of Lisa and she is quite beautiful.

I am not quite sure I believe Mr. Porter. He is trying to save his hyde, and he is going to make his claims as spectacular as he can.

If you read the affidavit, they ask Jerry's brother if he has ever been to Maine. I have wondered about that item in the affidavit for quite some time. I wonder if they are leading into the investigation with that question.

Do you guys think there's any chance he could successfully claim self-defense considering his actions after the fact? And if he does claim self-defense and wins... could he still get jail time for tampering with a crime scene/hiding the body?

I personally think that he will not get away with a self-defense claim. I do not know what charges they have in Maine, but I would think that he could possibly get away with manslaughter vs murder. I do also think that he should be charged with tampering with the crime scene and the body.

Jerry was obviously not a choir boy, but he deserves justice just the same.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back