GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a significant document dump yesterday after the judge authorized its release. Local media is sifting through it, so some of the content on these links will change as they continue digging in. Each local new channel has subtle differences in the content they're presenting right now. Again, I'm using strictly the local Jacksonville / Nassau County media reports.

Article with booking photos, raw interviews and phone search history

Suspect in hairstylist's murder laughs, jokes during interrogation

link with photos

JOLEEN CUMMINGS CASE: State Attorney's Office releases interviews with people from murder suspect Kimberly Kessler's past

photos and video:

New evidence released in accused killer Kimberly Kessler's case

KIMBERLY KESSLER: Interviews show violent past of local woman charged with murder in Florida
“She’s our main person of interest for a homicide,” said the detective. “Yeah, I’m not surprised,” said her ex-boyfriend. He says she should often appear to kind but would ‘snap’ if triggered. “She stabbed me in the chest, she bit my dad in the leg,” he said.
Investigators also released an interview between detectives and cellmate of Kessler's from jail. The cellmate claims Kessler said she would one day write a book about what she had done, including robbing banks with a former boyfriend. She also claimed Kessler spoke about destroying her fingerprints. “She said she should have burned her finger prints off,” said the cellmate.

The ex-boyfriend also said she once snapped because she had a bad dream of him cheating on her and much more (audio interview posted by @Gardenista above).

All I can say about the latest document dump is "wow". I took an older timeline I'd snipped from MSM (news4jax.com, I'm pretty sure) and added some of the search items from Kessler's phone (from the document dump), as well as the timestamps from some of the photos and videos from the MSM links I posted above (#492). I have taken the GMT timestamps from the phone and adjusted them to EDT. She had searched for “coworker guilty of murder missing person body not found” 2 weeks before Joleen was killed, and searched for “Joleen cummings no body no crime” days afterward!

Here's my updated timeline:
  • April 30 3:36 GMT (4 hours ahead of EDT), 4/29 11:36: Kessler searched for “coworker guilty of murder missing person body not found”
  • May 8 19:07-19:15 GMT (3:07-3:15 PM EDT) – Kessler searches on Murderpedia for female murderers, Florida female murderers
  • “On May 11, the day before Cummings was reported missing, Kessler didn't use the internet at all.”
  • May 12: Cummings at Tangles hair salon. It's the last time she was seen. scheduled to get off at 5 p.m.
  • May 12 9 PM – Kessler on camera at Flash Foods. Scratches evident on the side of her face.
  • May 13: Mother’s Day and Cummings' 34th birthday. She doesn’t show up to pick up her three kids in Hilliard from her ex-husband; based on surveillance video, Sybert had parked Cummings' SUV near a Yulee Home Depot around 1:17 a.m. that morning. There's no sign of Cummings in the video.
  • May 13 12:05-12:06 GMT (8:05 AM EDT) – Kessler searches for “indoor palm” and “variation palm tree”
  • May 13 around 8 AM – Kessler on camera dumping trash into a dumpster behind the salon, and she also placed the blue bin then.
  • May 14 3:06 PM Kessler on camera at Lowe’s at 3:06 PM with a potted palm tree in her cart.
  • May 14: Cummings' mother reports her missing to the Sheriff's Office.
  • May 15 just after midnight: Kessler goes to locker room at Planet Fitness. There at 1:52 AM
  • May 15: Tangles is scheduled to reopen at 10 AM (normally closed Sunday and Monday). Sybert fails to show up for work (investigators were there to meet with her). Jason Gee (Joleen ex-BF) arrested on a probation violation
  • May 15: Cummings' 2006 beige Ford Expedition is found near the Home Depot parking lot.
  • May 15 19:01 GMT (3:01 PM EDT) Kessler searches for Tangles reviews; 20:26 GMT searches for Missing Persons
  • “On May 16, the day before Kessler was arrested, she spent eight hours searching Joleen Cummings name online.”
  • May 16 18:26 GMT (4:26 PM EDT) Kessler searches for “Joleen cummings no body no crime”
  • May 16: Investigators find Sybert in her black Kia Soul at an I-95 rest area in St. Johns County, and she's charged with stealing Cummings' car.
  • May 22: Sheriff announces investigators have reason to believe Cummings is "not alive," but declines to say why.

Ugh, update from today's court appearance - Kessler's defense is now questioning whether she's competent to stand trial. Hoping that gets addressed and shut down quickly. She certainly seemed competent at the time of the murder and during most of her incarceration, based on the evidence dumps so far...

Defense: Woman accused of killing Nassau County mother may be incompetent

"The defense attorney for Kimberly Kessler, the woman charged with the murder of a 24-year-old woman missing since Mother's Day and presumed dead, questioned the competency of Kessler during a hearing Thursday, asking for a mental evaluation before a trial can proceed."

One quick note on the timeline I posted in #494
One of the local MSMs said this surveillance was at Flash Foods. Another now says it's from Gate. I believe the latter is correct (and more consistent with prior news articles).
  • May 12 9 PM – Kessler on camera at Flash Foods. Scratches evident on the side of her face.

One quick note on the timeline I posted in #494
One of the local MSMs said this surveillance was at Flash Foods. Another now says it's from Gate. I believe the latter is correct (and more consistent with prior news articles).
Grr, I second-guessed myself (or second-second-guessed) and have a correction. I looked at the 5/12 9 PM convenience store image again (Photos: Evidence collected in case against Kimberly Kessler, accused of killing Joleen Cummings) . One of the clipboards on the counter has the Flash Foods logo on it, and the counter area is busy and cluttered more akin to the Flash Foods in this area than the Gates. Re-checked the court documents and they list evidence from Flash Foods @ 8th Street (about 4 miles east of Tangles and 1 mile west of Storage on Sadler where Kessler had a unit). I've also noted one discrepancy between news article and NCSO affidavit of when they tried to meet Kessler at Tangles, so I've incorporated that into this updated timeline, too.

• April 30 3:36 GMT (4 hours ahead of EDT), 4/29 11:36: Kessler searched for “coworker guilty of murder missing person body not found”
  • May 8 19:07-19:15 GMT (3:07-3:15 PM EDT) – Kessler searches on Murderpedia for female murderers, Florida female murderers
  • “On May 11, the day before Cummings was reported missing, Kessler didn't use the internet at all.”
  • May 12: Cummings at Tangles hair salon. It's the last time she was seen. scheduled to get off at 5 p.m. Cummings last outgoing call was midafternoon.
  • May 12 9 PM – Kessler on camera at Flash Foods (8th Street per court discovery documents). Scratches evident on the side of her face. That location is approx. 1 mile from Storage on Sadler (Kessler’s storage unit) and 4 miles east from Tangles.
  • May 12: Discovery documents also reference Fernandina Beach Walmart 5/12 (defense objected to release, so no further detail is available). That Walmart location is less than a mile from the 8th Street Flash Foods.
  • May 13: Mother’s Day and Cummings' 34th birthday. She doesn’t show up to pick up her three kids in Hilliard from her ex-husband; based on surveillance video, Sybert had parked Cummings' SUV near a Yulee Home Depot around 1:17 a.m. that morning. There's no sign of Cummings in the video. Sybert on camera at the Gate Station at 1:20 AM. Left Gate and took Taxi to Tangles
  • May 13 12:05-12:06 GMT (8:05 AM EDT) – Kessler searches for “indoor palm” and “variation palm tree”
  • May 13 around 8 AM – Kessler on camera dumping trash into a dumpster behind the salon, and she also placed the blue bin then.
  • May 14 3:06 PM Kessler on camera at Lowe’s at 3:06 PM with a potted palm tree in her cart.
  • May 14: Cummings' mother reports her missing to the Sheriff's Office. NCSO was at Tangles as Sybert pulled in; she left without coming into the building (per GTA affidavit).
  • May 15 just after midnight: Kessler goes to locker room at Planet Fitness. There at 1:52 AM
  • May 15: Tangles is scheduled to reopen at 10 AM (normally closed Sunday and Monday). Sybert fails to show up for work (investigators were there to meet with her) – note: Grand Theft Auto affidavit states this attempted meeting occurred on 5/14. Jason Gee (Joleen ex-BF) arrested on a probation violation.
  • May 15: Cummings' 2006 beige Ford Expedition is found near the Home Depot parking lot.
  • May 15 19:01 GMT (3:01 PM EDT) Kessler searches for Tangles reviews; 20:26 GMT searches for Missing Persons
  • “On May 16, the day before Kessler was arrested, she spent eight hours searching Joleen Cummings name online.”
  • May 16 18:26 GMT (4:26 PM EDT) Kessler searches for “Joleen cummings no body no crime"
  • May 16: Investigators find Sybert in her black Kia Soul at an I-95 rest area in St. Johns County, and she's charged with stealing Cummings' car.
  • May 22: Sheriff announces investigators have reason to believe Cummings is "not alive," but declines to say why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back