GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect in woman’s disappearance is missing person accused of taking alias from grave

A Pennsylvania woman, using an alias she is believed to have swiped from a tombstone before going missing nearly 14 years ago, has emerged as a suspect in the disappearance of a Florida woman earlier this month, authorities said.

The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office has identified Jennifer Sybert as a suspect in the disappearance of her co-worker Joleen Cummings, 34, who went missing over Mother’s Day weekend.

Snip

Jennifer Sybert is the name of a deceased teenager from Butler County, where Kessler would allegedly go to cemeteries to find aliases off gravestones, county District Attorney Richard Goldinger told ABC News. “She was literally a ghost in the wind,” he said via email.

How does one not only go about assuming a name of a dead person BUT attending a cosmetology school in order to be certified to cut hair, with said dead persons name and not get caught?

Did she know the deceased teenager? Even if she did where she had access to get the deceased parties Ss#, the SSA lists a SS number as deceased in the SS index.

Hopefully she had her phone with her! They can trace her movements from there so that may be helpful. See of she went somewhere strange or hidden. There is so many wooded areas here. She could anywhere. There is an abandoned green house/grow facility off Paiges Dairy that is extremely grown up and is not far from where the truck was found. I wonder if they have searched there...
Do they know if she actually made it out the salon,,, did they see her leave alone or maybe Kessler was in or around her truck waiting for her like the other lady at her old job said she was always waiting and watching them late night made her uncomfortable ...? I haven't heard that they actually seen her leave. Just so many questions and so heartbreaking

Kinda crazy these messages you can’t see where they come from (possibly cause the person deleted fb account?) definitely connects Kessler/sybert & Jason Gee both to Mrs Joleen tho.

How does one not only go about assuming a name of a dead person BUT attending a cosmetology school in order to be certified to cut hair, with said dead persons name and not get caught?

Did she know the deceased teenager? Even if she did where she had access to get the deceased parties Ss#, the SSA lists a SS number as deceased in the SS index.
Obtaining SSNs for minors wasn't required by law until the 1980's I believe. So, if person she chose from the cemetery was under working age when they died (the tombstones are often helpful with DOB) then there would be no SSN for the deceased person in the death index.

Obtaining SSNs for minors wasn't required by law until the 1980's I believe. So, if person she chose from the cemetery was under working age when they died (the tombstones are often helpful with DOB) then there would be no SSN for the deceased person in the death index.

Yes, she was 12 when she died, and she died in Germany. Not sure if she was a US citizen or what the case was though.

There’s a photo of the tombstone on the Find a Grave website. It says that Jennifer Marie Sybert was born in 1974 and died at age 12 on June 13, 1987 in Reinharts, Kemptener Stadtkreis, Bavaria (Bayern), Germany. According to a family website, the real Jennifer died in a car accident.

“Jennifer was born 5 Sep 1974. She died 13 Jun 1987 in Rheinbert, Germany from automobile accident. She was buried in North Cemetery, Butler, Pennsylvania,” the site says.

Kimberly Kessler AKA Jennifer Sybert: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

Yes, she was 12 when she died, and she died in Germany. Not sure if she was a US citizen or what the case was though.

Kimberly Kessler AKA Jennifer Sybert: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com
She would have to be a US citizen in order for this person to obtain a SS number for her. I know that obtaining SS numbers at birth went into effect after 1987 and before 1992 because I didn’t have to get one for my son who was born in 1987 but did for my daughter who was born in 1992. If I recall correctly, it was super easy to obtain one for him. All I had to do was present a copy of the birth certificate (not the original).

She would have to be a US citizen in order for this person to obtain a SS number for her. I know that obtaining SS numbers at birth went into effect after 1987 and before 1992 because I didn’t have to get one for my son who was born in 1987 but did for my daughter who was born in 1992. If I recall correctly, it was super easy to obtain one for him. All I had to do was present a copy of the birth certificate (not the original).

I don't think we know whether or not she obtained the deceased's SS number or if she just used her name as an alias. Coincidentally, yesterday I was researching what I will need to do to change my last name to my husbands last name, so the info is still fresh in my mind. In order to apply for a SS number or replacement card, you need proof of your birth in the form of a certified copy of your birth certificate (they will not accept non-certified copies), adoption decree, or religious paperwork showing your birth info. You also need proof of your identity (driver's license, passport...). Granted Kimberly went "missing" back in 2004, but I would think that the requirements would probably be similar back then, considering it was post 9/11. Not to mention the deceased would be 30 years old in 2004... that's pretty old to never have had a social security number. IMO.

Interesting! You learn something new everyday. I’m still curious how she could have gotten a cos license.

I don't think we know whether or not she obtained the deceased's SS number or if she just used her name as an alias. Coincidentally, yesterday I was researching what I will need to do to change my last name to my husbands last name, so the info is still fresh in my mind. In order to apply for a SS number or replacement card, you need proof of your birth in the form of a certified copy of your birth certificate (they will not accept non-certified copies), adoption decree, or religious paperwork showing your birth info. You also need proof of your identity (driver's license, passport...). Granted Kimberly went "missing" back in 2004, but I would think that the requirements would probably be similar back then, considering it was post 9/11. Not to mention the deceased would be 30 years old in 2004... that's pretty old to never have had a social security number. IMO.
I know the laws for changing your name in 2008 were like that. I had to do it when I got married as well. I had to have my birth certificate, ID, and certified copy of my marriage license.

I think this woman was very diabolical.

I know the laws for changing your name in 2008 were like that. I had to do it when I got married as well. I had to have my birth certificate, ID, and certified copy of my marriage license.

I think this woman was very diabolical.

This publication seems to be from 2004.... you needed those docs as well in 2004.

http://international.cua.edu/res/docs/ssn/2004-07-types-of-social-security-cards.pdf

To get a Social Security card, you must provide original documents that show your age, identity and citizenship or lawful noncitizen status. We verify birth documents for U.S. citizens age 1 and older with the office that issued the documents

BBM. I have a feeling she just used aliases and still used her own SSN. Not that it makes her any less creepy.

This publication seems to be from 2004.... you needed those docs as well in 2004.

http://international.cua.edu/res/docs/ssn/2004-07-types-of-social-security-cards.pdf

BBM. I have a feeling she just used aliases and still used her own SSN. Not that it makes her any less creepy.
According to the news articles ...

Further, the FBI charged Kessler with possession of a counterfeit passport after they determined she was using a fake social security number.

We would have to learn more but I don't know that she would be able to obtain or renew a passport without being able to have what is necessary for the REAL ID requirements.

My inclination, since she was already 35 when she took off in 2004 is that she had obtained a few identities many years prior to 2004 including birth certificates, Social Security cards, driver's license / state ID, and maybe even a passport.

At any rate I would hope she would offer up where Joleen is but considering the smug look on her face in her mugshot I don't think that is happening any time soon. However, with the FBI involved the passport fraud charge is a $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in Federal Prison for a first offense - so she isn't going anywhere either.

Hopefully electronic information from Kimberly's car or phone will narrow down where to look for Joleen. She could be in Georgia or Florida.

TBH I have no idea how she pulled off the fake passport and ssn for so long, but for what it’s worth I was given a (3.5” floppy) disk with the anarchist’s cookbook when I was a young teen in the 90’s and it had a section on how to create a new identity including ssn using death records of someone your age who passed away at a young age. I really can’t remember specifics, but I do seem to remember that it suggested to use the info of someone who had passed as an infant, not a teen.

My oldest was born in 2000 and because of a delay with his birth certificate because the hospital had marked “female” I had a heck of a time getting his ssn even though we filed immediately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back