GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! Dr. Abuso on stand for hearing. If he's not allowed to testify, Dunn just may have to in order to get self-defense into jury instructions.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 36s
HAPPENING NOW: Attorneys are screening potential expert witness for #MichaelDunn's defense. I'm tuned in #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 55s
I did not catch the name of the witness. He specializes in "acute stress responses", talking now about working w/ servicemen #DunnTrial

I'm late to the trial - who decides whether this man can testify? Is he trying to say Michael Dun is shell shocked?

I'm late to the trial - who decides whether this man can testify? Is he trying to say Michael Dun is shell shocked?

Judge Healey will decide if he meets the Daubert standard for testifying as an expert witness in acute stress response (or whatever else they include).

Judge Healey will decide if he meets the Daubert standard for testifying as an expert witness in acute stress response (or whatever else they include).

many thanks - appreciated - I'm not sure it would be of much help to the defendant if he does testify

So, this guy would testify how MD acted after the shooting? How does that prove self-defense?

This doctor sounds like he is full of it. :twocents:

I feel line AC is struggling in her cross of this guy.

In a possible rebuttal IF this dude were to testify, they could play Rhonda's interview. She was nowhere as stressed the day after the event as she was on the stand.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 9m
Expert: whatever #MichaelDunn did was all in an effort to comfort Dunn's fiancée, acted passively #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12m
Corey: What is exactly that you will be able to help this jury understand about the immediate time around #MichaelDunn shooting #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12m
Strolla says he has no further questions. Wants to tender this witness as expert. State now up to question #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 13m
Potential expert says he has testified multiple times as an expert in Palm Beach County in the 90s, focused on juveniles #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 16m
Expert says he can testify on "flight or flight", but not justifiable force or PTSD #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 16m
To be clear: This is a hearing to determine whether this witness can be introduced to jury, jury not present #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 18m
Strolla establishing witness has reviewed information about #MichaelDunn's case #DunnTrial

In a possible rebuttal IF this dude were to testify, they could play Rhonda's interview. She was nowhere as stressed the day after the event as she was on the stand.

Very true. She seems to have "acquired" that response for this trial. MOO

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 53s
Judge is now posing some q's to Abuso: How many times have you counseled a civilian in a shooting like this? Abuso: 3-4 #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
he is NOT talking about PTSD. He's only talking about immediate 24 hr response.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Abuso: this was "a perfect storm" of emotions to do whatever Rouer said to help her #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
This potential expert witness is Dr. John Abuso. Thanks to my tweeps for the help! #DunnTrial

Leslie Coursey ‏@lesliecoursey47 1m
Pic of dr testifying. Watching from media overflow room. Media not allowed in this hearing. #DunnTrial pic.twitter.com/OiDS12P2J2

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Abuso says he didn't testify as expert in those proceedings or criminal case similar to this. Only testified in juvenile setting #DunnTrial

So, how can he diagnose him with this disorder? That's BS.

This guy is going to testify that Dunn "felt threatened" when he has never even interviewed the defendant?????????

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 24s
Abuso says #MichaelDunn does not take weapons lightly, something had to spark him #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Judge: you're assuming there was a "traumatic threat". Abuso says what happened at Gate could be threat, but that's assumption #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 18s
Judge points out Rouer has already testified that what he did was for her. Abuso says would testify consistent w/ acute stress response

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 7s
Abuso is licensed family and marriage counselor #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members