GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 4m
@TU_Court I wasn't allowed in. Court officials apologized later in the day. #dunntrial

Andrew Pantazi ‏@TU_Court 8m
Judge Healey not mentioning that @LarryHannan was kicked out of a hearing yesterday morning when he shouldn't have been. #DunnTrial

https://twitter.com/LarryHannan
https://twitter.com/TU_Court

He didn't fire all of the shots at a moving SUV. When he started firing the SUV was not moving and parked right next to him so he could hardly have missed it.

Not sure what being fat or skinny has to do with shooting accuracy but everyone could see his body type while he was in the courtroom.

He's lost weight in jail. I can't see him moving quickly in his vehicle, didn't he say he was 6'3-4? And he made the comment in the LE interrogation that he quit strapping on his holster because he had gotten "large". "Dunlap" condition.

There was one part of the defenses closing that really bothered me. Ok there were lots of parts but really one that I've never heard the defense use before. He stated/led the jury to believe, that there were so many lessor charges because the prosecutors couldn't decide what to charge him with. My jaw dropped. In the cases that I have watched lessor charges have always been included at the defenses request so the defendant can't be charged with the same crime but different charges in the future. Am I wrong in that?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
#DUNNTRIAL Jury deliberations are underway, verdict watch has begun #MichaelDunn

Judge just said jurors are still in process of selecting a foreman. (It seems to be taking a while). He is going back there , with the permission of DT and PT to tell jury that if they want to watch store video, they can let him know and they will all return to courtroom for it. (Me thinks he would like them to giddy up on the foreman selection)

As i type, judge announced a foreperson selected at 5:03 EST.

There was one part of the defenses closing that really bothered me. Ok there were lots of parts but really one that I've never heard the defense use before. He stated/led the jury to believe, that there were so many lessor charges because the prosecutors couldn't decide what to charge him with. My jaw dropped. In the cases that I have watched lessor charges have always been included at the defenses request so the defendant can't be charged with the same crime but different charges in the future. Am I wrong in that?

The defense specifically requested last night that no lessers be included.

Just before audio went out judge saying he already arrange for jury dinner.

And we are off.

I could decide now.. I wonder if they will talk about it long.

The jurors had also asked to work on Sundays in addition to Saturdays but it was out of the question. I think they will work as long as the possibly can until they reach a verdict. If they're getting dinner they're gonna be there late tonight, I think. Hoping for verdict tomorrow.

I would have to talk about Dunn's testimony. Some of it, I don't know how the jurors managed to not snicker at his pompous & ridiculous statements.

The jurors had also asked to work on Sundays in addition to Saturdays but it was out of the question. I think they will work as long as the possibly can until they reach a verdict. If they're getting dinner they're gonna be there late tonight, I think. Hoping for verdict tomorrow.

There is not a reason in the world for this verdict to take longer than an hour. IMO

I would have to talk about Dunn's testimony. Some of it, I don't know how the jurors managed to not snicker at his pompous & ridiculous statements.

"This s*** is going down!" Is the most ridiculous embellishment.

And we are off.

I could decide now.. I wonder if they will talk about it long.

I guess the jurors will want to take their charge very seriously, examine evidence, discuss testimony, AND eat dinner. If, in a first-degree case, the jury comes back with a verdict super fast, the lawyers and public assume they didn't take their work seriously enough.

Having said that, if I was one of the 12, I'd cast my First degree guilty vote, say "Let's eat, then go back in and announce it." But, I'm not there and probably a good thing.

I wish they had juror questions in Florida! At least then we could gauge what they are thinking. I just hope there isn't some bleeding heart on the jury that bought the load of crap the defense was dishing out.

:gavel:

I wish they had juror questions in Florida! At least then we could gauge what they are thinking. I just hope there isn't some bleeding heart on the jury that bought the load of crap the defense was dishing out.

:gavel:

Question number 1

How does Dunns lawyer manage to keep a straight face while delivering that closing?

Dunn...still feared for his life at hotel...leaves gun in car & walks puppy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member