GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to talk about Dunn's testimony. Some of it, I don't know how the jurors managed to not snicker at his pompous & ridiculous statements.

Not to mention his fake sniffles...he must've watched jodi arias on the stand.

why do you think so?

Because if they have sons, imo, they are going to imagine a man shooting their son, over an argument about loud rap music. I think they will have a hard time letting Dunn walk away.

Because if they have sons, imo, they are going to imagine a man shooting their son, over an argument about loud rap music. I think they will have a hard time letting Dunn walk away.

any mother on the jury <mod snip> should not Dunn let walk.

Question number 1

How does Dunns lawyer manage to keep a straight face while delivering that closing?

I haven't listened to the entire thing, but I found much of what he was saying to be objectionable, as in "Objection, your Honor!" For example, when he was speaking of something one of the detectives said to the Defendant (when they finally tracked him down two hours plus away), he said "he was shifting the burden of proof." The detectives in an interview have nothing to do with the burden of proof demanded of the State in a courtroom. That kind of nonsense was deliberately intended to confuse the jury, and it is a mis-statement of the law. The Prosecutors should have objected and gotten the judge to give a curative instruction to the jury about that. :banghead:

I think that's a good way to undermine the verdict before it even comes down. If he is found guilty you can't simply chalk it up to the black mothers on the jury (one of the black women is childless, btw, don't know which one). There's plenty of evidence in this case, and a man was nodding along with Guy earlier. I guess it's easier to feel an outcome was made on emotion alone. I see this a lot in general elections.

Also, why the black mothers? Why not the other mothers on the jury? Or the fathers?

Dunn...still feared for his life at hotel...leaves gun in car & walks puppy....

the gangsters are coming!!!! I hope Rhonda is in some sort of witness protection program because Michael will be sending his "friends" after her.

I pray justice will be as accurate and swift as the bullet that silenced Jordan Davis forever!

the gangsters are coming!!!! I hope Rhonda is in some sort of witness protection program because Michael will be sending his "friends" after her.

That was crazy to me and I can't believe he even thought it was a good idea to say he was scared their gangster friends would now be coming after him. I just...:facepalm:

I think that's a good way to undermine the verdict before it even comes down. If he is found guilty you can't simply chalk it up to the black mothers on the jury (one of the black women is childless, btw, don't know which one). There's plenty of evidence in this case, and a man was nodding along with Guy earlier. I guess it's easier to feel an outcome was made on emotion alone. I see this a lot in general elections.

Also, why the black mothers? Why not the other mothers on the jury? Or the fathers?

Thanks MeeBee! its what I was trying to say.

any mother on the jury black or white should not Dunn let walk.

of course they would not...there are a fair amount of women on this jury. I did think that Strolla did a good closing...but Guy's was better because he had the truth on his side...the defense was pure fiction.

Is the jury considering lesser charges, or only Murder 1? Will this require a unanimous decision? Thanks

Is the jury considering lesser charges, or only Murder 1? Will this require a unanimous decision? Thanks

They can consider murder 1, 2 and manslaughter in addition to the three attempted murder charges. And of course, acquittal.

There was one part of the defenses closing that really bothered me. Ok there were lots of parts but really one that I've never heard the defense use before. He stated/led the jury to believe, that there were so many lessor charges because the prosecutors couldn't decide what to charge him with. My jaw dropped. In the cases that I have watched lessor charges have always been included at the defenses request so the defendant can't be charged with the same crime but different charges in the future. Am I wrong in that?
You are wrong about the being charged twice thing.
If MD is declared not guilty, he will not be able to be charged with any of the lesser included in the future.
If they come up with a brand new charge that was not covered I this trial, that does n ot relate to the current charges, then they could.
If lessens are not included, it's an all or nothing verdict.
Depending on how the case goes, the attorneys may or may not wish to have lessees included. I believe the final,decision is up to the judge, but not sure about that.
For instance, Juan was hoping for no lessers in the JA case for fear there would be a compromise verdict, if I remember correctly.

I haven't listened to the entire thing, but I found much of what he was saying to be objectionable, as in "Objection, your Honor!" For example, when he was speaking of something one of the detectives said to the Defendant (when they finally tracked him down two hours plus away), he said "he was shifting the burden of proof." The detectives in an interview have nothing to do with the burden of proof demanded of the State in a courtroom. That kind of nonsense was deliberately intended to confuse the jury, and it is a mis-statement of the law. The Prosecutors should have objected and gotten the judge to give a curative instruction to the jury about that. :banghead:

iirc that was objected to.

Dunn...still feared for his life at hotel...leaves gun in car & walks puppy....

I believe he thought he got away with it and was faced with how he would get rid of his fiancé, since she knew what happened! She is lucky.

I haven't been following this at all so from the prospective of someone with no knowledge of the case but I did see Dunn's testimony. My impression/questions:
1. How long was the line in the gas station store? The girlfriend seemed to be taking forever.
2. I felt like something was missing from his story; his deteriorated hearing was mentioned but his own words made me think he had super hearing.
3. Hey stupid, call the police. I don't understand why he felt he didn't have to.
4. I have no understanding of guns but the whole firing at the car because he felt his girlfriend was now in danger because the victim's car was further away; that sounded fishy.

He seemed to be guilty of something but, like I said, I am clueless about this case

That was crazy to me and I can't believe he even thought it was a good idea to say he was scared their gangster friends would now be coming after him. I just...:facepalm:

Why would they need their "gangster" friends when they had a shotgun in the car? Why not just follow Dunn right out of the parking lot and shoot if their intent was to kill MD? At the time the driver did not know JD was mortally wounded. Obviously had there been a gun and MD took off they had the opportunity to go after him and use that shotgun. No they returned to the Gate. They did not take off and head for a hospital, which they could have done. They backed the SUV up into the parking lot of the Gate. Obviously if there were a gun they would want to distance themselves as far as possible and get rid of the gun, not go back. jmo

I can't help but think these deliberations with sequestered juries go faster because they basically know each other pretty well...the selection of the fore person was fast...right now they are probably taking an initial read to see where they are...I'll bet Dunn is just waiting for his "Zimmerman" moment. I can't help but feel he was inspired by Zimmerman...sort of empowered..he had his whole defense worked out in the first hours. I hope it is not the same result...don't think so but I'll be disappointed with manslaughter or anything less.

You are wrong about the being charged twice thing.
If MD is declared not guilty, he will not be able to be charged with any of the lesser included in the future.
If they come up with a brand new charge that was not covered I this trial, that does n ot relate to the current charges, then they could.
If lessens are not included, it's an all or nothing verdict.
Depending on how the case goes, the attorneys may or may not wish to have lessees included. I believe the final,decision is up to the judge, but not sure about that.
For instance, Juan was hoping for no lessers in the JA case for fear there would be a compromise verdict, if I remember correctly.

IMO, if justice is not served and Dunn is not convicted of murder and attempted murder then the feds should charge him with hate crimes. "I hate music" right before he killed Jordan along with his jailhouse letters should be plenty of evidence. JMO. OMO. MOO.

I haven't been following this at all so from the prospective of someone with no knowledge of the case but I did see Dunn's testimony. My impression/questions:
1. How long was the line in the gas station store? The girlfriend seemed to be taking forever. It was actually a very short line. She was not in there long and was at the counter when the shooting occurred. Maybe a couple minutes?
2. I felt like something was missing from his story; his deteriorated hearing was mentioned but his own words made me think he had super hearing. I doubt the hearing thing is true. If it is, he only used it to his benefit.
3. Hey stupid, call the police. I don't understand why he felt he didn't have to. Consciousness of guilt. He knew he did wrong. Plus he was drunk.
4. I have no understanding of guns but the whole firing at the car because he felt his girlfriend was now in danger because the victim's car was further away; that sounded fishy. It's a sympathy play, just like crying every time her name was mentioned.

He seemed to be guilty of something but, like I said, I am clueless about this case

Answers in red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member