GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that was such a joke he had nothing to do with local law enforcement...he was out of DCA...Dunn really had nothing

Well, I think he is *Dunn*... stick a fork in it DONE! :jail:

That's all I was doing too. You posted something I responded. That's a discussion. I don't think I was out of line either. I'm not accusing you of a thing, I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think the black mothers would be more apt to sympathize with the boy than anyone else with children.

Nothing nefarious.

I have seen lots of comments on here and everywhere, saying that he would not have shot into that car if the boys were not black. that is what I was responding to. Do you disagree with that sentiment?

Another thing to consider. If the windows were blacked out and he could not see the front portion of the car how was he able to determine that the passenger in the front seat didn't have a gun. Common sense would be the minute he "thought" he saw the barrel he should have put the car in reverse and backed out and moved. That was before JD supposedly got out of the SUV.

His initial statement was he "thought" it was a gun, or a stick, or something. A year later the story changes.

Anyone know what happens then a bullet hits in a area where people are pumping gas?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 28s
We're more than 2 hours in to #DunnTrial deliberations. Still no word on when day ends. #MichaelDunn

I have seen lots of comments on here and everywhere, saying that he would not have shot into that car if the boys were not black. that is what I was responding to. Do you disagree with that sentiment?

Completely agree. He has expressed vaguely racist sentiments on the stand and in writings. He had an issue with their "" music. He was scared of their gangster friends coming back for him. And so on. That's just a part of it though.

O/T...I've been AFK as my internet was down today in Atlanta...staying home as it's ice outside...2 weeks ago was such a mess but this time everyone is home.... shout out to Carolina Moon, did you make it home? Thought of you all day driving 100 miles in possible ice/ bad conditions.

On topic.... I was hoping they would return a verdict this evening.

I don't know. Isn't the police officer who shot the man in the movie theater from Florida? I think the "Stand Your Ground" law was not meant to protect people who "think" they might be in danger and overreact. jmo

Well, I think he's an Agriculture cop, technically. MD has a way of stretching the truth.

If he's found guilty he'd better hope there's no internet access that would allow any other prisoners to read his letters from jail!!! :scared::floorlaugh:

Maybe a rent-a-cop!

I don't know. Isn't the police officer who shot the man in the movie theater from Florida?

Yep, sure is. I'm wondering what all the supporters of SYG are secretly thinking: "Gee, this sure isn't what we thought would happen if this law passed". Not that anyone with half a brain couldn't foresee this.

Who knew a bag of popcorn or loud music constitutes a deadly weapon.

LOL. The rest of us could just get saws and cut Florida off the rest of the continent. Anyone good and decent should probably start packing and leave just in case!

I actually do worry about how people in the community will react if this is a NG verdict. I can't imagine anyone will be pleased with that outcome.

FL is really a wonderful place to be. It sunny (most of the time) its warm most of the time. So please don't saw us off.

I disagree. I think it could be considered murder 1, because at any point, he could have stopped. It doesn't matter how long ahead of the shooting he planned to shoot the kid for it to be considered premeditated, right? Even if he thought, "I'm going to shoot him and teach him a lesson!" a split second before he started. He didn't accidentally shot this kid, it was an intentional act due to a situation that he brought upon himself. He could have stopped when he reached for his gun, when he took it out of his glovebox, when he had it locked and loaded, when he aimed, and any time after each of the first 9 shots. He didn't though; he decided to kill this person and he did. Even when the kids drove away, he ran a few feet away behind his car and continued firing at them.

There was no danger to him, except that maybe his undies would become permanently bunched.

I think this is the prosecution view as well - I just doubt a jury (should I say Florida jury?) will see it this way - which is why I doubt the murder 1. But I am often very wrong about what a jury will decide.

If the Jury follows the law there is no way to convict him. The State didn't prove premeditation. The defense clearly made the point that he was intimidated and threatened. Florida State law makes it clear the if you threaten bodily harm and faint action to make that person believe you are going to take action, use of deadly force is justified!

Like I said from the beginning this had little to do with loud music and everything to do with threats and intimidation.

Maybe, hopefully this will be a wake up call to every young person that being polite will get you a lot farther in live then being belligerent!

O/T...I've been AFK as my internet was down today in Atlanta...staying home as it's ice outside...2 weeks ago was such a mess but this time everyone is home.... shout out to Carolina Moon, did you make it home? Thought of you all day driving 100 miles in possible ice/ bad conditions.

On topic.... I was hoping they would return a verdict this evening.

Made it home, just fine. The snow just started here. We're now due to have 5-9 inches, possible sleet/freezing rain on top. All ready.

Back to topic. Still listening to prosecution closing. Don't know if I will tolerate all of defense. I heard a bit and it made me ill.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
CONFIRMED: Prosecutors will hold press conference immediately following #DunnTrial verdict, when reached. #MichaelDunn

Popsicle, You have been posting throughout this trial. Are you now on call? Will you get any sleep?:loveyou:

Another thing to consider. If the windows were blacked out and he could not see the front portion of the car how was he able to determine that the passenger in the front seat didn't have a gun. Common sense would be the minute he "thought" he saw the barrel he should have put the car in reverse and backed out and moved. That was before JD supposedly got out of the SUV.

His initial statement was he "thought" it was a gun, or a stick, or something. A year later the story changes.

Anyone know what happens then a bullet hits in a area where people are pumping gas?

Yeah pretty sure there is no popcorn statute in it..

All teenagers are "belligerent". It's in their job description. I was mouthy as a kid at times, and so are all kids. That shouldn't be a capital offense, and no one should ever, ever execute another human being just for being rude.

Made it home, just fine. The snow just started here. We're now due to have 5-9 inches, possible sleet/freezing rain on top. All ready.

Back to topic. Still listening to prosecution closing. Don't know if I will tolerate all of defense. I heard a bit and it made me ill.

You have had a long day. Glad you made it to your appointment and back.

Yep, sure is. I'm wondering what all the supporters of SYG are secretly thinking: "Gee, this sure isn't what we thought would happen if this law passed". Not that anyone with half a brain couldn't foresee this.

Who knew a bag of popcorn or loud music constitutes a deadly weapon.

That case has piqued my interest, especially in regards to stand your ground. If you watch the video of the incident, the victim was very aggressive with the shooter. At one point it looked like he hit him in the face, though it's grainy and dark. I am not at all justifying what he did and I'm sad that he was killed, but I wonder to myself what would happen in that case if the man was black and pushing around an old man? What sort of names would people think to call him? How much more support would he have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva