GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder, 3 attempted murder and firing a missile or something

MD is being charged with 4 counts, IMO, I think they are leaning towards a guilty for Jordan, but not the ones for 3 counts of attempted murder. JMO.

Sounds like the opposite.

What was the second charge? Was it something about discharging a weapon? Oh, firing a missile. I would think that was because there were innocent people in the area where he fired and they could have been injured. Five charges. jmo

i hope they aren't surprised, like arias jurors, when they found out a deadlock means a mistrial. Why can't the judge explain that to them?

The consequences of their verdict shouldn't enter into the deliberations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly premeditation and intent to kill was proven beyond all doubt!!! WTH!!!!

i hope they aren't surprised, like arias jurors, when they found out a deadlock means a mistrial. Why can't the judge explain that to them?

The judge did tell them that it would be a mistrial for those counts...

@NewsAndNom: Healey: if jury deadlocked on (at least) one of counts, that count would have "mistrial" and other verdicts would be recorded #MichaelDunn

What was the second charge? Was it something about discharging a weapon?

Maybe they're hung on that one. Though the one juror being on the verge of tears doesn't sound good for the murder charge.

I don't want to work myself into a frenzy, I have no idea what they are thinking. Taking a break may help someone do some rethinking.

This isn't good, but a deadlock is better than a not guilty verdict. If they deadlock on murder, he can and probably will be retried.

agreed, but I don't want any part of this dragging on longer for this family. Please let them finish it all here.

What were the 5 counts again? :waitasec:

HLN just showed this on the screen....

First degree murder: life in prison

Second degree: minimum 25 years

Manslaughter: 9-30 years

Three attempted murder: 60 years (20 each)

Firing at car: up to 15 years

I'm taking an hour nap... When I wake up... I expect a verdict dammit!!!

I'm betting they will decide that the 3 counts of attempted murder and shooting into a car are decided. The three attempted murder charges will probably come back as not guilty. The shooting into a car guilty.and the murder count being deadlocked.

Yep, that was my immediate reaction to sit and now consider with others input. But what about moving the murder count to the lesser included charge. I guess there perhaps were holdouts for M1/M2 above the manslaughter. Who knows if they were between M1/M2 or M2/manslaughter.... or in Florida is M2=manslaughter. Just walking in so not thinking through yet... jumping into thread now!

:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

@NewsAndNom: Healey: if jury deadlocked on (at least) one of counts, that count would have "mistrial" and other verdicts would be recorded #MichaelDunn

Doesn't that mean he would be still convicted on those counts, but declare a mistrial on the one count and be tried for the one count only. Does that mean he would walk free?

I thought the 5 counts were
1 count murder
3 counts attempted murder
1 count firing into a vehicle

Does seem likely that the murder is the one in contention - doubt it's between 1&2 degree (surely they could agree to 2nd?) - more likely one or more think NG

but was one of the boys in the shop? Is it possible that they are hung up on one of the attempted murders?

AURGH! I knew this would happen, go outside to top off water troughs and feeders and the jury has questions.....happened in the Arias trial too!:facepalm:

Now, if I could just remember what I did when the verdict came in...........:waitasec:

HLN just showed this on the screen....

First degree murder: life in prison

Second degree: minimum 25 years

Manslaughter: 9-30 years

Three attempted murder: 60 years (20 each)

Firing at car: up to 15 years

:tyou:

So, 1st degree murder or 2nd.

He said he wasn't going to tell them that. I think the foreman had left the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth