GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me very nervous as to what they are unable to agree on.

May have reached verdict on 4 of 5 counts? Please god let one of them be murder...

I think that's it. They can't decide on the attempted murder counts.

I'm thinking they found him guilty of something in Jordan's case, but don't think he intended to kill the other 3.

I refuse to guess.
This is Florida ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jury wants a short break 5:30 5:45 is dinner for them...
Now jury is dismissed to either take break or continue deliberations and then dinner. We don't know which. Sounds like they are hung up on a few charges but have a verdict on others? Dear Lord.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 2m
Can we take a 30 min break?
Is it possible to not reach a verdict on one count and reach a verdict on other counts? - #MichaelDunn trial

:banghead: Oh For God's Sake!!!!!!!! No verdict on one count and a verdict on the other counts????? Damn. That question makes me think that they have not reached a verdict on the murder charge but have reached a verdict on attempted murder or manslaughter on the living kids. Please go pee so you will have a clear mind.
I don't think it's possible or logical to convict someone of attempted murder, and not convict on murder. Think about it. If you are attempting to kill someone, and they die--it's murder.

Right?
And I do have to go pee. Thanks!

add
:banghead: Oh For God's Sake!!!!!!!! No verdict on one count and a verdict on the other counts????? Damn. That question makes me think that they have not reached a verdict on the murder charge but have reached a verdict on attempted murder or manslaughter on the living kids. Please go pee so you will have a clear mind.

I'm thinking the other way around, maybe?

Very, very interesting question, and we now have something new to discuss.

Okay, judge says mistrial on the count that they can't agree on, and state can re-try on that count.

They'll be done tonight, imo.

ETA: After hearing the rest of what Judge H is saying, wow, y'all may be more correct than I am. I'm so confused...

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Healey: if jury deadlocked on (at least) one of counts, that count would have "mistrial" and other verdicts would be recorded #MichaelDunn

Hmmm.... forgot that those would be a mistrial situation. Silly me, how could I not think of it!

@LarryHannan: Jurors come I'm. One seems on verge of tears. #DunnTrial

So the charge they're hung on...Dunn can be retried for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't good, but a deadlock is better than a not guilty verdict. If they deadlock on murder, he can and probably will be retried.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 8s
Healey addresses rumors that courtroom will be closed for verdict says that's not true. #DunnTrial

I'm hearing that the question was: Can't reach a verdict on one count but can on the others. This leads me to believe that they can't agree on murder 1 vs. murder 2 but that they can agree on the rest. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Ripley