GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're hung on that one. Though the one juror being on the verge of tears doesn't sound good for the murder charge.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh do you happen to know if juror was female or male? black, white or asian?:facepalm:

I'm taking an hour nap... When I wake up... I expect a verdict dammit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleep just a bit longer. The jury's dinner hour will take longer than that. Of course, they have been known to start earlier than expected.

Take a deep breath y'all!!!

Seems to me that they clearly have verdicts on 4 of the 5 counts. They haven't told the judge that they are hung yet, so they will deliberate again after their break/dinner. If they are still unable to answer the fifth question, then the judge will issue the Allen charge. Which often leads to a quick(er) verdict, but not always.

Speculating on what those verdicts might be is like reading tea leaves at this point: maybe entertaining in some sense, but not with much accuracy.

How could they find Dunn not guilty of attempted murder of the three survivors? He certainly tried to kill them! He even kept shooting at the back of their car.

The judge did tell them that it would be a mistrial for those counts...

@NewsAndNom: Healey: if jury deadlocked on (at least) one of counts, that count would have "mistrial" and other verdicts would be recorded #MichaelDunn

I don't think the jury was in the room during that statement. The judge was talking to the lawyers and Dunn. IMHO.

I thought the 5 counts were
1 count murder
3 counts attempted murder
1 count firing into a vehicle

Does seem likely that the murder is the one in contention - doubt it's between 1&2 degree (surely they could agree to 2nd?) - more likely one or more think NG

but was one of the boys in the shop? Is it possible that they are hung up on one of the attempted murders?

I could see holdout(s) on either side not compromising with 2nd degree murder :( Or both sides.

I do think it's probably the murder part that they'd hang on.

I'm going to be so angry if someone would have let him off on some form of murder. Florida juries *SMH* :(

Doesn't that mean he would be still convicted on those counts, but declare a mistrial on the one count and be tried for the one count only. Does that mean he would walk free?

No if they convict of something and hang something else he will be jailed and sentenced for those counts and possibly retried for the hung counts. If he's found not guilty on some counts and they hang on some others, he's free to go on those counts. But I would think he would have to stay in jail for the hung counts while the sa's decide what they want to do with him.

I thought the 5 counts were
1 count murder
3 counts attempted murder
1 count firing into a vehicle

Does seem likely that the murder is the one in contention - doubt it's between 1&2 degree (surely they could agree to 2nd?) - more likely one or more think NG

but was one of the boys in the shop? Is it possible that they are hung up on one of the attempted murders?

I bet that is right Timespast....

HLN just showed this on the screen....

First degree murder: life in prison

Second degree: minimum 25 years

Manslaughter: 9-30 years

Three attempted murder: 60 years (20 each)

Firing at car: up to 15 years

Sorry to quote myself....

I think HLN was just putting up the possible sentences. The charges must be:

Murder (first second or manslaughter)
One attempted muder (times three)
Firing into vehicle

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 23s
To be clear, I don't know what charge jurors are deadlocked on. They didn't say which one it was. #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
There are five charges. One count of murder, three counts of attempted murder and one count of throwing a deadly missile. #DunnTrial

the prosecutor allowing Dunn to embellish his answers, talk back to him and make remarks. One big thing was allowing Dunn on more than one occasion, to say "No, I didn't call police until the next day". That was untrue-he NEVER called police-they called him. Dunn was allowed way too much leeway and although I'm sure the hope was that he would come across as arrogant and improper, he was also allowed to say a lot of things he shouldn't have been allowed to say and that is a risky thing in my mind. I think Dunn really needed the Juan Martinez cross examination of defendant treatment.

It's always hard in a criminal trial, when the focus is on what the defendant did and where the defendant is allowed to characterize the victim's actions but the victim is dead and has no real voice.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 2m
One person said state made a mistake not letting people know who Jordan was. No baby pictures, no stories of his first step, etc. #dunntrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
My guess its the murder of Jordan Davis that they're deadlocked on. But that's just a guess. I don't know. #DunnTrial

this is simply bad no matter how you look at it. the question was clear...they have 3 and are stuck on one. they are not stuck on just one of those attempted murders they are all time same and will all be same verdict.I have a trip soon to Florida and I think it will be my last...it is the wild west down ther I know there are those that don't agree but if MD goes free this will empower all those stand your ground guys out there...whatever they don't like go for it

If so, we shall all just SMH "it's Florida" and they can't do second level logical thinking.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Their only justification for such imho is that they viewed differently the first shots as a "reflex/reaction" but the other shots driving away as attempted murder.

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

:banghead::banghead:

Yabbut seven "reflexive" shots separated by 3 then 4? Then 3 more? Yeah, it's Florida, but that makes no sense to me.

it is possible that they worked thru the best charge for killing davis (and settled on 2nd or manslaughter for example, or someone finally gave in and agreed for 1st) and then could not get someone to agree with the attempted murder charges.

its possible.

i dont think it is possible that they could not be able to come to a decision on the firing into car unlawfully charge.

and i would like to think that they are not hung on the question of what charge is most appropriate for killing davis. because that question to me indicates if it is the charge related to killing davis that they are stuck on that they are going to come back with no verdict regarding all 3 charges there - 1st 2nd and manslaughter.

i really hope that doesnt happen, thats why i throw it out there (in vain im sure lol) that it is possible for them to be stuck on the attempted murder charges.

If he is found guilty of everything but the murder charge, he will still spend a considerable amount of time in prison, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth