GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 31s
Counting meals and breaks the jurors have now been deliberating for 24 hours. #dunntrial #wheresjackbauer?

Does anybody still think the judge will even go with the Allen charge? My perception is that the judge already feels that this jury is trying very hard to come to a unanimous decision and he won't want to "scold" them. I guess he'll ask both sides what they want to do, but he seems to respect their ability to try to work things out and the next note or verdict form may well be the end of it. MOO Anyone?

Maybe it's different in other states, but I posted the Florida charge yesterday and it's not "scoldy" at all. It's kind of obsequious, actually, imo

Does anybody still think the judge will even go with the Allen charge? My perception is that the judge already feels that this jury is trying very hard to come to a unanimous decision and he won't want to "scold" them. I guess he'll ask both sides what they want to do, but he seems to respect their ability to try to work things out and the next note or verdict form may well be the end of it. MOO Anyone?

I mean, they basically allen charged themselves. After the sent they note about not agreeing they continued working, took a break, and continued working some more. They slept on it, came back, and are clearly still working hard to come to a unanimous decision. Bless them. But at this point if they can't agree then it might not happen. I'd guess hanging, as a juror, feels like a failure, or like they didn't finish their job. I really want them to get there but not feeling very hopeful.

People who are shot don't usually scream, do they? I would think the reaction would be more like stunned silence. But my only experience with gunshot wounds is what I hear in cases like this and what I see in the movies.

I don't have direct knowledge either, but wasn't someone screaming in the car. I know I would be. I still think Dunn knew he hit Jordan, maybe even from Jordan's body movement. Why leave the scene unless you knew you did something wrong.

Given how clear cut it is for most of us...I think it is a bad sign...also if you review that last question...that is not good at all.

I just wonder if these jurors were so unhappy with a few of the outcomes of other high profile trials in their state that they decided not to do a quick verdict. They are being so thorough so as not to come to a wrong conclusion. I am sort of happy they are taking their time and going over everything so nothing is missed. It is all about the lies of MD that is his defense and maybe they are sifting through fact and fiction. We all have the advantage of discussing each piece of evidence that they weren't allowed to do as it went along. I am trying to be optimistic that they will do M1.
After listening to the calls last night I noticed a change in RR's demeanor with him. I think she was seeing things differently as the time went on very early. Even MD seemed to be upset a few times with her reactions. Maybe he knew he wasn't pulling the wool over her eyes. I would like to know if she still writes to him. I would not want to write him because it is all down on paper. I would rather talk to him on the phone. His letter writing had an air of getting people to side with him. I bet not one of those people in MD's network of friends and family thought he did the right thing that night. He is delusional.
Come on jury give us a M1.....

My daily thank you to Popsicle
(((((((Popsicle)))))))))

Jury asks questions on Day 4 of deliberations

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Less than an hour after the jury in Michael Dunn murder trial began its deliberations Saturday morning, the juror sent out three questions:

1.Is the defense of self-defense separate for each person in each count? Judge Russell Healey answered "Yes."

2.Are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count? Judge: "Yes."

3.If we determine deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others. Judge: "No. Self-defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count."

Dunn and defense attorney Cory Strolla objected to the way the judge answered the last count, but that the judge overruled and gave that instruction to the jury and it was sent back into deliberations just after 10 a.m.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michae...ations/-/475880/24499490/-/va41j/-/index.html

Just logged on and saw these questions, Oh my. :banghead:

not quite getting the judge's answers on those last questions .. how can he be found criminally liable for attempted murder while simultaneously being found to be shooting in self defense .. that would mean that you can still be found guilty even if you're shooting in self defense ..

either he was shooting in self defense and isn't guilty of anything or he's guilty period .. I don't agree with the judge on that one .. strolla's objection is a valid one

Just want to say that all the Jax media alerts I have set-up on my phone suck!! I have gotten no alerts about the most recent jury questions, but news4jax sent me a text about the U.S. Olympic hockey game? I know it's Saturday, but jeez-o-flip!! :(

I hear this a lot where someone is wanting or has tried to sue Corey! She is so not well liked. I'm not seeing her in office on next election, she does over charge case and cost the state so much money. I had a defense attorney I know very well explain that to me.

I'm one of those who won't vote for her when she runs again. She's no Harry Shorstein (her predecessor). She ran as tough on crime, but she overcharges and that actually seems to hurt her office when they lose high-publicity cases. She seems to overcharge and overpublicize to the press, and then weakens when it's time to bring the case home at trial. Firing 20% of the SAO employees after her election also did not endear her locally, and it also may explain some of the in-court weaknesses seen in her office's prosecutions. One thing she has going for her in the short-term is that the current issues in the public defenders' office (Google Matt Shirk) shifted media focus away from her office after her unsuccessful prosecution of the Zimmerman case until this trial.

I just wonder if these jurors were so unhappy with a few of the outcomes of other high profile trials in their state that they decided not to do a quick verdict. They are being so thorough so as not to come to a wrong conclusion. I am sort of happy they are taking their time and going over everything so nothing is missed. It is all about the lies of MD that is his defense and maybe they are sifting through fact and fiction. We all have the advantage of discussing each piece of evidence that they weren't allowed to do as it went along. I am trying to be optimistic that they will do M1.
After listening to the calls last night I noticed a change in RR's demeanor with him. I think she was seeing things differently as the time went on very early. Even MD seemed to be upset a few times with her reactions. Maybe he knew he wasn't pulling the wool over her eyes. I would like to know if she still writes to him. I would not want to write him because it is all down on paper. I would rather talk to him on the phone. His letter writing had an air of getting people to side with him. I bet not one of those people in MD's network of friends and family thought he did the right thing that night. He is delusional.
Come on jury give us a M1.....

I also noted the change in her demeanor....also noted that when she was sick he could care less...he just moved on to say something about himself.

not quite getting the judge's answers on those last questions .. how can he be criminally liable for attempted murder at the same time that he's shooting in self defense .. that would mean that you can still be found guilty even if you're shooting in self defense ..

either he was shooting in self defense and isn't guilty of anything or he's guilty period .. I don't agree with the judge on that one .. strolla's objection is a valid one

Welcome to our group djameson. :seeya:

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

:wagon:

not quite getting the judge's answers on those last questions .. how can he be criminally liable for attempted murder at the same time that he's shooting in self defense .. that would mean that you can still be found guilty even if you're shooting in self defense ..

Perhaps because he continued to shoot even after the immediate threat was over?

There are 4 different people he was shooting at. How can you not agree that they are all separate? If you think one person is trying to kill you (which I don't believe is true AT ALL, in this case), can you just kill everyone in his/her vicinity?

Just want to say that all the Jax media alerts I have set-up on my phone suck!! I have gotten no alerts about the most recent jury questions, but news4jax sent me a text about the U.S. Olympic hockey game? I know it's Saturday, but jeez-o-flip!! :(

Whoa, Whoa Now Daisy!
Some of us nutbars are just as invested in things such as Olympic Hockey (see siggy :giggle:).

But I get it, they should let you select from categories for text alerts (sports, weather, news, etc.)

I looked at the Demographics for Brevard County where Dunn is from.

Brevard County: Caucasian population is 84.2%, AA 10.5%, Hispanic 2.3%, Asian 2.3%.

Florida as a whole: Caucasian 78.3%, AA 16.6%, Hispanic 23.2%.

Duval County: Caucasion 62.5%, AA 29.9%, Asian 4.4%, Hispanic 8.1 %

Looking at these demographics, is the jury proportional?

Lots of talk now as things seem not so clear anymore about Angela Corey overcharging..all the usual media saying this....i guess if he is not convicted they will blame it on this...but they have the option of M2 so what is the problem.? Is there something negative that happens when you charge M1. I could understand this if M2 was not an option. Anyone have any insight here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff