GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a copy of the jury instructions to share? I'm curious to see how it reads. There are over 40 pages...

I watched the entire trial and all of the police interviews and imo it was clearly self defense. The eyewitness accounts back up everything MD has consistently said. The regurgitation of media soundbites are being turned into false facts. Thankfully the jury will only see the true facts and not the hyperbole.

Why then, if it was self defense, did he not report it to LE?

He never ever called 911, even after arriving at the hotel.

During his interrogation with LE he said he "thought" he saw a gun or something.
Now he's sure he saw a gun.
He never ever told his fiancé about seeing a gun.

That's not consistent.

AND the police car across the street (repeat!), I forgot, did this come out in court?

i thought it was mentioned can't remember by who...but it begs the question why MD did not go to them (I think we know) and also why the SUV did not just pull right up to them.

Lots of weird happenings that night.

I am glad I am not on this jury. Separating emotion and facts would be difficult, but that is what the jury has been charged to do.

Where I have trouble, is that if Jordan Davis was yelling back and forth with Dunn saying something like "I am gonna kick you *advertiser censored* mfer", is that enough for Dunn to be fearful for his life?

I watched the entire trial and all of the police interviews and imo it was clearly self defense. The eyewitness accounts back up everything MD has consistently said. The regurgitation of media soundbites are being turned into false facts. Thankfully the jury will only see the true facts and not the hyperbole.

I disagree that the eye witness testimony backs up everything he has said, but I respect your opinion.

Why do you think that someone who was clearly acting in self defense never called the police? Why would he not report that a person with a gun was threatening people at gas stations? What if the teen really had a gun and used it on someone else that night? If he was so in fear of his life, why did he leave his gun in the car and not ask for police protection?

IMHO, those are not the actions of a man who had nothing to hide.

They're not in Brevard, they are in Jacksonville.

As Zuri posted, Dunn lives in Brevard and the trial is in Duval. IMO, I don't think the demographics of the jury equals the demographics of either county, though it's closer to Brevard.

I am glad I am not on this jury. Separating emotion and facts would be difficult, but that is what the jury has been charged to do.

Where I have trouble, is that if Jordan Davis was yelling back and forth with Dunn saying something like "I am gonna kick you *advertiser censored* mfer", is that enough for Dunn to be fearful for his life?

Here's what I think. When you are armed with a gun, then apparently absolutely anything seems to become a life-threatening event. Whether it's "I'm gonna kick your a$$" or having popcorn thrown at you. :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

IMO some people (jurors) are overthinking it and have left their common sense at the door of the deliberation room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a copy of the jury instructions to share? I'm curious to see how it reads. There are over 40 pages...

I have permission to re-post my link to the full jury instructions. They're not JUST the ones in this case, though. They do include a link to the schedule of lesser includeds, which is why I posted it in the first place. However, the schedule apparently has not been updated in quite some time. The current lesser includeds should be with each individual charge, though -- which also are all available at the link.

Finally, you should get a pop up telling you what specific charges are currently subject to revision based on recent cases.

Sorry, but it's too much for me to cut and paste!

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/jury_instructions/instructions.shtml

Hence Duvall County
Duval County, Florida
As of the census of 2010, there were 864,263 people, 342,450 households, and 218,254 families residing in the county. The population density was 1,117 people per square mile (389/km²). There were 388,486 housing units at an average density of 502 per square mile (241/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 60.90% White, 29.50% Black or African American, 0.40% Native American, 4.20% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 2.10% from other races, and 2.90% from two or more races. 7.90% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 87.40% spoke English (only), 5.70% Spanish and 2.80% Tagalog as their first language.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duval_County,_Florida

JMO...why did he run? If he was truly concerned or scared,why not call the police and at least let someone know that about the situation so no one else was shot? Why walk the dog or keep gun in car if concerned he was followed? His behavior after the incident speaks volumes. How can you or anyone, overlook this?

Maybe it's different in other states, but I posted the Florida charge yesterday and it's not "scoldy" at all. It's kind of obsequious, actually, imo

I agree, it reads as if this very polite judge could have written it himself.

I just wonder if these jurors were so unhappy with a few of the outcomes of other high profile trials in their state that they decided not to do a quick verdict. They are being so thorough so as not to come to a wrong conclusion. I am sort of happy they are taking their time and going over everything so nothing is missed. It is all about the lies of MD that is his defense and maybe they are sifting through fact and fiction. We all have the advantage of discussing each piece of evidence that they weren't allowed to do as it went along. I am trying to be optimistic that they will do M1.
After listening to the calls last night I noticed a change in RR's demeanor with him. I think she was seeing things differently as the time went on very early. Even MD seemed to be upset a few times with her reactions. Maybe he knew he wasn't pulling the wool over her eyes. I would like to know if she still writes to him. I would not want to write him because it is all down on paper. I would rather talk to him on the phone. His letter writing had an air of getting people to side with him. I bet not one of those people in MD's network of friends and family thought he did the right thing that night. He is delusional.
Come on jury give us a M1.....

I noticed a change in RR as the phone calls went on too. I also took notice of RR when she left the witness stand during Rebuttal and from what I saw she never even looked at Dunn. She headed straight for the Prosecution table to retrieve her purse, did not look Dunn's way, and left the courtroom. The camera the panned straight to Dunn and he looked a bit puzzled or maybe disappointed that she did not look his way. I too would like to know the relationship between the two of them now.

I definitely get reasonable doubt. I have my doubts too, though I don't think they're reasonable which is why I'd vote guilty. But I sincerely fail to see how this was clearly self defense. I don't see how it was clearly anything.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Reminder: if we don't get a verdict today, Judge wants #DunnTrial deliberations tomorrow (Sunday) #MichaelDunn

Just woke up and saw #DunnTrial trending on Twitter, so I ran over here to see what's going on. I read the last 3 pages, but it doesn't look like much has happened this morning. Anything critical?

Now that it's Saturday and HLN isn't broadcasting about the case all day, is there anyplace online to watch a feed from the courtroom?

I'm so nervous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member