GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that there is at least one holdout for justifiable; would consider the other shots not being justified. I would prefer a hung jury on that count than self-defense. This is sad...

He already said in his letters that he is planning numerous law suits.

He pumps 10 bullets into a car full of people in a public space, flees the scene, doesn't report it, stays the night in a hotel eating pizza and drinking booze, drives all the way home the following day and still doesn't report it and only admits any kind of involvement when the cops contact him?

.... and he's the one planning on filing lawsuits? :facepalm:

Sonny Hosten on HLN theorizing that there is a bloc of 4 jurors who were nodding. Minority or Majority opinion not known.

Even if they believed that, there is no excuse for him fleeing. He was trying to get away with it. I don't for one minute believe he was going to go to the police. :gavel:

ITA, because if he thought he was justified at the time, he would have stayed at the scene or called LE. But, he is not being charged with leaving the scene. Though (to me) this is an indication of guilt.

Does someone have a link that they can paste in here that shows the EXACT charges and lessers.

TIA

This?-

Thought id post this for those who don't know the charges
xhv6.jpg

In addition to Murder in the First Degree Instructions, the following may have been included

FLJI 3.3 (a) Aggravation of a Felony by Carrying a Firearm
FLJI 3.6 (f) Justifiable Use of Deadly Force
FLJI 6.2 Attempted Murder-First Degree (Premeditated)
FLJI 6.4 Attempted Second Degree Murder
FLJI 7.7 Manslaughter
FLJI 8.1 Assault
FLJI 8.2 Aggravated Assault
FLJI 8.3 Battery
FLJI 8.4 Aggravated Battery
FLJI 10.13 Shooting or Throwing Missiles in Dwelling

I think these are the lesser included ATL.

He already said in his letters that he is planning numerous law suits. :facepalm: :banghead:

Those will be difficult to prove since he already settled a civil suit with Jordan's family. Or, was that his insurance that settled?

Perhaps believing that he thought he saw something.

I think you may have a point, and those words worry me. Have some in Florida become so paranoid that it's a great legal excuse to kill as long as someone makes sure to allege they may have seen "something". Word will get out that this could be the magic phrase. It doesn't matter what the real reason was...the shooter hated the music and was going to stop it, and punish those who annoyed him.
I fear we're going to see case after case of the angry entitled giving the smackdown to teens with the blessing of the state.

He pumps 10 bullets into a car full of people in a public space, flees the scene, doesn't report it, stays the night in a hotel eating pizza and drinking booze, drives all the way home the following day and still doesn't report it and only admits any kind of involvement when the cops contact him?

.... and he's the one planning on filing lawsuits? :facepalm:

Yep. He's something special, isn't he?

Dunn testified that he only saw 4 inches of what he thought was a shotgun barrel.

Dunn, a software developer, testified that he saw Jordan Davis point what appeared to be four inches of a barrel of a gun at him.

"I thought he was coming to kill me. I thought he was coming to beat me," Dunn said.

Dunn said he did not see what he believed to be a shotgun anymore when he pulled out his own gun and began firing.

I'm not sure how he determined there was a shotgun if he only saw 4 inches of "something." If the alleged shotgun was pointed at him, he would have seen more than 4 inches of a barrel.

By the time he retrieved his gun from the glove box, the alleged shotgun wasn't being displayed so there was no threat. I don't understand how Dunn was in fear of death or great bodily harm from his description of the events.

I hope the jury see's it the way I do.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury/story?id=22495493

This confused jury is making me queasy. Clearly, they don't understand the charges. I wish the judge would sit them all down and explain the charges and what they mean.

Those will be difficult to prove since he already settled a civil suit with Jordan's family. Or, was that his insurance that settled?

He wants to sue AC, and I thought I read that he wanted to sue someone else for defamation of character? I'll have to go back and read those awful, self-serving letters again.

I'm just sick... If the jury lets him off....

basically, anyone, anywhere, can shoot anyone and just say "I thought I saw a gun," and not face justice.

"Officer, I killed my spouse (who is about to leave me for someone else) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my husband (who just took out a million dollar life insurance policy) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my mistress (who is pregnant and threatening to tell my wife) because I thought I saw a gun."

UGH! I may never stop throwing up.

Let's hope this jury doesn't go there.

Does someone have a link that they can paste in here that shows the EXACT charges and lessers.

TIA

The Duval Clerk sourt site has this link which summarizes that info (this is unusual for Duval but saves them tons of casual registrations to their normal Clerk of Courts site, I suppose. Links to LOTS of court documents there too

http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/

1 S782.04(1)(A) MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
2 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
3 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
4 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
5 S790.19 SHOOTING OR THROWING DEADLY MISSILE -- PLED NOT GUILTY

I know he wrote that after this is over, he wants to sue Corey, et. al. and get a bunch of money.

I hear this a lot where someone is wanting or has tried to sue Corey! She is so not well liked. I'm not seeing her in office on next election, she does over charge case and cost the state so much money. I had a defense attorney I know very well explain that to me.

I think you may have a point, and those words worry me. Have some in Florida become so paranoid that it's a great legal excuse to kill as long as someone alleges they may have seen "something". Word will get out that this could be the magic phrase.
I fear we're going to see case after case of the angry entitled giving the smackdown to teens with the blessing of the state.

Oh, trust me. People like MD already have the magic phrase on the tip of their tongues: "I was in fear for my life. I was in fear for my life." They know that's all they have to claim initially and then can fabricate the details later because there's a good chance that someone will identify with such a fear, irregardless of whether or not it is a reasonable fear. I'm just surprised in this case that anyone could fall hook, line and sinker for this ridiculous defense.

I cannot believe there is no verdict yet. This is freakin insane. Wtf is going on down there, is it just open season now on anyone of color, or anyone at all who might slightly annoy someone in some way or another?!!

Thanks to all for all the updates btw... Been following but not posting, too much homework/studying and all my kids been home from school sick or on snow days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I think you may have a point, and those words worry me. Have some in Florida become so paranoid that it's a great legal excuse to kill as long as someone makes sure to allege they may have seen "something". Word will get out that this could be the magic phrase. It doesn't matter what the real reason was...the shooter hated the music and was going to stop it, and punish those who annoyed him.

:waitasec: What? How is the state giving their blessing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthyMcSnoop