GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is simply bad no matter how you look at it. the question was clear...they have 3 and are stuck on one. they are not stuck on just one of those attempted murders they are all time same and will all be same verdict.I have a trip soon to Florida and I think it will be my last...it is the wild west down ther I know there are those that don't agree but if MD goes free this will empower all those stand your ground guys out there...whatever they don't like go for it

OOPS! That's got to be a "typo"......BBM...........Arizona IS the "Wild West", Florida is the "Crazy South" :floorlaugh:

No slight intended, but it just chaps my hide that any other state would be labeled such because we in Arizona try our damnedest to keep that "Wild West" thing going, keeps the "crazies" from moving here.:facepalm:

Just kidding on the "crazy south"........love you all!:loveyou:

I'm having shivering fits!! I look for verdict tonight. No court on Monday I believe, Val. day, and weekend is here. Compromise, 2nd degree..my guess, not my vote!

Hi Nore! :seeya: The judge said the jury could work on Saturdsy and Sunday if they wanted. And he also said let them work as late as they want tonight.

just to throw a complete WTF moment possibility out there (i DO NOT think this is going to happen) but...

if they ever came back with not guilty on everything but hung on the charge of firing into the vehicle i think i might have a stroke... with just one or two holdouts feeling that they have to convict him of something and not budging on guilty on the firing charge.

i cant imagine 12 people ever agreeing on that tho, i havent read the exact law or jury instructions but it seems to me that 12 people could never agree with the insane logic it would take to come to those verdicts.

but i can certainly imagine a person that could buy into his story and find him not guilty on everything because they feel the boys all acted in concert to hide the weapon etc... just totally buying dunn's story top to bottom...

frightening to think of.

it wont happen tho, its too crazy to actually happen...

I'm suddenly nervous....

If they agree on the three counts of attempted murder, well, that implies premeditation....just none of those young men died.

If that were the case...it would be an obvious first degree conviction for Jordan, who did die.

Now I'm worried the jury is trying to acquit. Maybe the split is over acquittal vs manslaughter.

Must. Not. Think. Such. Bad. Thoughts! :banghead:

Hey, fun fact, Debra Messing is following this trial (per Vinnie Politan's twitter).

Maybe the problem is that I have not left work. Maybe on my drive home, the jury will come back with their verdict.

over and out will check in later!!!

If a shot gun had been fired, Someone in the Durango would of had residue on their hands. Plus there would of been a bullet casing from the shotgun. So they would of had enough time to throw the gun and look for a bullet casing to throw away as well.

i had almost forgot - one of the biggest moments where you can tell dunn is just a giant liar was when he suggested that there was a pop in the audio tape that could have been someone in the durango firing at him, and he did it in a devious little sneaky way too that i felt gave you a good indication of the lengths he will go to suggest those boys were dangerous thugs...

in response to "but they didnt shoot at you did they?" he replied something like "well i dont know that, there is a POP on the surveillance tape so i dont know i mean, that could be.. im not saying they did but you know"

just to throw a complete WTF moment possibility out there (i DO NOT think this is going to happen) but...

if they ever came back with not guilty on everything but hung on the charge of firing into the vehicle i think i might have a stroke... with just one or two holdouts feeling that they have to convict him of something and not budging on guilty on the firing charge.

i cant imagine 12 people ever agreeing on that tho, i havent read the exact law or jury instructions but it seems to me that 12 people could never agree with the insane logic it would take to come to those verdicts.

but i can certainly imagine a person that could buy into his story and find him not guilty on everything because they feel the boys all acted in concert to hide the weapon etc... just totally buying dunn's story top to bottom...

frightening to think of.

it wont happen tho, its too crazy to actually happen...

I was just thinking the same thing...LOL

Just in case he squeaks out of this, I hope LE have confiscated all his guns, and he be forbidden to ever again own or fire a gun.

I have a feeling that some on that jury may have felt this was a justifiable homicide and Dunn was in fear for his life, thinking he saw a gun. This would be such a miscarriage of justice. The jury would have to assume that Dunn was so polite and did nothing wrong, and the actions of Jordan Davis caused his own death. I am discouraged at this point, especially reading that one of the jurors was in tears. IMO

I hope I am so very very wrong.

IMO, if they are having trouble on the degree of the murder charge, they have already decided him guilty on the attempted murder charges. I can't imagine that there are people who think he is not guilty of attempted murder but unsure if he is guilty of murder.

Exactly what I posted a while ago.

How in the world can you be convicted of attempting to murder people, when at the same time you DO murder one of them--yet don't get convicted of that??
It makes absolutely no sense, it's not logical, and completely bizarre.

:scared:

I don't know about Florida, but for instance in AZ when Richard Chrisman was found guilty for some charges but got hung up on the others, the judge went ahead and scheduled a sentencing date for the next month when he was convicted even though it wasn't known if there would be another trial for the hung charges. So I think if he's found guilty of any charge the judge will schedule a sentencing hearing even before it's decided if there will be any new trials.

Yes, I know........But there's an other chick sitting in AZ, found guilty of first degree murder sitting in jail and has not been sentenced since June of last year.

My guess is, that if he's found guilty, of what ever it is, he will be sentenced and wait in prison for a new trial.

GOING OUT TO FEED THE HORSES!!!!!

.......maybe THAT will bring in the verdict......not going back to the Arias trial!:please:

*nevermind.......jury eating dinner*

I'm suddenly nervous....

If they agree on the three counts of attempted murder, well, that implies premeditation....just none of those young men died.

If that were the case...it would be an obvious first degree conviction for Jordan, who did die.

Now I'm worried the jury is trying to acquit. Maybe the split is over acquittal vs manslaughter.

Must. Not. Think. Such. Bad. Thoughts! :banghead:

Please- bite your tongue :floorlaugh:

Yes, I know........But there's an other chick sitting in AZ, found guilty of first degree murder sitting in jail and has not been sentenced since June of last year.

My guess is, that if he's found guilty, of what ever it is, he will be sentenced and wait in prison for a new trial.

She hasn't been sentenced because of the hung jury during sentencing phase. The jury for Chrisman was not to decide his sentence. After the verdict they were done, totally different situation.

OOPS! That's got to be a "typo"......BBM...........Arizona IS the "Wild West", Florida is the "Crazy South" :floorlaugh:

No slight intended, but it just chaps my hide that any other state would be labeled such because we in Arizona try our damnedest to keep that "Wild West" thing going, keeps the "crazies" from moving here.:facepalm:

Just kidding on the "crazy south"........love you all!:loveyou:

I thought New Mexico was the Wild West!!!:facepalm:

Hi Nore! :seeya: The judge said the jury could work on Saturdsy and Sunday if they wanted. And he also said let them work as late as they want tonight.

I bet they come back tonight....

The judge said they could take their 30 minutes plus their dinner hour and make it an extended dinner...

But they said they just wanted 30 minutes.

Plus, since they were told that YES, they could reach one verdict and not another, it may have simplified whatever conundrum the have about whichever count(s) now that they are allowed to "agree to disagree."

I wish JVM on HLN would strop screaming.
Now I remember why I never watch that station any more.

It's actually "Firing into an occupied vehicle". Not aiming at anyone in particular, but aware that there are people inside.

I could see someone getting hung up on this count because of the three count of attempted murder from firing into the car. Someone may feel it's like charging him twice. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman