GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I stand corrected. You are correct. He read the Allen charge verbatim. I still think it's very wrong to tell jurors how to deliberate. I don't have the availability to research this, but I wonder if this has been challenged by people who have been convicted.

I am surmising that each state has their own version of the Allen charge. I am not a fan of the Florida version if each juror has to go around and state the weakness of their position. Maybe I am not understanding that part. :seeya:

Yes you did. I for one, appreciate the fact that you can admit when you are mistaken. Some people can't. :)

If it ever happens... I'll be the first to admit I'm wrong.
Just has never happened:) lmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is crump doing? That case does not have anything to do with this one..

What bothers me most is everyone is acting as if it is over! It is not!!!!!

Stop with the doom and gloom!

No, it's because it's really my name and I live in L.A. Lol!

O/T

:seeya: Ok then, cool name!

(It is a character on Game of Thrones name, and the spelling is unusual for the way they pronounce it, "Jamie". Also HBO show called "Jaime Private School Girl" but she pronounces it "Ja'Mae") :)

Yes, and I openly stated I was mistaken. Upthread. Fact.

my apologies, you must have been posting that you were mistaken as I was seeking the exact text of the Allen Charge.

I am heated about this case and showed my *advertiser censored* for a moment. Fact.

UGH Zimmerman is going to be interviewed monday morn on CNN
:facepalm: Smart of them to advertise that NOW.

confirms that msm will keep these cases whipped up to play on the viewer's emotions, other wise why play GZ interview? this is foul as hell. what are they implying? if Dunn gets off he and GZ can open a kill and free club. anger here. jmo

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 46s
Jury has another question. #DunnTrial

OT moment of comic relief...

I live on the other side of the country from Florida, but signed up for text alerts from all the Jacksonville news stations so I would know when the verdict is in. All I keep greeting are texts with traffic alerts for Jacksonville. Every time my phone's text sound dings, I about jump out of my chair. Then I read that some random freeway 3,000 miles away is closed and feel relieved. Lol!

But he also told them if they could not agree on a charge, then a mistrial would be declared for that one charge. If i recall correctly, I have always heard "chatter" that they were not allowed to tell a jury the consequences of a deadlock, hung jury, guilt or not guilty verdict.

JMO

I believe that's in Florida's version which Judge Healey appeared to read verbatim.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 11s
Audio is up #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3s
Healey: we have reviewed the weaknesses and have more to talk about #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I am surmising that each state has their own version of the Allen charge. I am not a fan of the Florida version if each juror has to go around and state the weakness of their position. Maybe I am not understanding that part. :seeya:

That's what it appears to say. We tell jurors what they "can't" do (outside research, etc), but specifically telling them to go around and state the weakness of their own positions seems to me to create fodder for those on the other side. And the part about "no interrupting"? Ha! What if one juror has said the same thing 50 times in 4 days, and repeats it again? Everyone would have to sit there and listen to it again. I dunno. As I said, IANAFL, but this feels awfully strange to me.

Jury question: if we are unable to agree, is the entire case mistress or just that count?

Answer: just that count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members