GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of Jury question #8 from earlier today. They specifically asked about self defense for each person in the car. Unfortunately, that tells me they believe Dunn about JD threatening him, yet the others did not. :(

Michael Dunn Trial - Jury Question #8 - YouTube

They certainly seem diligent ...and they seem to have made progress and are still willing to give it a go.

Hopefully they'll manage to convince the holdouts and reach a verdict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of Jury question #8 from earlier today. They specifically asked about self defense for each person in the car. Unfortunately, that tells me they believe Dunn about JD threatening him, yet the others did not. :(

Michael Dunn Trial - Jury Question #8 - YouTube

No. I don't believe that at all. I think it means that they were trying to see if all the counts were tied together.

I don't agree. I think that there is no evidence at all of self defense against the others in the car. IMO

Do we know how much time the judge (love him, by the way) will allow between the jury deciding and the verdicts being read?

Isn't it like 30 minutes?

Judge said earlier 30-45 minutes

Retweeted by Rachel Leitão
anne schindler ‏@schindy 7m
New black panther party protester holds "lynching" flyer outside #dunntrial courthouse #JordanDavis pic.twitter.com/rivNFRAlKY

I haven't read all the posts - you guys are too fast! So this may have already been said, but I have to get this out there. I totally disagree with the talking heads that say if the jury is hung up on the 1st charge, then the verdict on charges 2-4 will be not guilty. I totally disagree because this shooting happened in 2 parts. The shooting by the car and then the final 4 or 5 shoots that were made as the SUV was leaving the parking lot. To me - that is attempted 1st degree murder. The SUV was leaving. MD had time to stop and he chose not too.

So just my point of view. I could be hung on the 1st charge but absolutely vote guilty on the 2-4 charges.

Salem

well i was gone all afternoon and came back to this...a final verdict is imminent for sure and frankly given they will hang on one I am really not certain why people are so sure the other ones will be guilty. If one or more people cannot decide on count one in any degree first second or manslaughter then I don't see how they can say he was trying to kill the others. I just don't get it and Florida has got some REAL problems.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
#DunnTrial jurors have been sequestered since last Thursday AM, so this is day 10 #MichaelDunn

Can they go with attempted murder on the other 3 kids and manslaughter on Jordan? If so, what are they waiting for? No reason to hold out for 1st degree since he will be serving all sentences consecutively.

A number of Florida attorneys have expressed the belief that State Attorney Angela Corey once again overcharged in the Michael Dunn case.

How maddening would it be if a mistrial on the top count is declared because one or two jurors held out for first degree murder as opposed to M2?

Having said this, I do think it is more likely the holdout is over at least one juror believing that MD 'reasoably' believed that a shotgun was pointed at him.

They certainly seem diligent ...and they seem to have made progress and are still willing to give it a go.

Hopefully they'll manage to convince the holdouts and reach a verdict.

I have a feeling this jury is keenly aware of how juries in some high profile recent cases in Florida have been regarded by the public. This jury has already given far more effort than I saw with the CA and GZ juries combined. MOO

lemon is right a teen is dead because someone could not mind their own business. and watch if jurors talk which i doubt we will find out who bought into his defense...they will probably end up coming on some tv show and crying because they made a mistake and did not convict him. At least they will hang and hopefully the next jury will get him on the murder...more money spent on this and all because of stand you ground.

You would CHANGE your mind based on not on evidence put forth in the trial, but on a possible mistrial?
I must be mistaken, because I thought that their entire decision was to be based on trial testimony.

I think it more likely that an over-zealous juror was telling the others that ALL counts would be mistried - and one or more wanted the judge to confirm or deny.

The trial should not be about the jury - no matter how much the Judge wants to praise them - the defendant and the victim are the important people in this trial.

They asked about a mistrial if they can't agree on all charges. IMO, because they don't want to think that all of their time was wasted, even if they are deadlocked on one charge. They are definitely trying their best.
Wasting their time, or not wasting their time, (mistrial), has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, and IMO, should not be considered.
Their only job is deciding guilt or innocence based on the evidence put forth in a court of law.

I don't believe that. We don't even know what their decision is yet. How can people get angry before they have an answer??

I wasn't clear if she was talking about Dunn's actions or the jury's.

If it was Dunn's actions I understand. If it was the jury's, I think that's just not right.

well i was gone all afternoon and came back to this...a final verdict is imminent for sure and frankly given they will hang on one I am really not certain why people are so sure the other ones will be guilty. If one or more people cannot decide on count one in any degree first second or manslaughter then I don't see how they can say he was trying to kill the others. I just don't get it and Florida has got some REAL problems.

I would think.... if they believed his tale of self defense... They'd find him NG. They'd likely turn a blind eye to shooting at the rest of the imaginary gun toting teens that were shot at.

But it's Florida. Who the hell knows? I to guess what any jury is thinking... Let alone Florida juries!

I don't believe that. We don't even know what their decision is yet. How can people get angry before they have an answer??

Not necessarily talking about tej jury here, but about the legal atmosphere tht allows this sort of event to happen in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The true fact of the matter is that nobody, TH's included know what the jury is thinking or hung on.

We are all just speculating on different scenarios.

I don't see a verdict tonight.

Hoping we get a just verdict tomorrow! On Jordan's birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar