GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not watching this twitter thread, you may want to, very good pictures being posted from outside the court house: https://twitter.com/romneysmith

I honestly think that if I lived there, and a not guilty verdict was reached, I'd be out there with the rest of the crowd demanding the legal system and laws regarding self defense in Florida be revised. This is total BS.

These are brought over from the previous thread;

It is unbelievably stupid they even posed that question. That's common sense. If a guy pulls a gun on you, you can't shoot innocent people while trying to shoot them.:banghead:

I can't cry. I'm enraged. Right now I'm extremely glad I never had children. I'd be a wreck leaving someone in this world for the future.

That's a great post and I'd be willing to bet diamonds to donuts that someone on the jury has pointed that out. To me, that is foolproof logic. Unfortunately, someone or someone's on the jury can't understand that line of thinking. JMO

He probably couldn't do that without crafting the language with both the prosecutor and defense attorney. They wouldn't be done til June. JMO

I have a feeling that there is a juror or jurors with an agenda or severe stupidity.

I think a conversation like this is taking place;

A juror - "Let's see, he lied about calling the police, he lied about telling his girlfriend about his seeing a gun, he lied about being afraid they'd come back to the hotel for him, there's an independent witness who heard him scream 'YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT' Just before shooting, he said he saw a long gun but one was never found, no witness, other than MD saw one, so why do you think he's not guilty?"

A different juror - "Well I don't think that people should have to actually see something if they're afraid of being killed. God forbid somebody dies because they were waiting to see the weapon before acting in self defense."

JMO

:goodpost:

Not sure if it was during Dunn's interrogation or while on the stand Dunn made a comment that she (Rhonda) did not understand self defense or didn't know about it.

Well, I've got to go, please feel free to express total outrage for me if there is a Not Guilty verdict.

After reading some of the posts here, I just had a flashback memory. Seventeen years ago,I was in a department store with my 3 year old daughter. I was standing in line to pay for a coat, about 5 people back from the register. A white man had picked up a coat, that was not on sale, that someone had put back on a 50% off rack. He started to bully the young black female clerk, yelling at her. She called her young white female manager over for assistance and this man was bullying her as well, yelling in a very rude manner.

Not one person in that line said a word. Not one. Except for me. I had watched it go on long enough, and in my ER tone of voice, I told the man to stop. I told him if the coat wasn't on sale it wasn't on sale. He looked at me and then shut his mouth and walked off after throwing the coat down. I was shaking with anger that someone could be so rude.

It was later pointed out to me that I should have said nothing, because what if the man had a gun and I was shot, possibly also having my daughter in the line of fire. I was stunned. That thought had never ever crossed my mind. What I saw was an injustice and others around me afraid to speak up for the clerks to this bully. I would never put my child in harm's way.

This was 17 years ago. I don't know whether I was right or wrong to speak up. In my heart, I was right as it ended the bullying tirade and the clerks looked at me and said thank you. What is sad is that I don't know if it would be prudent to do the same thing today...... JMV

If you're not watching this twitter thread, you may want to, very good pictures being posted from outside the court house: https://twitter.com/romneysmith

I honestly think that if I lived there, and a not guilty verdict was reached, I'd be out there with the rest of the crowd demanding the legal system and laws regarding self defense in Florida be revised. This is total BS.

Dunn's defense did not use Florida's "stand your ground" law in this case.

Dunn has not invoked a stand your ground defense, however his attorney, Cory Strolla, said in closing arguments that his client had a right to "meet force with force."

Which Florida self defense laws do you suggest be revised?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury-day-deliberations-verdict/story?id=22495493

OT: chocolate cake in progress made with boxes mix, water and Greek yogurt with semisweet chocolate chips folded in. I am jonesing for chocolate. Frosting will be melted semisweet chocolate chips folded into Greek yogurt, sort of a ganache!

After reading some of the posts here, I just had a flashback memory. Seventeen years ago,I was in a department store with my 3 year old daughter. I was standing in line to pay for a coat, about 5 people back from the register. A white man had picked up a coat, that was not on sale, that someone had put back on a 50% off rack. He started to bully the young black female clerk, yelling at her. She called her young white female manager over for assistance and this man was bullying her as well, yelling in a very rude manner.

Not one person in that line said a word. Not one. Except for me. I had watched it go on long enough, and in my ER tone of voice, I told the man to stop. I told him if the coat wasn't on sale it wasn't on sale. He looked at me and then shut his mouth and walked off after throwing the coat down. I was shaking with anger that someone could be so rude.

It was later pointed out to me that I should have said nothing, because what if the man had a gun and I was shot, possibly also having my daughter in the line of fire. I was stunned. That thought had never ever crossed my mind. What I saw was an injustice and others around me afraid to speak up for the clerks to this bully. I would never put my child in harm's way.

This was 17 years ago. I don't know whether I was right or wrong to speak up. In my heart, I was right as it ended the bullying tirade and the clerks looked at me and said thank you. What is sad is that I don't know if it would be prudent to do the same thing today...... JMV

That clearly shows you what a difference 17 years and some really bad legislature makes.

Frank Taffe makes my blood boil and I have informed HLN that I will not watch when that racist baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad is on. I agree there should be more outrage about him. Hopefully one of him is not on this jury.

I won't even give him the satisfaction of being outraged by him.

OT: chocolate cake in progress made with boxes mix, water and Greek yogurt with semisweet chocolate chips folded in. I am jonesing for chocolate. Frosting will be melted semisweet chocolate chips folded into Greek yogurt, sort of a ganache!

Chocolate folded in or thrown in, it sounds good. :) lol

ciao

Recently I overheard my son lecturing my 5-year old grandson. He was telling him that it's not okay to yell at people the way his mother (my son's ex) does. He explained that someone might get angry and punch him or worse if that person had a gun. It made me sad because I didn't grow up having to be afraid that the person in line or in the car next to me might be armed and shoot me if we had a disagreement.

So according to RR's testimony they saw the police car across the street from where they were pulling out and never approached the officer to tell him what happened. I missed that. I hope someone on the jury caught it. jmo

This bothers me, and my hinky meter says it could be part of the hold-up.

1. If a cop car was there, why didn't the victims stop?

2. Perhaps they didn't see the cop car (a strong possibility)

3. There WAS a gun in the car. I remember testimony that the defense said LE failed to properly search the bushes and Dumpsters for any weapons the teens may have ditched.

4. If a cop car was right there, why didn't he respond? Why didn't he hear gun shots?

This is all very confusing to me, and I'm thankful I'm not on that jury.

My thoughts that they come to a resolution soon. Even if it's a hung jury, I wouldn't mind. Just not an acquittal.

MOO

Mel

And forgive me if I am wrong, but what has he done to be qualified to be a panel member on shows about the courts other than be a neighbor to a person on trial?
And if THAT is the only reason, how is he still even relevant?

IMHO because they can't find anyone else willing to defend some of these people.

Dunn's defense did not use Florida's "stand your ground" law in this case.

Which Florida self defense laws do you suggest be revised?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury-day-deliberations-verdict/story?id=22495493

yes but as a friend mentioned elsewhere to me, although technically the Stand Your Ground defense is not being put forth in this trial, simple self defense is being used, the media continues to discuss stand your ground in relation to this case which has caused no small amount of confusion.

Oh gosh! I'm glad you spoke up. That was good of you. This has a lot of our attention right now, and it does because it's so unfathomable and rare. I think that stranger shootings like this probably don't happen so much that we should live in fear of one another all the time. I hope, anyway.

Recently I overheard my son lecturing my 5-year old grandson. He was telling him that it's not okay to yell at people the way his mother (my son's ex) does. He explained that someone might get angry and punch him or worse if that person had a gun. It made me sad because I didn't grow up having to be afraid that the person in line or in the car next to me might be armed and shoot me if we had a disagreement.

I hope you said something about the comments made about his mother. That's simply not acceptable. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member