GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 28s
I predict no one will be happy with this verdict. #DunnTrial

IMHO because they can't find anyone else willing to defend some of these people.

Anyone one of their paid defense position attorneys can do it.
He's disgusting and it scares me to death that twisted disturbed man is given air time. I will not watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
everyone, judge included, thought this would be done already. I'll keep you posted when verdict is in!

Well, I've got to go, please feel free to express total outrage for me if there is a Not Guilty verdict.

Could be where they are heading, I'm afraid. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt - lots of jury instructions. Dunn insisting there was a gun, yet a gun wasn't found. His word vs. theirs, an assumption that the gun was ditched and LE didn't search for it properly.

I absolutely understand why the teens drove off - who in their right mind would hang around while their car was being riddled with bullets from a mad man.

I'm really hoping for the best, but in the back of my mind, expecting the worst.

MOO

Mel

Once I was being chased through a mall by a man in uniform (not police) he kept trying to grab my arm and drag me I ran into a store for help when a nice black gentleman stood behind me and said leave the little girl alone. The man backed off.

This bothers me, and my hinky meter says it could be part of the hold-up.

1. If a cop car was there, why didn't the victims stop?

2. Perhaps they didn't see the cop car (a strong possibility)

3. There WAS a gun in the car. I remember testimony that the defense said LE failed to properly search the bushes and Dumpsters for any weapons the teens may have ditched.

4. If a cop car was right there, why didn't he respond? Why didn't he hear gun shots?

This is all very confusing to me, and I'm thankful I'm not on that jury.

My thoughts that they come to a resolution soon. Even if it's a hung jury, I wouldn't mind. Just not an acquittal.

MOO

Mel

1) The victims never left the parking area in the plaza. The police vehicle was out on the street and responded immediately after the officer put the DUI suspect in his vehicle.

2) Apparently they did not because they returned to the Gate when they found JD had been shot.

3) LE did search the bushes but didn't do so because MD failed to report the shooting and did not tell them until after 3pm the following afternoon. They can't search if they were only aware of what happened from the witnesses who never saw a shotgun. Shotguns are very difficult to miss when someone steps out of a car and aims one at another person. Witness said there was no gun they could see. You would see a shotgun. In MD's first interview he admits he was not sure what it was, a gun barrel, a pipe.....he never said he actually saw a gun, just that he thought it was a shotgun.

4) The police vehicle was across the street with a stopped DUI driver he was in the process of arresting. The officer was the first to arrive at the Gate and the SUV was already parked back at the Gate.

Hope that helps. jmo

That clearly shows you what a difference 17 years and some really bad legislature makes.

Now that I am thinking about this incident, it brings a tear to my eye. In my heart of hearts, I know I would do it again. I am usually very courteous, polite and soft spoken. That is until I see acts of injustice and bullies like Dunn. I have spoken out against injustices, directly and indirectly.

Most of the instances have been when I worked in the ER. An abusive cop, rude doctors treating their patients unjustly, residents who wanted to practice intubating a dead baby while grieving parents waited outside, a foreign doctor who grabbed a chart out of my hands as I was giving report to another nurse are just a few examples.

I did not use a gun. I used my words. The bullying, rude or aggressive behavior stopped immediately. I am personally compelled to speak up where others remain silent. That is just me. Right, wrong or indifferent. JMV

Imo HLN knows Taffe's backstory and are willing to wage that against a few complaints. HLN is nothing more than a spin of the National Enquire in video form. I stopped watching long ago. Jmo

ciao

It is also possible, however disgusting, that there are people contacting the news stations in support of having him as a guest.

Dunn's defense did not use Florida's "stand your ground" law in this case.

Which Florida self defense laws do you suggest be revised?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury-day-deliberations-verdict/story?id=22495493

I wrote "Self Defense", not SYG.
Arizona, along with Alaska and Vermont have the most lenient gun laws in the Nation. I can only think of one case in Arizona, where "self defense" has been highly questioned and that involved road rage and an attorney.
If Florida prosecutors can't deliver a case with an outcome of guilty by the jury, something's really wrong. Is it the Florida laws? Is it the Prosecutor's office? Is it the rules governing evidence? Or is it the inexperience of jurors deciding issues involving guns because guns have not been a "acceptable and legal" part of their society until recently?

Carp, I'm just venting.

Now that I am thinking about this incident, it brings a tear to my eye. In my heart of hearts, I know I would do it again. I am usually very courteous, polite and soft spoken. That is until I see acts of injustice and bullies like Dunn. I have spoken out against injustices, directly and indirectly.

Most of the instances have been when I worked in the ER. An abusive cop, rude doctors treating their patients unjustly, residents who wanted to practice intubating a dead baby while grieving parents waited outside, a foreign doctor who grabbed a chart out of my hands as I was giving report to another nurse are just a few examples.

I did not use a gun. I used my words. The bullying, rude or aggressive behavior stopped immediately. I am personally compelled to speak up where others remain silent. That is just me. Right, wrong or indifferent. JMV

I used to be like that.

:(

Taffe a talking head on HLN - consider the source. HLN is newstainment IMO. Asking how they can justify paying him is as useless as asking how they justify paying some of their own featured personalities.

Because the interest is not in furthering facts, the objective is to cover scandalous, salactious stories that offer good pot stirring sound bites. It is most certainly NOT interested in covering stories acurately or adding anything of substance to the national conversation IMO.

I'm jumping in without reading the last 4 pages.

My opinion on what the jury must be up to:

There is at least one holdout who thinks Dunn won self defense. The other jurors said Aw H*ll No and so they plan on hanging on that charge (all the murder charges).

That holdout (or holdouts) are trying to say that it can't be attempted murder against the other kids because it was self defense, so they must want to hang on the attempted murder charges, too. The rest of the jury is trying to convince them that the shooting into the car as it's driving away is a separate thing from the original murder/self-defense question.

But there is just no way that an entire jury could agree on self defense here, imho. I don't have a lot of hope for Florida juries because there are some weird popular views there about what the laws mean for juries in court cases, imho, but surely that can't affect an entire jury in a case this obvious?

(I swear they need to have a required course in high school about respected legal opinion on what juries are supposed to do, not do, listen to, throw out, etc. That would be good everywhere, AAMOF.)

I am one who does believe that race was a factor to Michael Dunn's decision to go totally berserk and start shooting.

I agree that there is no age or race requirement for stupidity...it comes in all colors. The makeup of the jury is what it is and I do think that age and race will totally influence how you think about things. Here to hoping that this jury does what is right.

I don't think race played as big a role as a lot of people. I definitely think it was a factor, but it wasn't the main factor. IMO, the main factor was the mouthing off. I think he was drunk, upset about the wedding, and didn't take :censored: from anyone.

He stayed at the reception for three hours. I think something happened there that set him simmering. He hadn't seen his son in 15 years and was probably only invited because the son felt he "had" to invite him. I'm sure a lot of people were asking him who he was and being surprised when he said he was his father. Especially the brides parents I'd think.

I think a bunch of white or yellow or red kids in a car blaring music and talking back to him would have been in trouble. I think the fact they were black caused him to act a little sooner than he would have otherwise. JMO

Romney Smith ‏@romneysmith 2h
The new black panthers are on mega phones...they're promising 'all hell' if #DunnVerdict is innocent. @ActionNewsJax pic.twitter.com/SYFDFgYwLi

https://twitter.com/romneysmith

I wish the entire community, of all colors, would go and surround them. The black reverend seemed to try to reason with them, but I don't think they can be reasoned with.

I just read a few comments on the last thread from people who said they too are uncomfortable around black teens because crime stats show they do commit the most crimes. I won't quote them & call them out, but if you are one who posted that, pease think more deeply about what you posted.

The fact that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, does not allow one to logically conclude that most African-Americans are criminals. Nor do the FBI statistics actually show that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, the statistics show that they are arrested and convicted the most. The statistics are blind to how the criminal justice system treats black defendants differently than it does whites.

:clap: Thanks was not near enough for that.

The picture today looks about the same as the picture from yesterday: three guys. Maybe one more today. The rest of the folks appear to be media. This is a perfect example of the media hyping that scary black folks are inciting violence or preventing black people from voting. Blech. What incites violence, IMHO, are stupid laws like SYG.

Yep. I think there's only three and the media is focusing on them. The ardent SYG supporters are jumping with joy about this.

It's 6.30pm in the evening here in the UK and I've just got back in from shopping.

Haven't even unpacked my grocerie yet, let alone started cooking dinner ... and I'm straight onto my computer to see if a verdict is in. You can see where my priorities lie. :crazy:

Cannot understand what is taking them so long? As so many have already said I thought this was a slam dunk.

I'm mystified myself.
[modsnip]

Retweeted by Rachel Leitão

scuttlebutt among 4th floor law enforcement is that Sheriff Rutherford is on his way. Could be nothing; all is tea leaves #DunnTrial

I'm jumping in without reading the last 4 pages.

My opinion on what the jury must be up to:

There is at least one holdout who thinks Dunn won self defense. The other jurors said Aw H*ll No and so they plan on hanging on that charge (all the murder charges).

That holdout (or holdouts) are trying to say that it can't be attempted murder against the other kids because it was self defense, so they must want to hang on the attempted murder charges, too. The rest of the jury is trying to convince them that the shooting into the car as it's driving away is a separate thing from the original murder/self-defense question.

But there is just no way that an entire jury could agree on self defense here, imho. I don't have a lot of hope for Florida juries because there are some weird popular views there about what the laws mean for juries in court cases, imho, but surely that can't affect an entire jury in a case this obvious?

(I swear they need to have a required course in high school about respected legal opinion on what juries are supposed to do, not do, listen to, throw out, etc. That would be good everywhere, AAMOF.)
I think there is more than one holdout.

I hope you said something about the comments made about his mother. That's simply not acceptable. IMO

His ex is very confrontational and starts arguments with total strangers, not to mention people she knows (like when she threatened to beat up her own mother). She's a very bad role model. Fortunately, my son has full custody and she can only see my grandson with my son present. IMO, teaching my grandson not to start fights with strangers is very good advice [modsnip]

scuttlebutt among 4th floor law enforcement is that Sheriff Rutherford is on his way. Could be nothing; all is tea leaves #DunnTrial
OMG! Maybe an unpopular verdict!:banghead:

sounds promising.

how many hours of deliberations now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members