GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst will be if there is no verdict today and they come back tomorrow on Jordan's birthday with an inappropriate verdict. :(

I predicted a hung jury on count one, and guilty on all the other counts.

Dunn is not going anywhere.
And the State will re-try Dunn.

Really? I like her demeanor and her intelligence, very much. I really like her sense of integrity and have watched her on many cases. I find her very credible.

I use to think so too. Then one day I saw her on 2 different shows/different channels one after the other and was inconsistent with her facts. jmo

I'm just sick! I think they found NG on the attempted murder charges. They may think he was just aiming for Jordan.

How the holy f@#$ can they be having this problem. Just cause you are drunk and have an irrational fear because someone took issued with you acting like an *advertiser censored*, you don't get to pull out a gun and shoot into a car filled with people!!!!!!!

I'm disgusted.

I just don't think those who wanted to vote G on murder would vote NG on attempted murder.

O'Mara just said, there probably will no be sentencing till the next trial is over and done.

lol....O'Mara walking back now saying he was misinterpreted, now says prob guilty

Why would they find guilty on attempted murder, but hung on guilty of murder. Isn't the only difference that Jordan was actually killed?

Mark O'Mara just retracted his statement and did a 180. Now he thinks the jury found GULITY on the 3 attempted murder & 1 firing a missile charge, but can't agree on the first charge.

Romney Smith ‏@romneysmith 2m
The 'New Black Panthers' are addressing the crowd....their message is toned down compared to their shouting earlier. pic.twitter.com/fiqABZwbbq

It could be just one person who does not understand self-defense. The law really needs some fine tuning because it is being represented that very little actual threat needs to be evident, just that if you feel there is a threat.

If you are in an argument and someone reaches in their pocket for their cell phone to call 911 and the other person thinks they are reaching for a gun they have a reasonable fear for their life....or do they? The defendant is always going to say they were threatened and unless there are witnesses the defendant will say it was self-defense. MD has had too many versions. Wait till the jurors hear these tapes and read the letters. jmo

Florida statutes says this about justifiable use of deadly force.

He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony

Most people would not think it's reasonable to shoot someone who's reaching into their pocket for the very reason you state. It could be a cell phone that their reaching for. MOO.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.012.html

It could be just one person who does not understand self-defense. The law really needs some fine tuning because it is being represented that very little actual threat needs to be evident, just that if you feel there is a threat.

If you are in an argument and someone reaches in their pocket for their cell phone to call 911 and the other person thinks they are reaching for a gun they have a reasonable fear for their life....or do they? The defendant is always going to say they were threatened and unless there are witnesses the defendant will say it was self-defense. MD has had too many versions. Wait till the jurors hear these tapes and read the letters. jmo

I do not disagree. I feel like the way the current laws are being interpreted anyone can claim they were fearful and do whatever they want. It feels as if the burden is on the state to PROVE the person was NOT fearful and that just seems so bizarre to me.

How the heck are juries supposed to know how to interpret the finer points of these laws when they seem to indicate simply saying you were fearful is all it takes to excuse any sort of violent reaction/response you have to any given situation?

I can't imagine that they'd be deadlocked on the murder charge but find Dunn NG on the attempted murder charges because that means at least one side thinks he's guilty of something for killing Jordan. How could you think he was guilty of killing Jordan (on any of the charges) and think he was not guilty of attempted murder of the other passengers in the car, especially considering that Tevin Thompson escaped injury only because the bullets didn't make it all the way through his door, and Tommy Storns barely escaped being shot in the head? This jury is making absolutely no sense!

Mark O'Mara just retracted his statement and did a 180. Now he thinks the jury found GULITY on the 3 attempted murder & 1 firing a missile charge, but can't agree on the first charge.
this is what i think, a compromise verdict. this is why the state throws everything and the kitchen sink at someone in a case like this. The know they'll get something out of it. It's human nature and the dynamics of a jury.

Mark Omara correcting himself --- assumes jury hung on first count; if guilty, can be sentenced on those other counts but may wait for sentencing until after retrial of count 1

O'Mara just said on CNN (paraphrasing) has to be not guilty on other counts because if it was guilty lessers would not pertain

No O'Mara just said he thinks he will be found guilty on those counts.

Oh, thank heavens!

I can't imagine that they'd be deadlocked on the murder charge but find Dunn NG on the attempted murder charges because that means at least one side thinks he's guilty of something for killing Jordan. How could you think he was guilty of killing Jordan (on any of the charges) and think he was not guilty of attempted murder of the other passengers in the car, especially considering that Tevin Thompson escaped injury only because the bullets didn't make it all the way through his door, and Tommy Storns barely escaped being shot in the head? This jury is making absolutely no sense!

I think it's G on the other four charges as well. As you said I can't imagine those who wanted to find MD guilty of 1st degree murder would say NG on attempted murder.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
If jurors take this seriously, it may still be awhile before we get verdict. #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Each juror now get to explain the weakness of their own argument. Other jurors told not to interrupt each other. #dunntrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute