GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He makes a point, on the recorded phone call, that he never drives drunk except for that one time when he was a kid. :rolleyes:

Sure. IMO, he was quite intoxicated for fleeing the scene and then ordering pizza. :facepalm:

What stuck with me was the part where she said "race was NEVER brought up in our deliberations." It was NEVER a Black vs. White thing. So to me, that is the prosecution's fault because they framed the case in a way where the jury did not see, IMO, the truth of the matter.

I don't know what the laws are in Florida, but I remember in Arizona during the Richard Chrisman case (White cop shot a Hispanic male), Juan Martinez definately portrayed the viewpoint that Chrisman was basically racist towards minorities. So I believe that it can be done within the law (to convey that during a trial).

I am not sure if that would fly in FL. Not, after TM/GZ. :moo:

The fact that he kept shooting, fled the scene should of been enough to convict him with M1.

He makes a point, on the recorded phone call, that he never drives drunk except for that one time when he was a kid. :rolleyes:

But he wasn't drunk and only had a couple drinks at lunch :violin:

Thank you to those who posted the link to the full call between MD's son and MD ( http://www.news4jax.com/news/chris-...jail/-/475880/24584584/-/t71b5iz/-/index.html ), though in the second breath, I'll say that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I've listened to nearly every call released between MD and his family or friends. I have yet to hear any contrition or concern about having taken a life. It's consistently "well I killed one but I was being attacked". If there had been even just one indication of him being upset that he'd taken a life, that someone had died, justified or not, I'd have felt better. Not even looking for a declaration of guilt, just some emotion at having taken the life of another human being. He's so emotionally flat, in this and in every recording I've listened to (even the police interviews).

Early in the recording I heard Dunn regretting that this had taken away his jobs with HP, Xerox, and a 3rd IT company I can't remember, leaving him just the IT job with his dad's company. These sound like IT freelance or project jobs versus FT employment, but yes, apparently he did do some work for HP.

Has worked for his dad through multiple businesses (I'm guessing much of his life) first when his dad had a commercial fishing business, and then with this software company.

Now I'm not at all surprised he ever spoke to the cops without an attorney present. This call affirms the same opinion I've had from every call I've heard. He is a know-it-all who's considers himself an expert in everything he's associated with. IT people often deeply research everything that they get interested in, so I'm not surprised by the level of detail. I do note that the experiences he relates are the data points, not the emotional experiences. Example from this call, fishermen and former fisherman I have known all know and love to talk about the specs of their boats, but they also talk about the grueling work and the pleasure of a good days' catch, and of the beauty of the open water. Dunn was all about the technical aspects, none of the emotional ones.

Now I'm more curious regarding how he spent his time at the hotel after the killing, and at home the following day (can't recall how much time he had at home before the cops arrested him). If he have a laptop with him in the hotel, he's the kind of person who'd be re-reviewing and clarifying the details of the self-defense gun laws in Florida - I'd be curious whether there was any post killing activity on his personal computer(s). Of course, this is also the kind of person who knows all the gun laws for at least the state he's in, probably for all the states he's lived in, so he'd not really need to refresh that knowledge much. He'd know exactly what to say, and the time between the killing and the arrest gave him ample time to sober up and to analyze the best way to describe his justification to others (i.e. the police).

Thank you to those who posted the link to the full call between MD's son and MD ( http://www.news4jax.com/news/chris-...jail/-/475880/24584584/-/t71b5iz/-/index.html ), though in the second breath, I'll say that's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I've listened to nearly every call released between MD and his family or friends. I have yet to hear any contrition or concern about having taken a life. It's consistently "well I killed one but I was being attacked". If there had been even just one indication of him being upset that he'd taken a life, that someone had died, justified or not, I'd have felt better. Not even looking for a declaration of guilt, just some emotion at having taken the life of another human being. He's so emotionally flat, in this and in every recording I've listened to (even the police interviews).

Early in the recording I heard Dunn regretting that this had taken away his jobs with HP, Xerox, and a 3rd IT company I can't remember, leaving him just the IT job with his dad's company. These sound like IT freelance or project jobs versus FT employment, but yes, apparently he did do some work for HP.

Has worked for his dad through multiple businesses (I'm guessing much of his life) first when his dad had a commercial fishing business, and then with this software company.

Now I'm not at all surprised he ever spoke to the cops without an attorney present. This call affirms the same opinion I've had from every call I've heard. He is a know-it-all who's considers himself an expert in everything he's associated with. IT people often deeply research everything that they get interested in, so I'm not surprised by the level of detail. I do note that the experiences he relates are the data points, not the emotional experiences. Example from this call, fishermen and former fisherman I have known all know and love to talk about the specs of their boats, but they also talk about the grueling work and the pleasure of a good days' catch, and of the beauty of the open water. Dunn was all about the technical aspects, none of the emotional ones.

Now I'm more curious regarding how he spent his time at the hotel after the killing, and at home the following day (can't recall how much time he had at home before the cops arrested him). If he have a laptop with him in the hotel, he's the kind of person who'd be re-reviewing and clarifying the details of the self-defense gun laws in Florida - I'd be curious whether there was any post killing activity on his personal computer(s). Of course, this is also the kind of person who knows all the gun laws for at least the state he's in, probably for all the states he's lived in, so he'd not really need to refresh that knowledge much. He'd know exactly what to say, and the time between the killing and the arrest gave him ample time to sober up and to analyze the best way to describe his justification to others (i.e. the police).

JaxFlagirl..that is a very good recap of his mental state...you have got his number for sure....I would agree that he would be searching the exact language for defense and SYG just as he had the news on to see exactly how much damage he had done.

I really don't understand how the jury could come to this decision. I fell that I am a very fair person, I give the benefit of the doubt. I looked at this from both sides and not once, not for a scintilla of a moment did I think that maybe, just maybe MD was justified. He was not, nope NOT. I know I am close to this case personally but I never once had my blinders on.

I send up prayers for Ron and Lucy and I request that you all do the same. These are wonderful people, I know them both personally. Please send strength and light to both of them. They need it.

I really don't understand how the jury could come to this decision. I fell that I am a very fair person, I give the benefit of the doubt. I looked at this from both sides and not once, not for a scintilla of a moment did I think that maybe, just maybe MD was justified. He was not, nope NOT. I know I am close to this case personally but I never once had my blinders on.

I send up prayers for Ron and Lucy and I request that you all do the same. These are wonderful people, I know them both personally. Please send strength and light to both of them. They need it.

They do both seem like such amazing people. I can't even tell you how much my heart was breaking when Ron Davis was called to the stand to testify for the defense. It's so sad what happened.

CBS reports that Ron Davis wants to be put on Michael Dunn's visitor list. He wants to try to see if he can make him understand what he did. My guess that MD will not have the courage to go face to face with the father of the boy he murdered.

BBM

When you are so close to a case it's often hard to be impartial, but this was a slam dunk, well it was supposed to be. :banghead:

MD might not care to see Ron because he doesn't give a rat's arse about killing his son. On the other hand, he seems determined to convince everybody that he is innocent, and may be arrogant enough to try it on Ron.

I posted before that the main problem with the State's case, imo, was that Tommy Stornes was a convicted felon out after probation curfew with no intention of going home any time soon and a good motive to ditch a gun. Also, it's been pointed out that the prosecution didn't try to say who Jordan was. I believe that's because they couldn't without opening the door. The motion in limine about Tommy Stornes is consistent with this. I can see how there was a reasonable doubt as to self-defense wrt Jordan. Someone posted in response to my question recently that Jordan was living with his father in Florida, but grew up in Marietta. And I understand his mother still lives in the ATL. I assume they're divorced and that the mom had primary physical (my apologies if that's incorrect). So I'm also wondering why he was living with his dad and why he was hanging out with a convicted criminal. jmo

MD might not care to see Ron because he doesn't give a rat's arse about killing his son. On the other hand, he seems determined to convince everybody that he is innocent, and may be arrogant enough to try it on Ron.

Personally, I think he's a narcissistic psychopath and that JD's father would be banging his head against a brick wall.

I apologize if this link has been posted before. I don't think Tommy Stornes is a hardened, gun-toting type even though he is a "convicted criminal". He seemed genuinely remorseful for his first time offense, and you have to admit that he comes across as being very honest. Hopefully some jurors will share their opinions with the State prosecutors.

http://avenuesdeercreek.firstcoastnews.com/news/crime/18-year-old-arrested-stealing-6-cars/56665

18-year old Arrested for Stealing from 6 Cars
Submitted by Rachel Leitao, First Coast News Staff
Wednesday, July 13th, 2011, 9:38am
Topics: Crime
Share on printPrint Share on emailE-mail
18-year old Arrested for Stealing from 6 CarsTommie Stornes

Tommie Stornes Jr. was arrested Tuesday after witnesses reported seeing him load stolen goods into a vehicle and police found stolen property in his car.

Police were called to the Avistele Apartments on Creekfront Road where witnesses said they saw Stornes, 18, loading up a speaker box and two subwoofers into a Dodge Durango, according to a Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office report. They also saw him go into a vehicle and take a car battery.

Police located the Durango and arrested Stornes, who said someone told him how easy it was to get into cars, according to JSO. He told police he tried to get in 30 cars and was able to get into six.

He showed police where he had dumped the stolen property, the report said. Stornes also told police he had never done anything like this and was having a difficult time dealing with his father's death.

Police said he admitted it and apologized to the victims in a written statement, which said he would never do something like this again.

Other items police found included credit cards, an iPod, a backpack, a camera and several wallets.

I posted before that the main problem with the State's case, imo, was that Tommy Stornes was a convicted felon out after probation curfew with no intention of going home any time soon and a good motive to ditch a gun. Also, it's been pointed out that the prosecution didn't try to say who Jordan was. I believe that's because they couldn't without opening the door. The motion in limine about Tommy Stornes is consistent with this. I can see how there was a reasonable doubt as to self-defense wrt Jordan. Someone posted in response to my question recently that Jordan was living with his father in Florida, but grew up in Marietta. And I understand his mother still lives in the ATL. I assume they're divorced and that the mom had primary physical (my apologies if that's incorrect). So I'm also wondering why he was living with his dad and why he was hanging out with a convicted criminal. jmo

Yes that is my understanding of the situation with his parents. It is rather ironic as it is about the same as Trayvon Martin. There is not much known about the last year or two before this happened but I do remember the mother saying something about some rough times lately with Jordan..I'm sure just like Trayvon he was no saint. I think the group he was with that night was maybe a new crowd that he met when he moved in with his dad?? Divorce is tough on any kid but especially at that age with dad in another state.

Yes that is my understanding of the situation with his parents. It is rather ironic as it is about the same as Trayvon Martin. There is not much known about the last year or two before this happened but I do remember the mother saying something about some rough times lately with Jordan..I'm sure just like Trayvon he was no saint. I think the group he was with that night was maybe a new crowd that he met when he moved in with his dad?? Divorce is tough on any kid but especially at that age with dad in another state.

Yeah. I don't know for sure that's what happened here, but it does seem like he became too much for mom to handle and fell in with the wrong crowd at dad's. jmo

Yeah. I don't know for sure that's what happened here, but it does seem like he became too much for mom to handle and fell in with the wrong crowd at dad's. jmo

The mom said that Jordan has started falling behind in school and going through a rough time so she sent him to live with dad. There he turned it around, started making better grades and planned on going into the military. Whatever it was, I never got the impression that it was anything out of control. If there was anything disciplinary or criminal in his background I'm sure some Dunn supporter would have found it by now. He didn't even have any drugs or alcohol in his system that night. I'm not one to judge when a young teen goes through a rough patch. Seems fairly common. The same thing happened to my twin brother. He is a very smart kid but in high school sort of starting running with a rough crowd and acting and dressing different. Typical teen peer pressure stuff. His grades started going south and he was always in trouble and skipping school. He's now a straight a student at Texas A&M on a scholarship working on his bachelors in nuclear physics. He grew up. I also have gotten the impression that Jordan didn't know Tommie very long and wasn't that close to him and only knew him through Tevin, who he also hadn't known long. Tommie wasn't at his dad's the day the boys went to talk with him, he wasn't at the memorial and he wasn't there during closing arguments. They were just hanging out. It's not automatically guilt by association.

The mom said that Jordan has started falling behind in school and going through a rough time so she sent him to live with dad. There he turned it around, started making better grades and planned on going into the military. Whatever it was, I never got the impression that it was anything out of control. If there was anything disciplinary or criminal in his background I'm sure some Dunn supporter would have found it by now. He didn't even have any drugs or alcohol in his system that night. I'm not one to judge when a young teen goes through a rough patch. Seems fairly common. The same thing happened to my twin brother. He is a very smart kid but in high school sort of starting running with a rough crowd and acting and dressing different. Typical teen peer pressure stuff. His grades started going south and he was always in trouble and skipping school. He's now a straight a student at Texas A&M on a scholarship working on his bachelors in nuclear physics. He grew up. I also have gotten the impression that Jordan didn't know Tommie very long and wasn't that close to him and only knew him through Tevin, who he also hadn't known long. Tommie wasn't at his dad's the day the boys went to talk with him, he wasn't at the memorial and he wasn't there during closing arguments. They were just hanging out. It's not automatically guilt by association.

idk, I get the problem child stuff, as I have one. But she couldn't find an adult convicted felon to hang out with on her best day. How does that even happen?

idk, I get the problem child stuff, as I have one. But she couldn't find an adult convicted felon to hang out with on her best day. How does that even happen?

Like I said, it was through a friend. He was probably the one with the car, you know? It's just not that big of a deal to me. As someone else, pointed out, it was a one time thing, Tommie apologized and he got it together. He hardly seems like a hardened criminal. Dunn wasn't exactly a saint either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat