GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS reports that Ron Davis wants to be put on Michael Dunn's visitor list. He wants to try to see if he can make him understand what he did. My guess that MD will not have the courage to go face to face with the father of the boy he murdered.

I think he's a sociopath. I bet he will see him and try to convince him that it was self defense!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said, it was through a friend. He was probably the one with the car, you know? It's just not that big of a deal to me. As someone else, pointed out, it was a one time thing, Tommie apologized and he got it together. He hardly seems like a hardened criminal. Dunn wasn't exactly a saint either.

I would want to know the relationship between the two and how it came about and how long. If you move to Fla to get your chit together and, within a short period of time start hanging out with someone like Stornes, it's a problem. I think any parent would agree. If it was a one time deal, did the State say so? I didn't hear that, but I didn't listen to the trial. Just the posts here. If not, why not? I think that would be a big point. jmo

I would want to know the relationship between the two and how it came about and how long. If you move to Fla to get your chit together and, within a short period of time start hanging out with someone like Stornes, it's a problem. I think any parent would agree. If it was a one time deal, did the State say so? I didn't hear that, but I didn't listen to the trial. Just the posts here. If not, why not? I think that would be a big point. jmo

The defense actually did ask Tommie how many times he and Jordan had hung out. That night was only the second night. They hardly knew each other. He hadn't known Tevin long either. The only one who he seemed close to was Leland Brunson. They were best friends. If you're curious how each boy knew each other and how long and through who it was asked of all them during their testimony, which you can find on youtube.

As for the rest, the state didn't mention any of it and neither did the defense because Tommie wasn't the one on trial. It's totally irrelevant to the case. Or there was simply nothing to ask about. I'd wager the jury didn't even consider Tommie's history when deliberating. It makes no difference. And it doesn't make Jordan a bad kid.

Both Dunn and his son had some legal issues in the past, too, if I heard correctly on the jailhouse visit video. I'm not sure why TS would be considered a bad influence because people do make mistakes. Dunn for DUI and he would still drink and drive. We know he did drink at the wedding and drove afterwards even though he says he never does that.

Is it possible that Dunn mistakenly thought JD's door was opened when it was, in fact, Tommy's door that was opened. Or that the word "killer" which was in the rap song was being sung by TS as he entered the car (TS did say he was dancing before entering the car so was he singing, too). What MD might have heard was a car door open (by TS) and he assumed it was JD and he heard "killer" and assumed it was JD saying it. It is possible. We know by Dunn's own admission that he could not open his door because he was parked too close to the SUV but wants us to believe JD fully opened his door and got out. Is it also possible with the lighting at the Gate that what MD thought was a gun barrel was actually light bouncing off of JD's cell phone since cell phones are about 4 inches in length?

Could this have happened because MD was drinking and did not process what was actually happening and was only focused on the fact that JD was being disrespectful and panicked when he heard a door open? jmo

idk, I get the problem child stuff, as I have one. But she couldn't find an adult convicted felon to hang out with on her best day. How does that even happen?

I think it naive to think that any of our kids could not have hopped in a car with someone with a record. I don't think kids run a "rap sheet" on each other before they get in. Storns had access to a nice big car with "subwolfers" and they were out crusing. I can't fault parentlng here . I think you can find young people with records anywhere anytime. I am thankful there were no drugs or alchohol involved or found in the car. The truth is the one person in the car that really engaged MD was Jordan...Storns was not even in the car.

Both Dunn and his son had some legal issues in the past, too, if I heard correctly on the jailhouse visit video. I'm not sure why TS would be considered a bad influence because people do make mistakes. Dunn for DUI and he would still drink and drive. We know he did drink at the wedding and drove afterwards even though he says he never does that.

Is it possible that Dunn mistakenly thought JD's door was opened when it was, in fact, Tommy's door that was opened. Or that the word "killer" which was in the rap song was being sung by TS as he entered the car (TS did say he was dancing before entering the car so was he singing, too). What MD might have heard was a car door open (by TS) and he assumed it was JD and he heard "killer" and assumed it was JD saying it. It is possible. We know by Dunn's own admission that he could not open his door because he was parked too close to the SUV but wants us to believe JD fully opened his door and got out. Is it also possible with the lighting at the Gate that what MD thought was a gun barrel was actually light bouncing off of JD's cell phone since cell phones are about 4 inches in length?

Could this have happened because MD was drinking and did not process what was actually happening and was only focused on the fact that JD was being disrespectful and panicked when he heard a door open? jmo

And with at least 5 other parking spots in the lot he pulls up next to a car that maybe in not parked straight so that the two cars are way too close. Nothing about MD's behavior that night makes sense.

And with at least 5 other parking spots in the lot he pulls up next to a car that maybe in not parked straight so that the two cars are way too close. Nothing about MD's behavior that night makes sense.

I believe MD pulled in so close to the SUV to let RR get out. Isn't there a grassy area beside the front walk that separates the walk from the parking area. I don't think he wanted her to step out into the grassy area so he may have parked closer to the driver's side of the white line than normal. That is why he said he could not open his door.

Nothing with MD makes sense because when you are drinking your reasoning is impaired. I also think MD lied about the shots poured for his drinks. The liquor was brought to the wedding by the bridal party and it was served by a private bartender, not the restaurant. I can't see a bartender who is working for tips not giving a full shot per drink. I believe they took half of it home but that is no indication that MD was drinking a watered down drink. Bartenders depend on their tips regardless of whether or not they are paid by the hour. jmo

CBS reports that Ron Davis wants to be put on Michael Dunn's visitor list. He wants to try to see if he can make him understand what he did. My guess that MD will not have the courage to go face to face with the father of the boy he murdered.

I agree. He does not have "liquid courage" in prison.

He's a wimp and believes he is the victim. I don't know if he will ever admit that he has destroyed so many lives.

I don't get the Tommy Stornes argument. He isn't JD, and the other two don't have records. Tommy Stornes is just the guy racists can hang their hats on. JMO

And, alot of teenagers commit theft and get caught and learn their lesson.

It has nothing to do with race, or having guns. He did not rob people at gunpoint, did he?

The only person who had a gun here, was Michael Dunn.

I believe MD pulled in so close to the SUV to let RR get out. Isn't there a grassy area beside the front walk that separates the walk from the parking area. I don't think he wanted her to step out into the grassy area so he may have parked closer to the driver's side of the white line than normal. That is why he said he could not open his door.

Nothing with MD makes sense because when you are drinking your reasoning is impaired. I also think MD lied about the shots poured for his drinks. The liquor was brought to the wedding by the bridal party and it was served by a private bartender, not the restaurant. I can't see a bartender who is working for tips not giving a full shot per drink. I believe they took half of it home but that is no indication that MD was drinking a watered down drink. Bartenders depend on their tips regardless of whether or not they are paid by the hour. jmo

Lambchop...true on the drinks...but the son said something about spending A$150.00 on liquor....there were about 40-50 people at the wedding and they brought half of it home????? That does not even make sense...

BBM ~ :seeya: Yes. MD overreacted out of pent up anger/stress + booze.

He should of called a cab that night. He had extremely poor judgement and should at least admit to that.

I don't think Dunn was fearful until he realized that he had shot up a car full of teenagers. IMO, Dunn's actions were governed by anger and recklessness. Then when he realized that he could have killed or seriously injured someone, he went into self-preservation mode, high-tailed it out of the parking lot, kept checking his phone for info and when he found out he'd killed a kid he started working on his story and hurried home.

My original thinking, and i continue to have this thought now, is that the only way there could have been a 100 dollar charge and they took half of it home - was that the only thing the bride and groom purchased to drink for everyone was champagne for the toast. I believe everything else was ordered individually from the bar. The numbers just don't add up with that many people otherwise. Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I probably missed something in this thinking...but I believe what was meant is Tommy gives racists something to point directly to as being a reason to get out of there and with his record he "must" have a gun...so this is all okay because one has a record...and if you are black you probably have a record...etc etc..i do think defense used Tommy no doubt. I don't see where this is anything other than supporting the victim.

I don't think Dunn was fearful until he realized that he had shot up a car full of teenagers. IMO, Dunn's actions were governed by anger and recklessness. Then when he realized that he could have killed or seriously injured someone, he went into self-preservation mode, high-tailed it out of the parking lot, kept checking his phone for info and when he found out he'd killed a kid he started working on his story and hurried home.

I think he thought he pretty much got away...when he realized one had died the stakes got much higher but I believe the sequence of events indicates he made no moves to turn himself in until they were at the door...all other stories about contacted his friend etc. were bogus. I wonder why that "friend" who works for the dept. of ag was not called to verify the phone call that rr heard where he told the guy not going to the b and b because RR does not feel good. he never asked to meet with the guy. And if there was so much"self defense" why run?????

I think he thought he pretty much got away...when he realized one had died the stakes got much higher but I believe the sequence of events indicates he made no moves to turn himself in until they were at the door...all other stories about contacted his friend etc. were bogus. I wonder why that "friend" who works for the dept. of ag was not called to verify the phone call that rr heard where he told the guy not going to the b and b because RR does not feel good. he never asked to meet with the guy. And if there was so much"self defense" why run?????

BBM ~ I just firmly believe if you are "defending" yourself; you will try to escape and call LE immediately.

This is why JA and MD's self-defense claims don't hold water, imo.

My original thinking, and i continue to have this thought now, is that the only way there could have been a 100 dollar charge and they took half of it home - was that the only thing the bride and groom purchased to drink for everyone was champagne for the toast. I believe everything else was ordered individually from the bar. The numbers just don't add up with that many people otherwise. Moo

I'd like to see the wedding bill and get the bartenders as witnesses.

Regardless, isn't it legal in Florida to carry "Under the Influence" for "self-defense"?
Therefore it would not be considered illegal to shoot while under the influence in fear for your life? If so, that law should be revised.

I wish the prosecution would of stressed more on the alcohol consumption prior to this negligent, avoidable incident.

I believe CD said they purchased the liquor for the wedding. From what we can see in the pictures it appears the majority of the wedding guests were family, older and may not drink much. It's not uncommon for people to only have one drink at a wedding or none. It could be because they are responsible drinkers or they just do not drink. At my grandson's wedding there was only wine, no liquor because he knew no one drank mixed drinks so it was a waste of money to pay a bartender. It depends on the family. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties