GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the son is bored stiff...he just goes on and on all about himself...typical personality of this kind of person...hum...Rhonda can't come because of the panic attacks...my opinion is she knew right away this guy was guilty...this explains the condition on the stand...son is just like dad blames everything on everyone else.

In a nearly two hour visit in the Duval County jail, Michael Dunn tells his son: "I'm not a monster. It's important to me that you know that."

The reason why it's kind of useful to keep in touch with your children so when you get arrested for murder they'll know that you're a nice person from experience and not just because you say so.

Juror 8 on CNN. She's the youngest and black. She thinks Dunn's a "good guy" who didn't go around wanting to kill people. Wanted 2nd degree. They prayed in the jury room.

SMH

What stuck with me was the part where she said "race was NEVER brought up in our deliberations." It was NEVER a Black vs. White thing. So to me, that is the prosecution's fault because they framed the case in a way where the jury did not see, IMO, the truth of the matter.

I don't know what the laws are in Florida, but I remember in Arizona during the Richard Chrisman case (White cop shot a Hispanic male), Juan Martinez definately portrayed the viewpoint that Chrisman was basically racist towards minorities. So I believe that it can be done within the law (to convey that during a trial).

I think this is a perfect example as to why people do not understand premeditation. What she is saying is correct. MD was not looking to kill someone that night but he did lose control and took his anger out on everyone in the SUV. jmo

Good point.

Well juror No. 8 was interesting...MD is a good guy....no race involved. If this was one for murder 2 I am not sure I even want to see the three that went for self defense. And Jordan's parents are so composed and I think they are on two missions...one to get MD convicted and the second and very important one of getting Florida's self defense and stand you ground laws reformed. I am confident they will succeed at both. After seeing two jurors so far maybe a change of venue would be a good idea? It must be very difficult for the parents to hear her say some of the things she did tonight...naive does not begin to describe this juror. It is a big big load for a 21 year old.

And interesting that they picked a Black female who is so YOUNG. I am sure older Black people would view the case very differently.

And interesting that they picked a Black female who is so YOUNG. I am sure older Black people would view the case very differently.

She must have lead a very sheltered life, IMHO. I'd also like to know why there was not a single AA male. All the males were white, except for one listed as white/Hispanic.

After suffering through the entire call, I just don't get how his estranged son bought into the story so quickly.

How many times did we hear MD say he couldn't talk about the case and then went on to try his story out on him. He did this in a lot of his calls and his letters, especially the Black Friday letter.

For some strange reason, he reminds me of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. If he clicks his heels and keeps repeating, "It was a living nightmare," he will be totally exonerated and go home to his beloved Rhonda and pick up his life where he left off. Only he doesn't have those magic ruby shoes.

Let's hope the next jury doesn't buy into his over-practiced rhetoric and finished the job.

I sat on my hands when the verdicts came in. Hearing Dunn claim he's a victim, and reading a portion of the letter Dunn wrote to his daughter (paraphrasing) when threatened more people should kill these f idiots, they may take the hint and change their behavior. Good luck in the state penitentiary, more harsh than county jail. He will be the one who's behavior will change. Maybe cry himself to sleep every night. Jmo

ciao

If I would this son I would distance myself from this creep just as he has done with his son for the son's entire life. He is recruiting people to testify at bond hearing...wonder how many really showed up??? Apparently not enough as he did not get bond. So far this is pathetic listening...MD thinks he is SO superior. Again the reference to "daddy" who set him up in a job and is stilling setting him up now in this deal.

I think it just shows the son is a bigger person. He's able to forgive his father for the chasm the father created in their lives.

She must have lead a very sheltered life, IMHO. I'd also like to know why there was not a single AA male. All the males were white, except for one listed as white/Hispanic.

Hopefully that will change with the next jury as well as a different prosecutor.

After suffering through the entire call, I just don't get how his estranged son bought into the story so quickly.

How many times did we hear MD say he couldn't talk about the case and then went on to try his story out on him. He did this in a lot of his calls and his letters, especially the Black Friday letter.

For some strange reason, he reminds me of Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. If he clicks his heels and keeps repeating, "It was a living nightmare," he will be totally exonerated and go home to his beloved Rhonda and pick up his life where he left off. Only he doesn't have those magic ruby shoes.

Let's hope the next jury doesn't buy into his over-practiced rhetoric and finished the job.

I'm not sure his son bought it. Nobody wants to believe their father is a cold blooded killer, if he did.

I would really like to hear from RR. He says in the phone call RR helps him with his problem with spending. If he has money he wants to spend it. He says he is terrible with money. I think he is letting son know my pockets are empty. He probably relied on parents all his life, sounds like the parents didn't even want him to write software but they let him do it once. It has not been rewritten in 13 yrs. He keeps trying to sell his son on a job but also states why rewrite when no one is buying it. OK so he is pushing his son to be a salesman for the company but no one is buying it. Doesn't make sense to me. I bet the son thought well I gotta go I am cold and Cinder is sick.

One more suggestion for the prosecution in the retrial.

Do not use more than two prosecutors. It makes the presentation disjointed and may suggest conscious or unconscious thoughts of "that poor man with just one attorney fighting against the big bad state with all those lawyers and their support staff".

JMO, of course.

I am trying really hard to listen to this 2 hour phone call. But, his voice is really getting to me. I can't take it.

I am trying really hard to listen to this 2 hour phone call. But, his voice is really getting to me. I can't take it.

It's bad enough reading his letters. No way I can handle a 2 hour phone call. Thank you to those who did and updated us.

MD has the worst wimpy, whiny, high pitched, nasal voice with overtones of dripping arrogance. It matches the pouty, turned downed mouth and the condescending look on his face.

I better give myself a slap, I'm not usually this critical. lol

okay son does not know who Ernest Hemingway is. I am listening to this tape...even at 17 he did not have friends...used his dad's attorney;s son as best man. Nothing has changed. Please does anyone know anything about that bond hearing...how many showed up? All of these banter with the son is so the son will show up at the bond hearing...nothing more. So bogus.

cinder has a 104 fever and does not go to the doctor? son does not sound too smart..then MD says "you are quiet over there" I think quiet = bored stiff and not interested in one thing MD is saying...not sure why this guy is even listening to MD...guess he really wants a dad...wrong number Chris.

I am so struck by how similar Chris is to his dad...especially considering how little he has been around him...something in those Dunn genes. So apparently people can get tatoos in jail????

I am so struck by how similar Chris is to his dad...especially considering how little he has been around him...something in those Dunn genes. So apparently people can get tatoos in jail????

They are very crude. They're done by other inmates on other inmates. Most look really awful. I guess prison is very, very boring.

for those that listened to this tape with son...guess the "neuro linguistics" backfired for Mikey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr