GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/11/michael-dunn-retrial-jordan-davis/15459347/

The high-profile retrial of the man accused of killing a 17-year-old when he opened fire on a SUV filled with teens will stay in Jacksonville, Fla., for now, a judge ruled Thursday...

Duval County Circuit Court Judge Russell Healey said he will rule on any move after jury selection begins Sept. 22. The judge did, however, agree to keep jurors sequestered during Dunn's retrial as they were during the original trial.

Jury selection begins today. Hoping for justice this time.

Once testimony begins, prosecutors are expect to call many of the same witnesses: the other three teenagers in the car, Gate employees, police officers and the medical examiner.

The defense is led by a new, court-appointed attorney, Waffa Hanania, and there are new names on the list of witnesses who could be called to testify on behalf of Dunn.

Levar Floyd, who was locked up in the Duval County jail at the same time as Dunn, may be called for the defense.

Another name on the defense testimony list is Trey Brunson, assistant pastor at First Baptist Church. There's no indication of how he is connected to Dunn or why he might be called.

(snip)

A pool of potential jurors will report the Duval County Courthouse Monday morning to begin the process. Healey has banned news cameras from the courtroom during jury selection, but reporters will be allowed to observe the process.

(snip)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michael-dunn-facing-second-murder-trial/28179058

I have a co-worker who was called to Duval County Jury Duty today, though he doubts he'd be called to this jury.

Some new potential witnesses for the defense this time.
Local news article on the retrial:
Levar Floyd, who was locked up in the Duval County jail at the same time as Dunn, may be called for the defense. Another name on the defense testimony list is Trey Brunson, assistant pastor at First Baptist Church. There's no indication of how he is connected to Dunn or why he might be called.
Court observers do expect Dunn to testify again...

Once testimony begins, prosecutors are expect to call many of the same witnesses: the other three teenagers in the car, Gate employees, police officers and the medical examiner.

The defense is led by a new, court-appointed attorney, Waffa Hanania, and there are new names on the list of witnesses who could be called to testify on behalf of Dunn.

Levar Floyd, who was locked up in the Duval County jail at the same time as Dunn, may be called for the defense.

Another name on the defense testimony list is Trey Brunson, assistant pastor at First Baptist Church. There's no indication of how he is connected to Dunn or why he might be called.

(snip)

A pool of potential jurors will report the Duval County Courthouse Monday morning to begin the process. Healey has banned news cameras from the courtroom during jury selection, but reporters will be allowed to observe the process.

(snip)

Might Trey Brunson be related to Leland Brunson?

Will the prosecutors be the same? Kind of hoping we get better attorneys this time on behalf of the state.

Do we have a new thread for the retrial? IIRC, jury selection begins today. Do we know if it will be televised?

Hey MeeBee! Are they just doing jury selection today?

There was a rally outside the courthouse and MD lawyer wanted a change of venue.

More than 100 potential jurors
Seems that several jurors know people involved in case, including MD. A correctional officer no doubt.

The unexcused jurors just finished filling out their paperwork about themselves.

Judge Healey asks potential jurors if they know anyone on the witness lists.

I can't copy tweets from my iPad so I am paraphrasing Hailey Winslow's tweets from the courtroom.

Tweet from Hailey Winslow (@WJXTHailey)

Hailey Winslow (@WJXTHailey) tweeted at 8:04am - 22 Sep 14:

Juror #33 (Correctional Officer) says he knows #MichaelDunn. 2nd potential juror knows ASA Erin Wolfson. 3rd juror knows State Atty Corey. (https://twitter.com/WJXTHailey/status/514067616210886656)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't copy tweets from my iPad so I am paraphrasing Hailey Winslow's tweets from the courtroom.

Just click on the tweet, then press on it, a copy button will appear and it will copy the whole tweet. Come back here, hold your finger down and select the paste button. I hth!!!!

Zuri,

I click on the three horizontal dots, and select "Email Tweet"

Then, I copy & paste everything that I need to bring over to the thread for a post (the tweet, URL, etc.) from that new email tab/window. I save the draft but you can delete it if you want to. I'm pretty sure you don't even need a twitter account to utilize this feature. ;)

It should work for iPad and iPhone.
HTH.... :)

:seeya:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics