GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They convicted of attempted murder because the threat was gone and he was now pursuing them.

The juror pretty much said what I expected: that they couldn't decide between self defense and murder but agreed him continuing to shoot at a fleeing car "crossed the line."

She also said that she felt that he should have just backed out and moved over a space.

from what I understand the vote was 9-3 on count one and the three went for the self defense...I am stunned...so consider Jordan Davis had been alone in a car Dunn would have walked after murdering him...I just dont know how those jurors could have sat there that close to this vile creature and not picked up on his lies...I'm sorry but I have to wonder about the jury's intelligence level.

I don't think Dunn and Rhonda will be together to much longer. There are a lot of women out there that actually like hooking up (so to speak) with guys in prison and I am sure he has probably gotten his share of letters by now. Plus, just listen to the whining on the taped phone calls, by both of them...that will get old soon.

on all the other stuff, I think we live in very scary times. Besides the passive racism that has become palpable at times...people are becoming ruder, aggressive and hateful in just everyday life with each other. Add guns and a new found "Holier than thou" religious attitude...a "I've got mine, now leave me alone and get off my lawn or I shoot" attitude by some baby boomers, and a fear of EVERYTHING because you just know "they" are coming after YOU! Mix in some stirred up anger from the far right, the far left, CNN, FOX News, and MSNBC. You got the perfect mix for a very screwed up and dangerous society.

our hope is our children. But sadly it won't be hope long lived if we allow the angry old guys with guns, very powerful guns with hollowed tips designed to do max damage to a young persons body, who then laugh on a witness stand and make a mockery of a young mans life gone too soon. Too sad to go on...can only smh in sorrow, shame, disgust

::heartbeat:. Rest in sweet peace Jordan...you cannot be hurt anymore.

She also said that she felt that he should have just backed out and moved over a space.

My good buddy is an LEO, and a huge supporter of the 2nd Amendment and responsible civilians being armed to defend themselves.
He tells me Dunn basically did EVERYTHING wrong. He was carrying while drinking, he instigated the confrontation, fired at an unarmed person seated in a vehicle, fired at a fleeing vehicle, fled the scene, and talked to the police without an atty present.

:banghead:

He said the rule of thumb if you carry a gun, is the only altercation you can get into is a gunfight (meaning you can't go around starting arguements that might escalate into a physical confrontation).

Oh, and don't take your guns out drinking:facepalm:.

My good buddy is an LEO, and a huge supporter of the 2nd Amendment and responsible civilians being armed to defend themselves.
He tells me Dunn basically did EVERYTHING wrong. He was carrying while drinking, he instigated the confrontation, fired at an unarmed person seated in a vehicle, fired at a fleeing vehicle, fled the scene, and talked to the police without an atty present.

He said the rule of thumb if you carry a gun, is the only altercation you can get into is a gunfight (meaning you can't go around starting arguements that might escalate into a physical confrontation).

It reminds me of when me and my little sister were younger and we shared a room. We used to have to clean our rooms together and we would get into arguments and she would hit me so that I would hit her back. Then she would run to my dad in tears and tell on me. Was I wrong to hit her back? Absolutely. She was smaller than me and I should have known better. But she was just as wrong to provoke me until she got the reaction she wanted.

I put the entire trial up on my Youtube account breaking it down by each witness. Well I just got an email that someone commented on MD's testimony. [modsnip]

You can find it here;

I say bull!

I don't think Dunn and Rhonda will be together to much longer. There are a lot of women out there that actually like hooking up (so to speak) with guys in prison and I am sure he has probably gotten his share of letters by now. Plus, just listen to the whining on the taped phone calls, by both of them...that will get old soon.

on all the other stuff, I think we live in very scary times. Besides the passive racism that has become palpable at times...people are becoming ruder, aggressive and hateful in just everyday life with each other. Add guns and a new found "Holier than thou" religious attitude...a "I've got mine, now leave me alone and get off my lawn or I shoot" attitude by some baby boomers, and a fear of EVERYTHING because you just know "they" are coming after YOU! Mix in some stirred up anger from the far right, the far left, CNN, FOX News, and MSNBC. You got the perfect mix for a very screwed up and dangerous society.

our hope is our children. But sadly it won't be hope long lived if we allow the angry old guys with guns, very powerful guns with hollowed tips designed to do max damage to a young persons body, who then laugh on a witness stand and make a mockery of a young mans life gone too soon. Too sad to go on...can only smh in sorrow, shame, disgust

::heartbeat:. Rest in sweet peace Jordan...you cannot be hurt anymore.

BBM1: Statistically, most young black men who are murdered, are murdered by other young black men.

BBM2: Hollowpoint bullets are designed to expand inside your target, as opposed to over-penetrating and continuing to be a hazard. You won't find any LEO or civilian pistol instructor recommending anything other than HP ammo for personal defense.

I am NOT defending Dunn, I he seems like a <mod snip>. I just want to correct some mis-information spread by the MSM.

Thank you for sharing this. And please thank your friend. I wish more gun owners were like him. :seeya:

I was so excited to see what all was being discussed from Nightline. I guess NOT. :(

I was so excited to see what all was being discussed from Nightline. I guess NOT. :(

Not much to discuss, I gather -- from a post upthread

The juror pretty much said what I expected: that they couldn't decide between self defense and murder but agreed him continuing to shoot at a fleeing car "crossed the line."

There really isn't much. She didn't say anything we didn't already guess for ourselves. The only new information was how many were for/against guilt. And only gave a brief reason for why she herself voted for guilt, which was a little thin. Gotta say if I was leaning toward guilt her argument wouldn't have swayed me, though she probably had more of a reason than "he could have moved."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/juror-loud-music-trial-wanted-murder-conviction/story?id=22571068

Juror #4 &#8211; who asked to be identified simply as &#8220;Valerie&#8221; &#8211; said two and then three jurors ultimately believed Michael Dunn was justified in the 2012 shooting death of Jordan Davis. Valerie, who wanted a conviction, says the group knew within the first hour that they would be unable to reach a unanimous decision.

That's disappointing. Apparently minds were made up before they even started. IMHO

Thank you for sharing this. And please thank your friend. I wish more gun owners were like him. :seeya:

:)

Most folk who CCW are of a similar mindset. They know, if they have to use their handgun to defend themselves, their incident will be put under a microscope, as it were, and they might go to prison.
Even if they are acquitted, their names may be dragged through he mud, their lives threatened, etc. Even if they are acquitted, they may be bankrupted by atty's fees.

But all that applies to reasonable people, which is not a term I would use to describe Mr Dunn.

Not much to discuss, I gather -- from a post upthread

Well I watched it and thought it was very enlightening. :seeya:

Well I watched it and thought it was very enlightening. :seeya:

Ok, then enlighten us, please. By the post, I thought you were looking for enlightment rather than wanting to share it lol And, btw, that wasn't me saying we didn't learn anything new. I didn't watch it.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/juror-loud-music-trial-wanted-murder-conviction/story?id=22571068

Juror #4 – who asked to be identified simply as “Valerie” – said two and then three jurors ultimately believed Michael Dunn was justified in the 2012 shooting death of Jordan Davis. Valerie, who wanted a conviction, says the group knew within the first hour that they would be unable to reach a unanimous decision.

That's disappointing. Apparently minds were made up before they even started. IMHO

This is from my post #53 in the last thread. I think I hit the nail completely on the head;

I have a feeling that there is a juror or jurors with an agenda or severe stupidity.

I think a conversation like this is taking place;

A juror - "Let's see, he lied about calling the police, he lied about telling his girlfriend about his seeing a gun, he lied about being afraid they'd come back to the hotel for him, there's an independent witness who heard him scream 'YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT' Just before shooting, he said he saw a long gun but one was never found, no witness, other than MD saw one, so why do you think he's not guilty?"

A different juror - "Well I don't think that people should have to actually see something if they're afraid of being killed. God forbid somebody dies because they were waiting to see the weapon before acting in self defense."

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member