GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This poor juror is already getting death threats on other sites.
What an injustice to her.

This poor juror is already getting death threats on other sites.
What an injustice to her.

On message forums like ours? I wouldn't even know another message forum because I only post here, wouldn't know where to look for another one. That's too bad about the threats. I was just looking around at various news videos and Ashleigh Banfield said that she was getting death threats as were her coworkers, and even her family and children. She said "No more Twitter!" Apparently the death threats were abundant on Twitter. I don't know how to tweet.

heeheee ... you had me confused for a moment, 'cause I wasn't talking about MD at all. Glad you clarified:seeya:

I was thinking in the last few days how many people of all races and ages play LOUD music around here... in cars (& it rattles my windows), in their garage, wherever they might be. I used to tease the neighbor teen for when he played my kind of music. :drumroll:

Depends on what i'm doing as to the loudness ... if i'm painting walls it is LOUD!! And i play a wide variety from MoTown to country, KISS to Pink, Joe Cocker to Bob Marley...... Not too much Rap since I can't sing along to that, but i do like the tempo of some of it.

Lol MY "Pink" is still Pink Floyd, so the teens in my neighborhood don't get me. I play a wide variety too, and I have been known to crank up NPR or Salsa if the kids are playing their music too loudly. Funny thing is, the boys generally get teased by the girls they're trying to impress when I do that. Resolves the issue with a grin versus an argument. ;)

Lol MY "Pink" is still Pink Floyd, so the teens in my neighborhood don't get me. I play a wide variety too, and I have been known to crank up NPR or Salsa if the kids are playing their music too loudly. Funny thing is, the boys generally get teased by the girls they're trying to impress when I do that. Resolves the issue with a grin versus an argument. ;)

My Pink is of the Floyd variety also. :)

It creeped me out the way he was eyeballing the jury after he stopped speaking. I thought surely this, what I would call "staring down" of the jury members, would bode badly for Dunn. Maybe he is just creepier to me than to many others. I never even considered he might be targeting a woman on the jury. Yuck.

He creeps me out so bad. He has the traits of Scott Peterson imo. :razz:

I can see right through the superficial charm. lol My BFF's call me "the profiler".

When I heard a reporter ask Strolla if he would remain with Dunn throughout the re-trial, Strolla kind of answered in a round about way, that if the money was there he would be there. But the Dunn family claims to be broke, so i don't know.

Not surprised Strolla hedged. Not only can he probably afford only so many cases outside of his county, but if Dunn is broke, a pro bono case out of Strolla's home county may before than his pocketbook can handle. Plus since he didn't get acquittal on the other counts, Dunn may not want him even if he can afford him. It can't be cheap for Strolla to defend a case that is a 2.5 to 3hrs drive away, and he has other clients to consider. I do think Strolla certainly did better than a PD would though, and the Duval PD Matt Shirk is distracted by his own scandal right now. On the flip side, a new private attorney would likely feel compelled to seek a venue change out of Jax, which will drive up defense costs, too.

MOO.

If you missed Holly Hughes tonight on iHeart Radio you can listen to the show RIGHT HERE.

Holly did not hold back at all. You will love what she has to say.

Thank You!

Tricia

If you missed Holly Hughes tonight on iHeart Radio you can listen to the show RIGHT HERE.

Holly did not hold back at all. You will love what she has to say.

Thank You!

Tricia

This was my first time listening to the show, and indeed, Holly Hughes was all over that prosecution like a laser, I laughed out loud a couple of times.

I'm hoping the S.A. here in FL uses her recommendations, and cross examines Dunn with D.A. who are expressly in his bigotry/bias zone. Can we get Holly hired for the job in time?!?! :floorlaugh:

Hope Tricia feels better, too! You guys were both great.

In the jail house conversation with his son, MD cannot stand the thought of being found guilty and spending the rest of his life in that place. Well I guess he had a shocker in the courtroom last week. At the time he was in a month. Makes me smile. Does he think for 1 moment that JD wanted to be killed and leave his family and friends forever? I can not believe this guy.

He makes a point, on the recorded phone call, that he never drives drunk except for that one time when he was a kid. :rolleyes:

He makes a point, on the recorded phone call, that he never drives drunk except for that one time when he was a kid. :rolleyes:

So he feels remorse about being under the influence but nothing else? Grrrr. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He also didn't know his son has type one diabetes. Type one is onset in early life. Way to keep up dad.

If I would this son I would distance myself from this creep just as he has done with his son for the son's entire life. He is recruiting people to testify at bond hearing...wonder how many really showed up??? Apparently not enough as he did not get bond. So far this is pathetic listening...MD thinks he is SO superior. Again the reference to "daddy" who set him up in a job and is stilling setting him up now in this deal.

"I'll put you in touch with my brother...your uncle....." right MD...offer your son a job now after how many years? could it have anything to do with the fact you will need will now?

There is a lot of confusion about the SYG law, so I want to give more info. No, I am not an attorney, just a Floridian who has followed this law closely from its inception to where we are now.

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.--The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or
(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...TM&Title=->2004->Ch0776->Section 041#0776.041

And, this is part of current statute:
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

BBM.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.032.html

So, a law was born that came out of the year of great hurricanes and fear across my state has morphed into allowing men to confront and kill unarmed teens. It makes me sick :( IMO, JMO and MOO.

Thank you for the details daisy - I just quoted a small part. I am intrigued by this
" Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless"

Both Dunn and Zimmerman provoked their unarmed victims - I don't know why there is an "unless" - nor why 2 juries could not see that the accused were the aggressors. I do partly think it is because the prosecution did not properly explain who started the arguments - and the defense went overboard in claiming self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME