FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jeannie Blaylock on Twitter
Families of missing boaters have been walked through every step of the operations to reassure them everything has been and is being done to find their loved ones..as active search will stop at sundown tonight. If active clue comes up operations will resume.
ECljKSxXkAIme9N.jpg

12:12 PM - 22 Aug 2019 from Florida, USA

Jeannie Blaylock on Twitter
Coast Guard still saying finding that tool bag was “miraculous” and allowed them to focus in the search. But sadly that remains only clue correlated to missing boaters. So active search will stop when sun goes down tonight.
12:15 PM - 22 Aug 2019 from Florida, USA

Kelly Wiley on Twitter
@USCGSoutheast : The bag was the only item that we could say was 100% was linked to the missing boaters. @wjxt4
12:15 PM - 22 Aug 2019
Finding that tool bag was indeed a miraculous needle in a very large haystack. So much hope was generated from that - if something that small could be spotted, then surely a boat could also be found. This is all so very sad. Understandable though, as each day the search area grows larger and farther from the coast.

Fingers crossed for today's search.

Finding that tool bag was indeed a miraculous needle in a very large haystack. So much hope was generated from that - if something that small could be spotted, then surely a boat could also be found. This is all so very sad. Understandable though, as each day the search area grows larger and farther from the coast.

Fingers crossed for today's search.
Praying for a #MiracleBeforeSundown.
t4588.gif
t4588.gif

Deanna Allbrittin on Twitter
Man. Tough news for these families. @USCGSoutheast and @JFRDJAX will suspend the search Thurs night for the missing boaters. Coast Guard will continue to keep an eye out during regular patrols and resume the search if new clues are found.
12:33 PM - 22 Aug 2019

'Time has become our enemy': Day 6 of search for firefighters lost at sea
Officials said that search efforts will continue through the day, stretching as far north as New England.

The Coast Guard has three aircrafts and three ships searching along with partners from other agencies.

Search for missing boaters to be suspended at sundown, officials say
[...]

"They (the families) are heartbroken, and I can't say I feel any different right now," Jacksonville Fire Rescue Chief Keith Powers said. "It is an extremely tough decision because we have a brother out there that we haven't been able to find."

[...]

"Our thoughts and prayers remain with them," Mark Vlaun, commander, U.S. Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville.

[...]

Authorities said that while the official search will be suspended after Thursday night, the Coast Guard will keep an eye out during its patrols, and if a new clue is found, the search will resume.

[...]

Officials to Suspend Active Search For Missing Cape Canaveral Boaters
[...]

"At this point without additional information, we have simply reached the point where our computer modeling and our ability to search at a given location are no longer allowing us to search at any reasonable degree or probability of success," he said. "With that information ... I made the extremely ddifficultdecision today that we will suspend the active search at sundown."

[...]

Indian River County locals are banding together with a vigil to honor two missing firefighters who disappeared at sea Aug. 16.

The event will be held 6 p.m. at Jaycee Beach Park, 4200 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.

Vigil guests will gather at the picnic tables in the park and then walk down to the beach together, Johnson, 46, said.

A prayer service will be held on the shoreline by Pastor Dave Foster of Tabernacle Ministries, Walker's hometown church in Vero Beach.
Beach-side vigil planned for missing boaters at Jaycee Beach Park in Indian River County

USCGSoutheast on Twitter
#UPDATE 18: @USCG and partner agency crews continue to search for the missing boaters with surface & air assets. The Coast Guard will continue to have a presence in the area, but active searches will conclude at sunset.
EClrC5BWsAA1k_A.jpg

12:56 PM - 22 Aug 2019

#MiracleBeforeSundown
You know, I do believe in miracles. Prayers lifted up to our God, we have one today.

Probably linked already, but wow! 175,000 miles!

'Massive search' to be suspended at sundown: Desperate hunt for clues in disappearance of firefighters

"The suspension begins at sundown, according to Capt. Mark Vlaun, commander of the Coast Guard Sector in Jacksonville.

The massive search for missing boaters and off-duty firefighters Justin Walker and Brian McCluney is now in its sixth day, and the search field has covered over 175,000 miles.

Vluan had said that time and the Gulf Stream current were working against rescuers as they searched an area the size of the state of Colorado.

Rescue teams battle against time, Gulf Stream in search for overdue firefighters who left Port Canaveral Friday

“We haven’t had a clue since that,” said Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan Dickinson, Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville. “It makes it difficult to narrow the search area. It’s just expanding.”

Without clues, Dickinson said they are following the Gulf Stream’s widening northeast current.

If I am feeling this devastated by the search being called off.....I cannot fathom how their families feel! :(

They are searching for a teeny tiny moving target in an abyss of moving water....and I cannot imagine how difficult the searchers jobs must be.

These guys were smart and resourceful.
There was no way that they didn't have their life vests on if their boat started to take on water, no matter how fast it happened. If the boat is out there disabled, then they are just floating and waiting to be rescued.
If the boat sank, then they could still be out there floating in life vests holding onto debris from their boat.

Its been a little while since a thread I have followed on WS has seen a miracle.
Today is a good day for one.

All JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member