FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A flyer was posted to Facebook calling on volunteers to walk the shoreline in search of any items from McLuney's 24-foot center console fishing boat.

Items include:
  • A light blue, long sleeve, dry fit shirt
  • Blue board shorts
  • Oceaneyes sunglasses
  • Reef flip-flops with brown leather straps
  • Straw hat
  • Gray and white gloves
  • Navy blue, long sleeve Miami Fire shirt
  • Red and black boardshorts
  • Costa sunglasses
  • Crocs
  • 405 hat
  • Blue "HUK" neck gator
The beach walk starts at noon Saturday in the pavilion at the St. Augustine Pier.

Volunteers who find any of the items listed are asked to send a picture of the item to 904-599-6062.
Families hosting a beach walk for missing firefighters

"She's not willing to rest until she finds something," said Telisha Shugart, organizer of search.

A missing firefighter's wife is not ready to give up on her husband.

They're heartbroken, and she's not willing to give up," said Shugart.

More than 146,000 acres were searched over 281 hours.

"The stamina, the strength this child has, anybody should look up to," said Shugart.

Shugart said Walker has continued searching even days after the search was called off by the Coast Guard. Now, she is asking for one more search, because the family is hoping Hurricane Dorian washed up some of the missing men's clothing.
Family of fireman lost at sea asking for volunteers to search the beaches this weekend

This page is hosted by the Fairfax County Professional Firefighters & Paramedics and the Jacksonville Association of Firefighters.

Bring Justin & Brian Home (Firefighters lost at sea off Cape Canaveral) Public Group | Facebook

*I hope it’s permissible to post this Facebook group. My son in law is a Lt. Firefighter/Paramedic. He responded to my mama’s 911 call night before last and found my daddy dead. Cardiac arrest. He cried with Mama holding her up. I have the utmost respect for our Firefighters.

Last edited:
This is in addition to my previous post today regarding satellite imagery.

In case Planet.com is a dead end, I found a news article from a few years back that mentions a different company that was able to provide imagery in another case of a family missing at sea. It says they create the satellite images and allow volunteers to log in to search. Since there are SO MANY people who want to help any way they can in this search, that stood out to me. Here is the link to that article:

Strangers log on to help satellite search for missing schooner

Tomnod is retired:

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/ninarescue2/map/699303

OCT 15, 2019
Celebration of life for JFRD firefighter lost at sea scheduled for Oct. 25
[...]

Stephanie McCluney announced the celebration via Facebook.

"I invite you to celebrate Brian, the amazing husband, father, son, brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, friend and man that he is," she said in a Facebook post. "Come celebrate the love and joy that is Brian as we carry him with us each day from here forward. This celebration is open to all."

[...]

Celebration of life for Jacksonville firefighter lost at sea
[...]

The wife of Jacksonville firefighter McClueny's posted to social media announcing a celebration of life planned in his memory on Friday, Oct. 25 at 11 a.m. It will be held at the North Jacksonville Baptist Church, at 8531 Main Street N.

[...]

(SM's FB post is shared in the second article.)

Justin was added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original
Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
On August 17, 2019, Justin Walker arrived in Port Canaveral to go off shore fishing. Justin left the area of Port Canaveral in a vessel and has not returned to Port. He was fishing with Brian McCluney, who is also missing.

(I'm not seeing a NAMUS profile for Brian)

2022 article

How heartbreaking…

Inside a locker at Fire Station 3, Brian McCluney's clothes are exactly as he left them.

It's been three years since he worked here, but signs of him are everywhere.

Three years later Stephanie McCluney still doesn't know what happened to her husband.

“I have not gotten any answers or closure if you will.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69