FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
McCluney's brother, Kevin McCluney, issued a statement from the family Friday on social media. He said they remains hopeful both men will be found, and are grateful to searchers.

"We still have hope," Kevin McCluney posted on his public Facebook page. "Nobody, is giving up. However, my family's focus now must be on the immediate needs of Brian's wife and children."

He said they intend to hold a news conference at noon Monday and are finalizing the location to provide an update.

Brian McCluney is an engineer/paramedic at Jacksonville's Station 31, while Walker is a master technician at Station 5B in Franconia.

McCluney's brother said they are thankful for the efforts by the Coast Guard, their partner agencies and volunteers.

"My family and I have absolute trust, confidence and admiration of the US Coast Guard and partner agencies during the dedicated search for my brother and Justin," Kevin McCluney posted.

The family was briefed by the Coast Guard and JFRD before the official announcement Friday that the active search was suspended.

Kevin McCluney said their family has "zero doubt" the Coast Guard and its numerous partner agencies involved in the search as well as "every single one" of the thousands of heroic volunteers in aircraft and watercraft have left no stone unturned in the dedicated search.
Familes of Missing Firefighters Not Giving Up

I have prayed for these two young men from the beginning.

I, like so many others wanted so badly for a happy ending.

After such exhaustive searches it seems it will not come to be as we had all hoped.

I pray wherever they may be, they are both at peace.

They were both lovers of the sea, but sometimes the sea can be dangerous in a blink of an eye.

I hope they were still together if they have lost their lives. They were doing what they loved, and doing it together as friends.

I know they will have some continue to search, and hopefully if they have lost their lives to the sea they can be found, and brought home to all who loves them, and misses them terribly.

Jmho

Missing Brian McCluney & Justin Walker Disscusion Group

Official page for the missing men. Many people are notifying this page and the CG about cam footage from buoys along the coast, all the way up through Georges Bank off NC, to off coast of NJ and even near Cape Cod, MA. Many of these photos show what looks like a boat and all are supposedly being investigated. One turned out to be two other men (NOT related) who were fishing and who were asked to leave the area to prevent confusion.

What amazes me, besides the number of people who are continuing to be involved in this search, is the ability of these buoys placed all along the East Coast to provide such remarkable photos. Several have given some hope and do make sense if the boat has continued to drift north. But, so far, none have panned out.

The Firehouse Subs locations in Macclenny, Lake City, Ocala, Gainesville, St. Augustine, Fernandina and Jacksonville will be donating a 10-percent portion of all sales on Monday towards the search effort. If you'd like to attend, you can show up at any restaurant location from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Over the weekend, a local restaurant also held a benefit to raise money for private search efforts. Willard's BBQ Junction prepared about 500 meals. They sold the chicken dinners to community members at Station 32, McCluney's first station in Jacksonville. The restaurant was able to raise $8,330.

Fundraiser held across North Florida Monday to fund private searches for missing firefighters

View attachment 199970
The boat trailer of JFRD firefighter Brian McCluney is still in Port Canaveral, where McCluney and his friend, Virginia firefighter Justin Walker, were last seen.
Flowers, ribbons adorn boat trailer of missing JFRD firefighter

Thank you for the link.

What a beautiful act of kindness.

It reminded me of when Mark Geragos put a fishing boating in front of his office with a pregnant dummy representing Laci, and Connor Peterson. :(

Immediately many posters, including myself, on CourtTV sent beautiful flower arrangements to fill the boat. There were so many they had to be displayed around the boat since inside the boat was overflowing with so many sent.

It turned something that was a very ugly reminder of how Laci, and Connor were murdered by Scott Peterson into a beautiful memorial for them instead.

This act of kindness will also bring comfort to these grieving families as well. God be with them all.

Jmho

AUG 26, 2019
'No effort was spared, no stone left unturned': Missing firefighter Brian McCluney's family thanks public for massive rescue effort
[...]

McCluney's wife Stephanie, his mother and other family members took the podium with tears in their eyes to thank the public, and speak about what kind of man Brian is.

"We still have a glimmer of hope," Stephanie said. "...I know firemen like to fix things, and that's what they did here."

[...]

Brian's mother Carla also spoke at the press conference thanking first responders and rescue crews for their efforts in bringing home her son.

"There is no doubt in my mind, that everything you did was humanly possible to find Brian and Justin, including the best technology and the best people this country has to offer," Carla said.

Carla says her grandchildren asked if there were cookies and fishing in heaven.

"No effort was spared, no stone left unturned during the search," said Brian's brother, Kevin McCluney. "As Brian and Justin were there for us when we needed them, we need to follow their examples and hold each other together..."

[...]

AUG 26, 2019
Wife, family of missing firefighter Brian McCluney thank searchers
While the family of two firefighters missing at sea for 10 days clings to hope their loved ones will be found, they focused most of their comments at an emotional news conference Monday, thanking the numerous agencies and hundreds of volunteers who mounted an intense, week-long search for the men.

Brian McCluney's wife, Stephanie, called it an "amazing job ... you did everything that you needed to do."

"I will never have the words to say thank you to the thousands of people who searched for my son and the millions of prayers," Brian's mother, Clara McCluney, said. "I will never know you, but I am in debt to all of you forever."

[...]

"To all the volunteers, the army of men and women that poured themselves into that the past week, I see the hands and feet of Jesus through these men and these women," Stephanie McCluney said.

Stephanie and Carla McCluney said they have felt embraced by the JFRD family.

"I know firefighters love to fix things and make things right," Stephanie said. "They did. All of you guys out there on boats, you did. You did what you needed to do."

[...]

Carla McCluney lost her husband six weeks ago and is now dealing with the fact that her son may never be found. She stood beside her other son, Kevin, and daughter-in-law Stephanie addressing the public about where the family is right now.

"I just think we are trying to rest a little and let our minds and emotions rest. Some sort of normalcy for the children," she said.

[...]

"I believe in a God of miracles -- you know that he has parted waters and seas -- but I have two children to think about and I need to give them some answers," she said. "My hope lies in that I know there will be a reunion, whether it is here or in eternity. This is a brief moment. Eternity is forever."

In addition to thanking all those involved in the search, Kevin McCluney, Brian's brother, extend gratitude to the Walker family for their support, not only over these last days but earlier this summer when their father died.

[...]

Still a “glimmer of hope” as searchers seek missing firefighters 10 day’s later, Jacksonville man’s family said

Her voice was soft but clear as she stood at before massed microphones Monday at the Jacksonville Association of Fire Fighters union hall, missing Jacksonville firefighter Brian McCluney joined by her husband’s mother and brother behind her.

Stating that there was “so much to say,” Stephanie McCluney thanked the Coast Guard and other agencies for their “amazing” job in searching for her husband and his friend, Virginia firefighter Justin Walker, after they went missing off Port Canaveral 10 days ago.

That major search ended late Thursday, with promises from the Coast Guard that regular patrols would keep looking.

“There’s no other words but thank you,” she said before pausing for a breath. “From the bottom of my heart I cannot give enough gratitude. We have seen the nation come together in unity here over this. They put everything else aside and do the job that was needed to be done.”

And there is still a “glimmer of hope” of finding them, Brian McLuney’s mother said.

“There’s still people out there looking now, including the Coast Guard and including private volunteers,” Carla McCluney said. “We so appreciate everything that they are doing. This experience, although tragic and heartbreaking, is a perfect representation of the power of people coming together for a common cause. Our community and beyond our community, we have seen togetherness, generosity and kindness.”

Read more: Still a "glimmer of hope" as searchers seek missing firefighters 10 day's later, Jacksonville man's family said

“All you need is one cooler.”

That's what an optimistic Jim Futch, uncle of missing boater, firefighter and Vero Beach native, Justin Walker had to say Monday, matter-of-factly.

“They had enough material to make a raft.”

Walker, a firefighter in Fairfax County, Virginia, and Brian McCluney, a friend who grew up in Cocoa and is a firefighter for the Jacksonville Fire Rescue Department, have been missing since leaving Port Canaveral on Aug. 16 on a fishing trip.

They had a cooler, a big one, Futch said, and they had seat cushions and life preservers.

The Coast Guard continues to track reports of possible debris.

"We've gotten many reports of debris and we're getting a lot of imagery from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's buoys," said Petty Officer 3rd Class Ryan Dickinson.

Dickinson said boaters joining the search should use caution. Weather officials warn that Tropical Storm Dorian continues to gain strength and could be stirring off the Florida Coast by the weekend.

Family of missing boaters keep hope alive and continue volunteer search effort

AUG 26, 2019
'No effort was spared, no stone left unturned': Missing firefighter Brian McCluney's family thanks public for massive rescue effort
[...]

McCluney's wife Stephanie, his mother and other family members took the podium with tears in their eyes to thank the public, and speak about what kind of man Brian is.

"We still have a glimmer of hope," Stephanie said. "...I know firemen like to fix things, and that's what they did here."

[...]

Brian's mother Carla also spoke at the press conference thanking first responders and rescue crews for their efforts in bringing home her son.

"There is no doubt in my mind, that everything you did was humanly possible to find Brian and Justin, including the best technology and the best people this country has to offer," Carla said.

Carla says her grandchildren asked if there were cookies and fishing in heaven.

"No effort was spared, no stone left unturned during the search," said Brian's brother, Kevin McCluney. "As Brian and Justin were there for us when we needed them, we need to follow their examples and hold each other together..."

[...]
:( Oh wow.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member