FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey everyone,

Please don't post things like "I read that ..." or "I heard that ...". This is considered rumor / hearsay. If you state something as fact, you MUST include a link to MSM to substantiate what you are saying.

If you don't include a link, your post is considered rumor and will be removed, along with all responses (and responses to those responses, etc)

From your link...wow! They gave it a tremendous effort, and still some support searches likely.

RBBM

"The Coast Guard said Thursday evening that more than 146,368 square miles, or an area equivalent to the size of Montana, had been searched.

Vlaun said during a news conference earlier Thursday that the search field spanned from Central Florida to New England, a vast area that was "no longer allowing us to search with any reasonable level of degree of success."

"In my 25-year career, I have never seen a more comprehensive or a larger search operation," Vlaun said. "We could not have put more into this than we did."

Vlaun said he explained to McCluney and Walker's families that "suspending a search does not stop global Coast Guard operations."

Rogue waves are real and deadly for able craft that have no mechanical issues. This is speculation on my part only based on the report of some turbulent weather later on the day the Firemen set out. Sometimes the sea keeps her secrets. I hope she lets go of this one. Prayers for all.

Rogue waves are real and deadly for able craft that have no mechanical issues. This is speculation on my part only based on the report of some turbulent weather later on the day the Firemen set out. Sometimes the sea keeps her secrets. I hope she lets go of this one. Prayers for all.
Not the best weather here today either on the East Coast. Severe storms pushed through last evening and overnight, all the way to the coast and out to sea. At least from VA, MD up though New England. Dropped temps into the 60's in NJ and still raining here.

Did the searches completely move away from where the bag was found? Maybe someone has expertise on this sort of thing and can explain, but wouldn’t where the bag was found and where they set out and the timing along w/current etc. tell them generally at least the vicinity of where the boat would have sunk IF it sank? I know not exactly, but they were searching so far away and I can understand that if they thought they were drifting, but wouldn’t the bag in the water be a pretty good indication that it sank? Unless you think it was left as a breadcrumb, but I don’t.

Did the searches completely move away from where the bag was found? Maybe someone has expertise on this sort of thing and can explain, but wouldn’t where the bag was found and where they set out and the timing along w/current etc. tell them generally at least the vicinity of where the boat would have sunk IF it sank? I know not exactly, but they were searching so far away and I can understand that if they thought they were drifting, but wouldn’t the bag in the water be a pretty good indication that it sank? Unless you think it was left as a breadcrumb, but I don’t.
Possible the bag found was thrown overboard as a clue, according to one of the wives, at least. If so, wouldn't be indicative of a place the boat may have sunk. Chances are, they considered that and checked already though. From that point, drifting north and east, the boat could be anywhere...even still floating.

Facebook Page for Missing Men

Bring Justin & Brian Home (Firefighters lost at sea off Cape Canaveral)

Post from one admin of page: fwiw

There has been some chatter about a belief that the boat Justin and Brian were in may have sunk. This has never been reported or confirmed by any agency and at this point is not believed to be correct. Due to the nature of the tough composition of the boat, we still believe that the chances the boat sank are slim. Especially since with all the area covered there was no debris from the boat found.

Facebook Page for Missing Men

Bring Justin & Brian Home (Firefighters lost at sea off Cape Canaveral)

Post from one admin of page: fwiw

There has been some chatter about a belief that the boat Justin and Brian were in may have sunk. This has never been reported or confirmed by any agency and at this point is not believed to be correct. Due to the nature of the tough composition of the boat, we still believe that the chances the boat sank are slim. Especially since with all the area covered there was no debris from the boat found.
Well this is good to hear. Hope they’re right!

AUG 23, 2019
$70K reward offered in search for missing boaters
Four rewards totaling $70,000 are now being offered in the search for two missing firefighters lost at sea.

The latest $10,000 reward comes from a business that has a close relationship with JFRD firefighter Brian McCluney's family.

[...]

Reimer said the bond between firefighters runs deep. He said his company also has another connection to the search.

"One of the guys who drove down from Fairfax, he is on the same shift as the gentleman. We kind of helped him logistically getting on the water. He drove down with a team from Fairfax that is on the same shift with one of the gentleman missing," Reimer said.

Reimer said International Marine has had 100 boats aiding in the search.

[...]

"The search is going to continue privately. Hopefully, the family stays strong, as they have. They have been demonstrating incredible strength and, hopefully, they continue that," he said. "Nobody is giving up, and this is just a little bump in the road and we are going to continue until they come home."

[...]

Krystel Knowles on Twitter
MISSING BOATERS MEMORIAL: People are setting flowers, candles and notes for the two firefighters who never returned from a fishing trip @MyNews13
ECrfkHGW4AAtWNh.jpg
ECrfkHDWwAAwgpG.jpg
ECrfkHNX4AAH4fS.jpg
ECrfkHRX4AAea9K.jpg

3:54 PM - 23 Aug 2019

[URL="https://twitter.com/ashlinphotos06/status/1165021541643542534"]Ken Ashlin on Twitter[/URL]
@Indianriverfire hoists a flag at a vigil at Jaycee Park in Vero Beach to show their support for missing boaters Justin Walker and Bryan McCluney, whom haven’t been seen since they left @PortCanaveral last Friday. @MyNews13 @cherynstone
ECr86SxXkAExCHl.jpg

6:02 PM - 23 Aug 2019

AUG 23, 2019
Missing firefighters' friends react as search scales back
Friday was a sobering day for friends and fellow firefighters. It marked one week after firefighters Brian McCluney and Justin Walker were last seen.

[...]

"There's no end to what that guy would do if that was me," said Fairfax County firefighter AM, who was one of Walker's closest friends over the past decade.

[...]

AM chuckled when he thought about better times, like how Walker was there when AM proposed to his wife. But the reality that his friend might not be found set in Friday.

"He's the ultimate friend, man," an emotional AM said of Walker. "He's the guy that's going to give you his everything -- his max effort and then some. He's a wall breaker."

[...]

"We have people here at this station who are having a really hard time with this," said Chief Patrick Gouin, McCluney's supervisor. "There's a lot of guys here who are emotionally invested with Brian."

As anyone in the field knows, the fire service is a family. Now two departments are forever joined as one, and members of both now said they're focused on supporting the men's families.

[...]

AUG 23, 2019
A poem, a vigil, a crowd: Hundreds gather at Jaycee Beach Park to honor missing boaters
In 2008, Justin Walker wrote a poem.

Through 13 lines of prose, Walker spoke of his relationship with the sea:

"As I stand on the shore, pondering my decision to cross, I am paralyzed by her depth," Walker wrote. "But her secrets are my purpose. And treasures? There are thousands for me."

Friday night, exactly one week since Walker disappeared at sea, his cousin Rebecca Buhler read aloud his poem, entitled "Stormy Sea", in front of a crowd of hundreds at Jaycee Beach Park in Vero Beach.

[...]

"The outpouring of love from the community has been overwhelming," Sheila said through tears as she separated herself from the crowd at the end of the vigil. "It gives me great peace knowing we have this support."

Sheila said she remains hopeful that her son and his friend will be found.

[...]

As Rowell stood beneath the flag blowing in the sea breeze, he noted that any firefighter near or far is a family member to those that serve.

"The hardest part is not knowing what happened to these two men," Rowell said. "But he will always be one of us. And this is what we do."

[...]

AUG 24, 2019
Fundraiser held to aid private searches for missing firemen
[...]

Official searches have been suspended, but some boaters have decided they will continue to search.

On Saturday, a fundraiser happened to help collect money for private searches that will continue until the two firemen are found.

[...]

Thousands of dollars have been raised in a couple of days. Now, boaters who want to volunteer will have fuel and other supplies to take the daylong voyage out to sea.

They will not stop searching for the two men.

"We're still holding out faith that he's gonna be found, both of 'em," Hara said. "And we can't wait to see them come back home."

McCluney's family is expected to speak to the public Monday about the search efforts.

[...]

So sad. I can't imagine how hard this must be on their families. Any reason why they'd call off the search when they could still be alive?
They searched more than 146,368 square miles from central Florida to New England and the only verifiable evidence found was the tackle bag found last Monday. They have to have some idea where to search. :(

Officials to Suspend Active Search For Missing Cape Canaveral Boaters
"At this point without additional information, we have simply reached the point where our computer modeling and our ability to search at a given location are no longer allowing us to search at any reasonable degree or probability of success," he said. "With that information ... I made the extremely difficult decision today that we will suspend the active search at sundown."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back