Found Alive FL - Kamiyah Mobley, newborn, Jacksonville, 10 July 1998 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am very concerned that she is navigating this new life without help and that she is likely to be further hurt. She needs effective legal counsel and I hope someone steps forward to help her. As part of the lawsuit against the hospital, a large sum was held in trust to be paid on her 18th birthday, to Kamiyah if she had been found, but going to her mother if she was still missing. That was paid out to her mother in July. She is the truest victim here, yet there is no money for her. With Gloria in jail, who will pay for college?

I am very concerned that she is navigating this new life without help and that she is likely to be further hurt. She needs effective legal counsel and I hope someone steps forward to help her. As part of the lawsuit against the hospital, a large sum was held in trust to be paid on her 18th birthday, to Kamiyah if she had been found, but going to her mother if she was still missing. That was paid out to her mother in July. She is the truest victim here, yet there is no money for her. With Gloria in jail, who will pay for college?

I wonder if she still has a legal right to any of that settlement money .... and if it is still around. No implication meant by that comment, but some people do get large settlements and blow it away so fast. Wonder how much they actually got ... and if they had to pay out a portion for things such as taxes, legal fees, etc.

I imagine the bio parents (who were paid the $1.5m) will cover that, hope so anyway. Poor kid. So young to be dealing with this.

What a flippin mess this has turned out to be and it hasn't even been a week yet. All of this hardship and heartache was caused by the selfish act of one woman. I can't even put into words how unfair I find all this to be, and to have it all playing out in the public eye is even worse.

I cannot imagine having to deal with all this trauma and upheaval at the age of 18.

ETA: I hadn't even considered the settlement $$$ as a factor.....i hope this doesn't get uglier. Damn this is just unbelievable.

Just a gut feeling that this was going to get ugly.
If there's $$ to be paid out to Kamiyah on her 18th birthday ---one would assume it hasn't been paid out yet.

Hoping she can bond with her bio family and someday forgive the abductor.( wouldn't blame her if she didn't. )

This young lady may struggle with issues for the rest of her life. :( (hope not, though)

Hoping she can emerge from this and be able to have a full and happy life !!!!

I agree. I feel she needs therapy and privacy to heal. this is becoming a circus :(

she will, at some level. I know two men who were raised thinking step daddy was their father, found out as adults and have a hard time trusting at the basest level.

If there's $$ to be paid out to Kamiyah on her 18th birthday ---one would assume it hasn't been paid out yet.

Hoping she can bond with her bio family and someday forgive the abductor.( wouldn't blame her if she didn't. )

This young lady may struggle with issues for the rest of her life. :( (hope not, though)

I don't think I can find the link now, but I read the money was paid to bio mom @June or July of 2016. hmmmm ..... but I did find this:

In May 2000, Mobley said, she settled a lawsuit with the hospital in which she received $1.5 million. She said she bought a home but lost it in a foreclosure. She also gave away a lot of money to friends and others who she said took advantage of her.
She now has three children, whom she closely protects. As for her firstborn, Mobley remains filled with questions.
http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-01-13/10-years-later-where-kamiyah-mobley

and then there was thus:
Baby Kamiyah Mobley's mom Shanara received final lump sum payment in abduction settlement. July 10 2016, baby's 18th birthday @ActionNewsJax
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484099706

So WHEN did she receive the money? Is it all gone? Seems she probably got payments over those years.

im guessing she got structured settlement. I am going to speak as a poor person... I have a raging case of po' folk syndrome when I get money. I buy things we have needed for awhile and not been able to afford. im terrible at management. I feel this may be also true of Shanara M too.

I don't think I can find the link now, but I read the money was paid to bio mom @June or July of 2016. hmmmm ..... but I did find this:

In May 2000, Mobley said, she settled a lawsuit with the hospital in which she received $1.5 million. She said she bought a home but lost it in a foreclosure. She also gave away a lot of money to friends and others who she said took advantage of her.
She now has three children, whom she closely protects. As for her firstborn, Mobley remains filled with questions.
http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-01-13/10-years-later-where-kamiyah-mobley

and then there was thus:
Baby Kamiyah Mobley's mom Shanara received final lump sum payment in abduction settlement. July 10 2016, baby's 18th birthday @ActionNewsJax
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...ttorney-to-talk-about-investigation/484099706

So WHEN did she receive the money? Is it all gone? Seems she probably got payments over those years.

In the reunion picture, A/K has a strong resemblance to her bio mom.

When an employer, driver's license dept, etc determine an applicant to have fake IDs, do they give back the documents or immediately call the police? Is there a protocol for these situations? There are probably other kidnapped victims out there with fake or no IDs.

If this young lady is as strong as I believe her to be, she is going to continue her familiar relationship as a member of the Manigo family, and extend that to include her bio family. She appears to have grown up with a lot of love that includes her dad/cousins/aunts and more from these 18 years of living. Her photos of the reunion with her bio family look as though she is happy to have them in her life, also.

Her father who raised her appears quite heartbroken and cares very much for how his daughter processes and grows from this situation. He won't turn away from the daighter he raised and loved, and will be very supportive, I believe.

The parents who raised her separated in 2003.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dads-heartbreak-girl-raised-kidnapped-newborn/story?id=44798183

One father's joy was another father's heartbreak, after Charles Manigo learned that the girl he raised and believed to be his own daughter for 18 years was really another man's child.

Manigo and Williams raised her from the time she was a newborn, sharing custody after they split up in 2003, and celebrating milestones together, like her prom, he said.

"The person she called dad for 18 years isn't her dad," Manigo said.

[genuine tears from a loving man--JMO]

Italics by me.
That line just breaks my heart. One way or the other, he IS her dad.
He raised her, he loves her. He is her dad.
The crimes of another cannot take that away from him, and it can't take that away from his daughter.

I hope he is able to find his way to this simple truth.

ETA - Dang! I should have kept reading before posting. What a story. Phew.

Kamiyah Mobley, Kidnapped at Birth, Discovered Her True Identity Two Years Ago, Friend Reveals

Kamiyah Mobley, the 18-year-old abducted as a newborn from a Florida hospital and raised by her alleged kidnapper in a South Carolina home, found out she was abducted about two years ago when she went to apply for a job, according to a friend.

“She was upset about it,” Arika Williams, who long believed she was Mobley’s half-sister, tells PEOPLE. “She even stayed home from school the next day.”

--------------

Arika says Williams broke down and told Mobley the truth after the teen was hired at a local restaurant and was asked to provide a birth certificate and social security information.

“Lexy didn’t have that so she asked Miss Gloria for it and Miss Gloria kept brushing it off,” says Arika. “Lexy kept being hard on her mother, like ‘Momma, where is my stuff? I want to get this job.’ Then Miss Gloria just broke down and told her this is why right here, you can’t do this. I kidnapped you.”

-------------------

Arika says that after Mobley learned the truth she started looking up stories about the case and allegedly called her birth mother, Shanara Mobley.

“She said she heard her voice and she hung up,” she says.

Arika says Kamiyah eventually “just let it go.”

http://people.com/crime/kaliyah-mob...entity-several-years-ago-half-sister-reveals/

gracious comments coming from the paternal grandmother:

“I know it’s hurting her [Mobley], because I know she loves [Williams],” Aiken tells PEOPLE. “I know she’s going through some things right now because she learned to love those people.”

She says she doesn’t know whether Mobley will move to Jacksonville.

“She has been in South Carolina for a long time, since she was taken from us when she was eight hours old,” Aiken says. “She’s got all of those friends and relatives she has accumulated over the years. I wouldn’t dare ask her to leave that behind.”

“The only thing I would tell her,” Aiken says, “is that she’s got to pray.”

http://people.com/crime/kamiyah-mobley-story-grandmother-velma-aiken/

Gloria Williams has been booked in Jacksonville.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, Department of Corrections

JSO Inmate Information Search - Inmate Report

WILLIAMS, GLORIA BOLDEN
Jail Number: 2017001478 JSO ID:

Inmate Information

Housing Location: PDF Admitted: 01/17/2017 04:37 PM
ID Check Completed: N
Released: N/A Release Reason: N/A
Bond Agency: N/A Bond Agency Address: N/A
Race: B Eyes: BROWN
Sex: F Hair: BLACK
Height: 504 inches Weight: 148 pounds
Arrested: 01/17/2017 Expected Release Date: N/A
Length of Sentence: N/A
Pending Unsentenced Charges: Yes
Payment Required For Release: * Not Eligible for Bond
Completed Admissions Process: Y
Arresting Agency: JACKSONVILLE SHERIFF'S OFFICE
How Long in Jax (Years/Months): 0/0

Next Court Date: 01/18/2017 09:00 AM , PRE-TRIAL DETENTION, J1A
Visitation Information: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Saturday (Visits are limited to 1 visit per week for maximum of 2 hours.)

Charge Information

Statute: 787.03(1) Description: INTERFERENCE WITH CUSTODY; CHILD UNDER 17/ANY PERS.WHO PROCURES ANOTHER
Bond: No Bond Fine: N/A Purge: N/A Blanket Bond Group:
Charge Type: FEL Capias/Warrant: 1508137 Case #: 16-2017-068853 OBTS: 1621071707
Date Entered: 1/17/2017 4:37:57 PM Charge Status: NEW CHARGE
Jurisdiction: JSO
Sentence Date: N/A Years: 0 Months: 0 Days: 0
Charge Comments: N/A

Statute: 787.01(1)(A)2 Description: KIDNAPPING / COMMIT OR FACILITATE COMMISSION OF ANY FELONY
Bond: No Bond Fine: N/A Purge: N/A Blanket Bond Group:
Charge Type: FEL Capias/Warrant: 1508137 Case #: 16-2017-AF-068853 OBTS: 1621071707
Date Entered: 1/17/2017 4:37:57 PM Charge Status: NEW CHARGE
Jurisdiction: JSO
Sentence Date: N/A Years: 0 Months: 0 Days: 0
Charge Comments: N/A

Active Hold Information
No holds for this inmate are currently on record.

Sounds like the kidnapper had other run-ins with the law

http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-0...spect-faced-minor-charge-soon-after-abduction

DM says records show Williams and her family were evicted 6 different times from 6 different addresses. It also states she had been convicted of welfare fraud in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pped-birth-discovered-identity-YEARS-ago.html

Police are still investigating, sounds like there's a lot to check out considering all the moving, job changing, etc. Doesn't sound like a very good upbringing for a child.

ETA: Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but Williams must have been pretty far along in her pregnancy if she was able to pass off Kamiyah as her own after the kidnapping. Makes you wonder how she was able to convince her husband/SO and family that it was her child. Did she pretend to go to a local hospital for the birth? Lots of questions on this.

I was envisioning that she may not have been with the manigo guy anymore so he wasn't seeing her much.

I have had financial issues and have moved several times and my kids were raised lovingly and are ok. different circumstances entirely lol but not every kid gets the suburban white picket fence upbringing.

Sounds like the kidnapper had other run-ins with the law

http://jacksonville.com/news/2017-0...spect-faced-minor-charge-soon-after-abduction

DM says records show Williams and her family were evicted 6 different times from 6 different addresses. It also states she had been convicted of welfare fraud in the past.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pped-birth-discovered-identity-YEARS-ago.html

Police are still investigating, sounds like there's a lot to check out considering all the moving, job changing, etc. Doesn't sound like a very good upbringing for a child.

ETA: Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but Williams must have been pretty far along in her pregnancy if she was able to pass off Kamiyah as her own after the kidnapping. Makes you wonder how she was able to convince her husband/SO and family that it was her child. Did she pretend to go to a local hospital for the birth? Lots of questions on this.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back