Found Deceased FL - Kathleen Moore, 34, phone found in dumpster, New Port Richey, 29 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pasco Sheriff's Office

At approximately 11:30 a.m. this morning, Pasco Sheriff’s Office received a report from an individual walking in the area of Carmel Ave., New Port Richey of a decomposing body.......

Posted 8 mins ago -

.....Sheriff Chris Nocco will be going live on Facebook in approximately 15 minutes to provide an update on the investigation in the Kathleen Moore homicide.

I'm so sorry Kathleen. This never should have happened to you. Rest Easy!

This was not the news I wanted to hear but expected. It appears the Uber wasn't relevant in the end after all. I hope the boyfriend is charged to the fullest. He is a repeat offender and has no business on the streets. He is a danger to women. This is so maddening. How many women have to suffer at the hands of these cowardly men? I think that self defense classes should be free for all girls, ladies and women.
I agree with how tragic this is. Unfortunately, self-defense classes don't do a lot when the man is considerably larger or stronger. (I spent 20+ years in the law enforcement sector). I once had my male partner try and get a jump on me just to see how I did. Both of us were extremely physically fit, I had martial arts training and he was only about 5 inches taller and 45 pounds heavier than I. He had me on the floor in about 10 seconds. My best defense is avoiding people and places where I might be on the losing end of a fight.

I agree with how tragic this is. Unfortunately, self-defense classes don't do a lot when the man is considerably larger or stronger. (I spent 20+ years in the law enforcement sector). I once had my male partner try and get a jump on me just to see how I did. Both of us were extremely physically fit, I had martial arts training and he was only about 5 inches taller and 45 pounds heavier than I. He had me on the floor in about 10 seconds. My best defense is avoiding people and places where I might be on the losing end of a fight.
Yes, and most men who attack women do not give them a chance to use self defence moves. A man's fist to the face will knock most women to the floor.

JB said that it was someone walking by who called it in! Why hadn't the police been looking there on their own?
They searched the area, but the dogs did not pick up her scent. She was covered completely. They said I the press conference they were focused on the dumpsters and hadn’t returned to do a second search yet. In my experience PCSO is pretty competent.

DEC 7, 2021
Kathleen Moore: Body of missing Florida woman is positively identified; boyfriend arrested - CNN
[...]

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco said in a news conference Tuesday evening that her body was discovered about 50 yards Northeast of the home of her 30-year-old boyfriend Colin Knapp. ...

Nocco said a call came in from a citizen in the area around 11:30 a.m. local time this morning and that lead to the discovery. ...

[...]

Knapp told investigators the couple got into another argument at his home in New Port Richey after midnight, and Moore left before he went to the restaurant where he works "to complete a meat inventory order" around 1:30 a.m., Nocco said.

[...]

Body of Florida woman Kathleen Moore found near home of boyfriend charged with killing her | Fox News
[...]

She was found in a wooded area and was covered by thick brush in an area that was previously searched, he said.

[...]

"In my honest opinion, I believe he put the body there after they [investigators] searched [the area]," Billy Lane, one of the private investigators, told Fox News. "I think he took the body after they left, thinking ‘They’ll never come back.'"

The state of Moore's body also raised questions for Lane.

"There should have been more decomposition, a smell of decomposition and there have been more flies there than what there were, which makes me think he preserved the body somehow," he added.

[...]

Rest peacefully, Kit Kat.

g40001.gif

DEC 7, 2021
Kathleen Moore case: Body found in New Port Richey ID’d as missing Pinellas woman, Pasco sheriff says (tampabay.com)
[...]

The man told Pasco detectives he was living in a small camp behind Walgreens, and he found the phone in the trash around 11 a.m. Nov. 30. The man said he turned on the phone and its mobile data, and later got a phone call from a woman — Moore’s friend — saying the phone belonged to a missing person.

The man then gave the phone to a member of management at the Walgreens location. Detectives later learned there were no surveillance cameras facing the Walgreens dumpsters.

[...]

The detectives noticed a strong smell of cleaning chemicals in Knapp’s home, the complaint said. Knapp allowed the investigators to walk through the house, except for two rooms he said belonged to a roommate.

Detectives found no evidence of a struggle and didn’t see any cleaning supplies, the complaint said. One detective mentioned how clean Knapp’s house smelled, and he replied that it was his day off and he spent it cleaning.

[...]

Surveillance footage from Knapp’s neighbors shows a black Cadillac driving west on Carmel Avenue around 12:15 a.m. Nov. 29. The Cadillac was seen again at 12:21 a.m., like it had circled the block, the complaint said. The car was seen for the third time traveling east on Carmel Avenue around 1:20 a.m.

[...]

Detectives found inconsistencies in Knapp’s story, according to the complaint. Knapp previously told detectives he was too drunk to drive Moore to McDonald’s before she left on foot. But, they said, he could drive to his place of work at 1:15 a.m. He also made statements that an unknown person picked up Moore, not that she left on foot, as he initially told them.

[...]

... Knapp is seen going inside the restaurant and staying there until 1:53 a.m.

Detectives searched the dumpster, which is only used by the restaurant, and found black bags that were different from the mostly clear trash bags inside the dumpster. In the black bags, investigators found a black-and-gray bed comforter, a red bedsheet and a white mattress cover, all stained with what looked to be a significant amount of blood, according to the report.

Several other items believed to belong to Moore were found in the trash bags, including a debit card, car keys and a “Rugrats” sweatshirt, detectives said. Investigators also found a pair of brown work boots, a gray shirt and men’s gray cargo pants with blood on them, the complaint said.

Three different pillowcases that matched pillowcases photographed while searching Knapp’s house also were found.

[...]

... Detectives followed Knapp’s movements using a court-allowed tracker that was placed on his car, the complaint said. Detectives followed as Knapp drove north, out of the state.

[...]

Body found in New Port Richey identified as Kathleen Moore | wtsp.com
The area where Moore was discovered was searched with K-9s, air surveillance, drones and line searches. Nocco says factors like wind, weather and decomposition could have been behind why her body was not discovered sooner.

I'm so sorry Kathleen. This never should have happened to you. Rest Easy!

This was not the news I wanted to hear but expected. It appears the Uber wasn't relevant in the end after all. I hope the boyfriend is charged to the fullest. He is a repeat offender and has no business on the streets. He is a danger to women. This is so maddening. How many women have to suffer at the hands of these cowardly men? I think that self defense classes should be free for all girls, ladies and women.
Yeah, I think the Uber story was a lie told by her murderer.

Missing Largo woman's body found near home of boyfriend charged with her murder

“Investigators said there was no evidence of any rideshare companies, like Lyft or Uber, being dispatched in the area during that time.”

Florida man is arrested for MURDER of his missing girlfriend, body found hours later | Daily Mail Online

"The body of a woman who had been missing for a week was found by Florida police just hours after her boyfriend was arrested on suspicion of her murder.

Colin Knapp, 30, was arrested and charged with second-degree murder for the death of her 34-year-old on-and-off girlfriend Kathlyn Moore in Pasco County, near Tampa.

Moore's body was found in a remote wooded area Tuesday. It's unclear how she died, and no motive has been shared. Cops previously announced her death after finding her clothes with a huge quantity of the victim's blood splashed on them.

Knapp appeared in court on Tuesday before Moore's remains were found in a wooded area near Carmel Drive, 50 yards away from Knapp's home. He is being held without bond."

Isn't it strange that his clothes were all street clothes, yet she was obviously (to me) killed while in bed with the bedclothes and even the mattress protector bloodstained. I think that she was sick of his fighting and went to bed, but he wasn't finished with her. How dare she walk away!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back