DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
weartv.com

Police search for missing 32-year-old woman last seen in Pensacola on Wednesday

• Kayla Laray Atwood was last seen getting into a yellow Penske box truck on the 2300-block of W Belmont Street.
  • Her children were dropped off at school on 01/03/2024 and she never returned to pick them up.
  • Kayla is 5'5", around 170 pounds, and has long black braided hair with blonde in it. She also has "Linda" tattoo'd on her neck and other chest tattoos.
  • Contact PPD at (850)-435-1845 if you have information on her whereabouts.

Curious if they picked up the plate or truck number on the Penske truck, they should be able to track it back if it's a rental. Does Penske sell these at an auction? If so, do they remove their logos?

It looks like a magnetic business sign on the door, surely they can clear that up to read? Picture from your link @PommyMommy

1704664307264.png

Last edited:
Hopefully they have video and not just this still shot to get more clues and if she got in the truck willingly. Strange that the passenger door is already wide open as she is approaching the truck. Local news has not really been pushing this story as much as they did about the model who went missing here a few weeks ago (she was thankfully found safe - and just not wanting to return home). I hope this young woman is okay also.

As a side note, as far as I know most local public schools were still on holiday on Jan 3rd. I wonder if the media meant daycare instead of “school” ?

Hopefully they have video and not just this still shot to get more clues and if she got in the truck willingly. Strange that the passenger door is already wide open as she is approaching the truck. Local news has not really been pushing this story as much as they did about the model who went missing here a few weeks ago (she was thankfully found safe - and just not wanting to return home). I hope this young woman is okay also.

As a side note, as far as I know most local public schools were still on holiday on Jan 3rd. I wonder if the media meant daycare instead of “school” ?
<modsnip> Evidently the school her kids attend, started back on Wednesday, 1/3 - she dropped the kids off, then never picked them up. Not sure if that's accurate.

Here's her FB Page - Kayla Atwood

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious if they picked up the plate or truck number on the Penske truck, they should be able to track it back if it's a rental. Does Penske sell these at an auction? If so, do they remove their logos?

It looks like a magnetic business sign on the door, surely they can clear that up to read? Picture from your link @PommyMommy

View attachment 472895
If you look at Penske's website for trucks for sale they do show some similar to this vehicle with the logos still on them that are for sale. Penske Used Trucks

Was she picked up at the school or somewhere else? Who opened that passenger door for her? Driver? 3rd party? I am assuming they are looking into her cell phone, where is her car? Very scary. IMO

View attachment 472895
I cropped, enlarged, zoomed, etc. and I can't make out what's on the door, but it does look to me like there's a man in the driver's seat wearing a blue shirt. Does anyone else see that? My eyes are not the best. MOO

I cropped, enlarged, zoomed, etc. and I can't make out what's on the door, but it does look to me like there's a man in the driver's seat wearing a blue shirt. Does anyone else see that? My eyes are not the best. MOO

I think I agree. It looks like he's also wearing sunglasses & his head/face is turned toward her. (Do you see that too?)

I sure hope she's safe & that her kids are in good, caring hands right now.

MOO.

I see the blue for sure, can't make out if it's a man or not. I know during the holidays sometimes our mail and packages was delivered by smaller rental trucks. Just throwing that out there.

I did the same thing. I can’t read the sign on the truck. Let me look again to see if I see anything in drivers seat. I hope she is found safe soon! Her children need her and must be so scared! I really hope she is ok.

As a side note, I’m a little upset that this woman is not getting more news coverage. There was a beautiful young model missing a few weeks ago and our local news was all over it. Our local news has run a story of this missing woman also, but just a little blip - she deserves more coverage and the same teams who went searching for the model - should also be searching for this young lady. I pray she is ok.

problem is that it's a small image to begin with that has already been saved at least once (decreasing quality). (Though, at least, it doesn't look like a photo of a screen.) Hopefully there is a higher quality original screen grab they can release or have access to.

View attachment 472895
I used to work for Budget Trucks and they sold their old box trucks at auction but the auction was contracted by us to remove all logos and other branded items from it before releasing it.

Not sure if Penske is the same but I’d be fairly confident saying they do. MOO

Her first pinned post on FB has 42,000 likes, that's pretty incredible to me.

I don’t have a Facebook account (I know - I’m probably the only one in the world who doesn’t use Facebook). Are there any new updates? I haven’t been able to view any of the Facebook links posted due to not having an account.

Her last FB post was at 8:36 am the day she went missing...what time is she seen getting in the Penske truck and where did this take place? She has 4 children so were they all getting dropped off together and this is her leaving the school or was this later in the day in a different location? Did she get out of the Penske truck with the passenger door open and was just getting back in? Very little detail here.

Her last FB post was at 8:36 am the day she went missing...what time is she seen getting in the Penske truck and where did this take place? She has 4 children so were they all getting dropped off together and this is her leaving the school or was this later in the day in a different location? Did she get out of the Penske truck with the passenger door open and was just getting back in? Very little detail here.
Very little! And the local news has had no updates on this case which really bothers me. They didn’t even mention her on their IG page, but the pretty white girl, who THANKFULLY, was found safe - was mentioned all week - with pictures. I wish they would keep this story alive. Her children and family need answers. I hope she is ok.

After some digging, it looks like she dropped them off at daycare <modsnip> about 10 minutes away from the 2300 W Belmont address where she got in the Penske truck.

In the image of her there are clear parking space lines and the only thing I can see on that block with parking spaces is the Community Health Northwestern Florida center. If you zoom into the street level you can also see the telephone poles which you can see in the photo of her and they would most likely have surveillance video there. Did she maybe have an appt there?

She has a battery charge from 6/2/23 so I wonder if this was something domestic and she knew the person in the truck or if it was a stranger. I wouldn't think that a mother of 4 would just get in a box truck with a random person she didn't know but its certainly possible. Where is her car?

1704824978148.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Very little! And the local news has had no updates on this case which really bothers me. They didn’t even mention her on their IG page, but the pretty white girl, who THANKFULLY, was found safe - was mentioned all week - with pictures. I wish they would keep this story alive. Her children and family need answers. I hope she is ok.
BBM: sing it loud, so true, one of my soapbox issues.

KAYLA LARAY ATWOOD, where are you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back