Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bet they add railings around there now. They should have had them to begin with. Insomnia can cause someone to make odd decisions. Maybe she had some wine to help her sleep but it didn't work so she went for a walk. Fresh air can make you sleepy, work out the restless legs and then settle back into bed. It’s possible the edge, which does not appear raised, may have resembled a sidewalk in the dark. No doubt theres creatures in the water, snakes, gators, etc. She may have just slipped and not been able to climb back out.

In surveying the hotel grounds, it appears to me in the areas that are unfenced, it would take significant effort to enter the lake via planted vegetation, landscaping, etc.

Where I see the lake would be accessible is the sidewalk or pathway where people walk pets, jog around the lake but that access also requires leaving the hotel grounds. I just don't think that's plausible barefoot in pajamas.

I also understand that underneath the I-95 bridge, there are homeless camps as well as panhandlers on the sidewalk near the lake and the C-14 canal but again don't see any of this applicable around 2 - 4 AM hour.

Lastly, I don't think KG was venturing to the car park as there's been no mention of any car keys missing. In fact, it seems she left everything in the hotel room.

MOO

https://www.facebook.com/kelly.glover.5099/about?lst=1052051495:1420574699:1578821256

Married for about 15 months but was engaged to her husband for more than 13 years. I believe he'd know if she had history of sleep walking.

I think we're seeing some well intended cover for psych issue where KG was possibly traveling with a friend as a lifeline.

Depression does not discriminate -- nobody is exempt.

Interesting statement from family from this tweet from the CBS station - "Kelly, we love you and we know you didn't do this on purpose."

It sounds like maybe LE think it was suicide and family doesn't.

Sydney Glenn on Twitter
#UPDATE from @FLPD411 : the body discovered in the lake/pond @ Westin Ft Lauderdale is the missing Kelly Glover. Detectives don’t suspect any foul play and continue to investigate the incident. The exact cause of death will be determined by the Medical Examiners results.
3:53 PM - 11 Jan 2020 from Utah, USA

Ty Russell on Twitter (Video)
That was the message from relatives of a woman who disappeared in Ft Lauderdale. Shortly after, police confirmed Kelly Glover’s body was found in a pond. Foul play is not suspected. @CBSMiami
4:32 PM - 11 Jan 2020

"Kelly, we love you and we know you didn't do this on purpose."

In surveying the hotel grounds, it appears to me in the areas that are unfenced, it would take significant effort to enter the lake via planted vegetation, landscaping, etc.

Where I see the lake would be accessible is the sidewalk or pathway where people walk pets, jog around the lake but that access also requires leaving the hotel grounds. I just don't think that's plausible barefoot in pajamas.

I also understand that underneath the I-95 bridge, there are homeless camps as well as panhandlers on the sidewalk near the lake and the C-14 canal but again don't see any of this applicable around 2 - 4 AM hour.

Lastly, I don't think KG was venturing to the car park as there's been no mention of any car keys missing. In fact, it seems she left everything in the hotel room.

MOO
I can't think of any rational reason for her to go over there at 2 am. Why not just sit by the pool? I don't get it.

Interesting statement from family from this tweet from the CBS station - "Kelly, we love you and we know you didn't do this on purpose."

It sounds like maybe LE think it was suicide and family doesn't.
I don't want to think it was suicide but it's hard not to.

Except why leave the door propped open and the hotel room ajar?

MOO
I thought the same thing- you’d be clearly stepping on landscaped areas to get to the lake. Not difficult but not easy or inviting either.
Many nicer hotels skip fencing to maximize water views. Disney had no fencing at an Orlando beach hotel & a small child died in a gator attack a few years back. I’m really not thinking gator attack here, but who knows how close she got to that edge or if she went there willingly.

Not back in her room. Into the actual hotel.

If she was planning to go outside -have a smoke by the pool, couldn’t sleep, whatever- she would need to swipe her card to get back in.
That depends on the hotel. I often arrive very late to nice hotels and am always able to go in the front door without a swipe since I have no key.

Noting:

That friend, a realtor, has shared details on her own Facebook page. “Hi. Kelly Glover is missing. We are in Ft. Lauderdale Florida on a work trip and she slept walk out of the hotel room at 1:48 am yesterday morning and we have not been able to locate her. We have called the local police and have an investigation going. Please spread the word,” she wrote.

In a comment, she added, “She left the room at 1:48 am. I didn’t hear her leave and when I woke up at 4 am I saw the front door was ajar and got up to close it and noticed she wasn’t in her bed and then realized she wasn’t in the room. So I went to the front desk and then called the police. No cameras have her leaving the building. It’s just awful.”

and...

he also wrote, “So we were able to find a camera that confirmed she left the hotel with a white shawl on and a water bottle in her hand. We also had a canine sniff around and confirm her path in the hotel. It was so hard to watch a dog search for your missing friend. Right now the detectives are in a room and have been talking for 2 hours.

Maybe the friend shared some Ambien with KG so she knows that the incidence of sleepwalking, among other things, has occurred when taking this medication. Interesting that she's the only one who thinks she was sleepwalking.

Sharing this substance would be a crime. Maybe the detectives think there's more to the story as well and will just have to wait to see what the autopsy and toxicology report says. If KG doesn't have a script for the medication, they will be asking questions about how she obtained it.

Why is the indoor/outdoor pool and swimming being mentioned repeatedly as a possible reason for her to leave her room since she had no swim gear on or a towel with her? And it's too cold to swim in an outdoor pool in January at night, isn't it?

I'm sure the husband, roomie, or a family member would have mentioned if she was a smoker by this point since they addressed sleepwalking.

fllwi-walkway-1060-hor-clsc.jpg

Guard fencing surrounds hotel walkway

fllwi-seating-area-1061-hor-clsc.jpg

Covered patio guardrail prevents sitting/climbing over the wall.

fllwi-outdoor-pool-1055-hor-clsc.jpg

Fenced, landscaped, bulwark protection behind swimming pool.

The Westin Fort Lauderdale

Why is the indoor/outdoor pool and swimming being mentioned repeatedly as a possible reason for her to leave her room since she had no swim gear on or a towel with her? And it's too cold to swim in an outdoor pool in January at night, isn't it?

I'm sure the husband, roomie, or a family member would have mentioned if she was a smoker by this point since they addressed sleepwalking.
Maybe because the friend who was her roommate for the evening is saying she was sleepwalking?

I think the exit stairwell she was seen in probably opened to the pool patio area. Other than the lake is behind the hotel property and the pool, that's all I can think of.

Some MSM reports quoted her sister guessing she left her room to go to the pool. Links upstream...

That depends on the hotel. I often arrive very late to nice hotels and am always able to go in the front door without a swipe since I have no key.
As most of us do -- except here KG was barefoot and in her pj's. Probably why she used the exit stairs and not the elevator and main doors.

Not swim, sit by. Theory is she couldn’t sleep so decided to put on a shawl and go sit by the pool outside/get some fresh air/etc. The water bottle she took could be indicative that she planned to fill it up and sit or stroll outside. Most nice hotels inner walkways by pool areas are well lit, even in the middle of the night.

Fort Lauderdale weather isn’t chilly at night, even in January. Lows are in the high 60’s or low 70’s. Might not have been warm enough to swim but certainly fine enough weather to sit outside, especially with a shawl on.

Not swim, sit by. Theory is she couldn’t sleep so decided to put on a shawl and go sit by the pool outside/get some fresh air/etc. The water bottle she took could be indicative that she planned to fill it up and sit or stroll outside. Most nice hotels inner walkways by pool areas are well lit, even in the middle of the night.

Fort Lauderdale weather isn’t chilly at night, even in January. Lows are in the high 60’s or low 70’s. Might not have been warm enough to swim but certainly fine enough weather to sit outside, especially with a shawl on.
She also could have something other than water in the bottle.

I think she was sleepwalking and drowned, with the help of Ambien or Lunesta. Nothing else really makes sense. Jumping into a cold lake to take one’s life doesn’t seem plausible.

fllwi-walkway-1060-hor-clsc.jpg

Guard fencing surrounds hotel walkway

fllwi-seating-area-1061-hor-clsc.jpg

Covered patio guardrail prevents sitting/climbing over the wall.

fllwi-outdoor-pool-1055-hor-clsc.jpg

Fenced, landscaped, bulwark protection behind swimming pool.

The Westin Fort Lauderdale
That is a huge step-up for a gator to drag her in from the patio area and pretty hard to accidentally walk through the landscaping and into the water.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back