Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this has been answered by a ton of people already, but I thought I'd throw my $.02 in as well, RE diabetes/ pumps/ CGMs.

My 9 year old is T1D. She was diagnosed at age 2 and has worn a pump since she was 3. She does all of her diabetes care herself: blood sugar checks, site changes, everything. The most I do is ask if she's checked her blood sugar or what it was or tell her to do a site change. That's it. She's done it so long that it's second nature to her, and she's also very independent, and with a disease that she has no control over, it offers her at least some form of control in how it's managed. She knows when she's low (she says her hands shake and she feels "kind of dizzy but different".) If she says she is low, she is definitely low. Highs are a different story. If she's high but not too high, she will say she is high and take care of it by giving herself a bolus (of insulin). However, if she is very high, that is different. She becomes argumentative, angry, temperamental over absolutely nothing. Screaming, crying, throwing things.

I too wonder how long Logan had been diagnosed for. If he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, there is a very real possibility that he could have "lost it" during a high-- however at some point he would have had to realize he was high and bolused himself, or they would likely have found him in DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis, which will cause a coma in short measure). The other thought I have is that if he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, being a teenager, losing that control over your life and food choices when you are used to having it can be a very hard thing to handle. I've been in Diabetic Parent groups on and off for years and I remember a parent with a newly diagnosed teenager (14? 15?) who literally hid under her bed to avoid having to deal with taking her shots. Several others who would say they were taking care of it but would not. And there is-- believe it or not-- a new eating disorder called "diabullimia" where diabetic kids will purposely keep their blood sugars high to lose weight (high blood sugar causes weight loss). So if he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, it's very possible that there were some power struggles over his diabetes. Even if he had been diagnosed for a long time, he *still* could have not been taking care of it due to teenage power struggles. In fact, this happens even to older people. My best friend in high school (who was T1D) passed away last week from not taking care of his blood sugar, and we are early 30s.

Who knows, he may have been diagnosed at 2 like my daughter and just lost it on his grandma for some reason completely unrelated, or it could have been a million other things. I don't want to blame this on diabetes (being a parent of a diabetic) but that possibility is there also. Just a shame, all around. His parents obviously care about him, as did his grandmother. RIP, Kristina. You sounded like a wonderful person and did wonderful work. My heart is breaking for the families on both sides. The parents have now lost a son as well as dad's mother. <3

Action News Jax Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson said the two most important questions yet to be answered are how and when French was killed.

&#8220;This is an important case for the community to get to the bottom of this, because realize this: If Logan Mott is not the perpetrator, that means there is a killer on the loose in Jacksonville,&#8221; Carson said.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...trator-grandmothers-killer-is-loose/654744733

BBM: That is an odd statement. You'd think that if they were pretty sure it WAS LM, they would not even put this out there like that. I don't think I've ever seen a statement that reads quite like that. MOO

BBM: That is an odd statement. You'd think that if they were pretty sure it WAS LM, they would not even put this out there like that. I don't think I've ever seen a statement that reads quite like that. MOO
My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dale Carson is a criminal defense attorney, retired LE and may have inside info, but I doubt it. He made that statement as an expert on local news.

Nothing official about it.

But what is a law and safety expert? He is not part of the investigating team is he?

ETA. Jax beat me to it.

Dale Carson is a criminal defense attorney, retired LE and may have inside info, but I doubt it. He made that statement as an expert on local news.

Nothing official about it.

Thanks. I guess I mistakenly thought he was 'someone' in the know.

I'm used to him...not the first time I've heard him make statements (about other cases) that seem designed to stir up the public.

moo, of course

Based on statements/comments from LM attorney Serano and local news expert Carson, delay of the extradition hearing and secured / continued monitoring of the Seagate home, no COD, no statement of whereabouts of the missing guns, LE is as Carson stated “playing it close to the vest”. MOO, there are many twisted threads to this situation to be unraveled.

Based on statements/comments from LM attorney Serano and local news expert Carson, delay of the extradition hearing and secured / continued monitoring of the Seagate home, no COD, no statement of whereabouts of the missing guns, LE is as Carson stated &#8220;playing it close to the vest&#8221;. MOO, there are many twisted threads to this situation to be unraveled.

Does not seem very twisted to me. Boy takes grannie's car and drives thousands of miles and his grandmother is found dead where he fled from.
I can understand that it may have been an accident, that a boy ran from, but I can't understand why he would not tell the truth now, if it were an accident.

Based on statements/comments from LM attorney Serano and local news expert Carson, delay of the extradition hearing and secured / continued monitoring of the Seagate home, no COD, no statement of whereabouts of the missing guns, LE is as Carson stated &#8220;playing it close to the vest&#8221;. MOO, there are many twisted threads to this situation to be unraveled.

They release very little when a juvenile is involved IMO.

I live in the same super small town this is happening. I am actually at my boyfriends house (on the same street as the crime scene) right now. Wednesday afternoon there was a few cops, then more, then eventually roped off. They then just switched it to just the house roped off. I drove by during that time. Then they roped off the entire street again. Tonight it was all roped off, could see many cops and the mobile crime scene unit.
His Instagram account was up and public up until about an hour ago. Same w his dad & step mom (although now they're private- not gone completely.) I searched through all of it-- they all seem very normal and happy. They are very involved it seems. Dad and step mom posted a lot about Logan and Logan posted a lot with dad. They seemed to do a lot of activities together, one picture from august was them all having a game night and he looked very happy. So people saying they weren't involved.. don't think that's accurate. Also, from what I could see they were away at a friends wedding- which conflicts the idea that his dad just left for fun during thanksgiving. What I did notice was that Logan was very active on Instagram up until September. He hadn't posted anything since then.

Could be the fact he was unhappy in school like some are saying. Fletcher middle is across from his dads house and fletcher high school is a block away on the same street. 5 min walk from his house and they also have an advanced program. Sandalwood is a much... rougher school than fletcher. Do not see why he was sent there as opposed to fletcher.

Thank you! I've been catching up, and this is great info! Honestly, at this point in the thread, your post, #330^, it looks pretty bad for LM. The grandmother, KF, seemed to be a much loved, genuinely nice, human being. This is another strange one. I was unhappy in my school for twelve solid years, but I didn't kill my grandmother, and head for the Border. :notgood: That's just me though. I just ditched... :rolleyes: Can't do that these days. The dreaded phone call. Though it seems his school didn't call.

Maybe his sugar was "off". Sugar runs in my family, I've got it. It can make one rather ill-tempered if it starts wackin' out. Maybe he stopped using his insulin, his sugar went haywire, and he became enraged over something. Maybe it was accidental. It's not like he's really thinking about hiding her remains, either, unless he's truly insane, and it was some strange sort of staging, in hopes his father would discover the body.

From an the linked article about anger and diabetes:
"Since the hormones that regulate blood sugar also regulate stress levels, when your blood sugar is off, you can become enraged or depressed, which in turn makes it harder to regulate your blood sugar. Keeping track of your blood glucose levels may also help you determine how and when your anger affects your levels."

https://www.verywell.com/is-anger-at-a-spouse-normal-with-diabetes-1087327

Does not seem very twisted to me. Boy takes grannie's car and drives thousands of miles and his grandmother is found dead where he fled from.
I can understand that it may have been an accident, that a boy ran from, but I can't understand why he would not tell the truth now, if it were an accident.

“Logan adamantly denies being involved with his grandmother’s death,” Dominic Saraceno, a lawyer representing Logan, told the Daily New

“I would ask the public not to rush to judgement until a full investigation has been conducted,” Saraceno added.
We do not know that his statement isn’t factual or the truth. We may never know the truth. Until charged, tried and convicted, he is innocent. Isn’t that how the system works? The threads may never unravel. IMO

Licorice can do it too. Happened to a family member with no history, non diabetic and never had an issue since. He became shaky, pale, clammy and said "I feel faint". Always have my glucometer with me and he was 26!!! The only thing we can trace it back to is an idiopathic event which may have been precipitated by a bag of licorice. Weird!

Wow, how bizarre!!

Now I want some strawberry twizzlers. Lol

They release very little when a juvenile is involved IMO.

Agree. Very little information has been released. A bit puzzled by the delay on the extradition hearing, however it could be common in these type cases. MOO

@kirkassoc it is so interesting you mention Charlie Brandt because I just listened to a podcast about him last night & it was my first time hearing about him.

While I feel confident that Logan killed Kristina, I don’t put any stock in high school students who have known Logan since September making comments. They side-eye 75% of the population.

We know that killers are often able to seem 100% normal until they’re actually, ya know, killing someone.

I was just about to search for any podcasts about this guy, can you tell me which one you listened to?

“Logan adamantly denies being involved with his grandmother’s death,” Dominic Saraceno, a lawyer representing Logan, told the Daily New

“I would ask the public not to rush to judgement until a full investigation has been conducted,” Saraceno added.
We do not know that his statement isn’t factual or the truth. We may never know the truth. Until charged, tried and convicted, he is innocent. Isn’t that how the system works? The threads may never unravel. IMO

It’s just hard to reconcile “adamantly had nothing to do with her death” with her being found in a shallow grave in the backyard and him stealing her car and driving to the Canadian border.

I’m like, ok, explain why you did those things then? Are we supposed to believe it was just coincidental that his grandmother was murdered at the exact same time he decided to become a runaway?

I have dealt with diabetics having low blood sugar and they can be somewhat combative but are usually easily redirected. And that’s usually only a brief period of time because either the sugar gets lower and they become unresponsive or it gets higher and they snap out of it.

I understand his mama wanting to believe this was a medical event, but it’s sooooo unlikely. I think a mental health crisis is definitely possible but not a diabetic incident.

It&#8217;s just hard to reconcile &#8220;adamantly had nothing to do with her death&#8221; with her being found in a shallow grave in the backyard and him stealing her car and driving to the Canadian border.

I&#8217;m like, ok, explain why you did those things then? Are we supposed to believe it was just coincidental that his grandmother was murdered at the exact same time he decided to become a runaway?

I have dealt with diabetics having low blood sugar and they can be somewhat combative but are usually easily redirected. And that&#8217;s usually only a brief period of time because either the sugar gets lower and they become unresponsive or it gets higher and they snap out of it.

I understand his mama wanting to believe this was a medical event, but it&#8217;s sooooo unlikely. I think a mental health crisis is definitely possible but not a diabetic incident.

I agree. If he is so adamant that he is not responsible for her death, then he would surely be quick to explain why he took her car and headed for the Canadian border. It is surely not a coincidence.

I agree. If he is so adamant that he is not responsible for her death, then he would surely be quick to explain why he took her car and headed for the Canadian border. It is surely not a coincidence.

To his attorney LM may very well have explained why he took the vehicle. The attorney did state “it doesn’t look good”. As I’m not an attorney and this is MOO, if your client is professing “uninvolved” and the facts/ results of the investigation haven’t been released it you to review wouldn’t it be premature to take those comments to the media?

I know this has been answered by a ton of people already, but I thought I'd throw my $.02 in as well, RE diabetes/ pumps/ CGMs.

My 9 year old is T1D. She was diagnosed at age 2 and has worn a pump since she was 3. She does all of her diabetes care herself: blood sugar checks, site changes, everything. The most I do is ask if she's checked her blood sugar or what it was or tell her to do a site change. That's it. She's done it so long that it's second nature to her, and she's also very independent, and with a disease that she has no control over, it offers her at least some form of control in how it's managed. She knows when she's low (she says her hands shake and she feels "kind of dizzy but different".) If she says she is low, she is definitely low. Highs are a different story. If she's high but not too high, she will say she is high and take care of it by giving herself a bolus (of insulin). However, if she is very high, that is different. She becomes argumentative, angry, temperamental over absolutely nothing. Screaming, crying, throwing things.

I too wonder how long Logan had been diagnosed for. If he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, there is a very real possibility that he could have "lost it" during a high-- however at some point he would have had to realize he was high and bolused himself, or they would likely have found him in DKA (diabetic ketoacidosis, which will cause a coma in short measure). The other thought I have is that if he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, being a teenager, losing that control over your life and food choices when you are used to having it can be a very hard thing to handle. I've been in Diabetic Parent groups on and off for years and I remember a parent with a newly diagnosed teenager (14? 15?) who literally hid under her bed to avoid having to deal with taking her shots. Several others who would say they were taking care of it but would not. And there is-- believe it or not-- a new eating disorder called "diabullimia" where diabetic kids will purposely keep their blood sugars high to lose weight (high blood sugar causes weight loss). So if he hadn't been diagnosed for very long, it's very possible that there were some power struggles over his diabetes. Even if he had been diagnosed for a long time, he *still* could have not been taking care of it due to teenage power struggles. In fact, this happens even to older people. My best friend in high school (who was T1D) passed away last week from not taking care of his blood sugar, and we are early 30s.

Who knows, he may have been diagnosed at 2 like my daughter and just lost it on his grandma for some reason completely unrelated, or it could have been a million other things. I don't want to blame this on diabetes (being a parent of a diabetic) but that possibility is there also. Just a shame, all around. His parents obviously care about him, as did his grandmother. RIP, Kristina. You sounded like a wonderful person and did wonderful work. My heart is breaking for the families on both sides. The parents have now lost a son as well as dad's mother. <3
Thank you. I found this very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members