Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the text from grandma's phone? I must've missed that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It was sent to Eric Logan (Tuesday evening) telling him that "she" and Logan would be picking them up at the airport on Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

What was the text from grandma's phone? I must've missed that.

You know, I wonder if he answered or sent other texts to the school perhaps
w/ her phone.

Campbell-Mott, who lives in Missouri, told WJAX that Logan's father, who is her ex-husband and French's son, last heard from French via text on Tuesday when she confirmed she would pick him up at the airport the following day.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/logan-...after-body-believed-to-be-grandmothers-found/
Which means anyone who had access to the phone could have sent it. If the dad texted, is everything still set for picking us up tomorrow? You only need to text back - yes or we'll be there

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Which means anyone who had access to the phone could have sent it. If the dad texted, is everything still set for picking us up tomorrow? You only need to text back - yes or we'll be there

Very true. I really don't want this kid to be the killer.

When I first saw this story, I immediately thought of Charlie Brandt (because of LM's age). CB was 13 when he killed his 8 mo. pregnant Mom, shot his dad 3 times in the back and tried to kill his 15 yr old sister (gun jammed). He came from a loving home, adored his Mom, made good grades in school,etc. Even the psychiatrists couldn't figure him out. He was sent to an institution (for ONE YEAR), and his dad begged for his release, and they released him. BAD MISTAKE! He went on to become an engineer, get married and, though no one knew it at the time, continued killing. Such a horrid, awful story! He said he did not know why he did it. His sister lived in fear all of her life afraid he would come back. You can find his story on yt. It's one of many I'll never forget.

And, I am in NO WAY saying LM is a kindred spirit to CB, but sometimes people are just plain evil (Ted Bundy, etc), and there's no explanation for it.

JMO, MOO, etc. Food for thought

Thank you ALL for the diabetes/insulin tutorial!

The pump sounds like it takes a lot of tending. I can easily see a 15yo kid slacking off.

I will need to ponder... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's why I think Grandma was staying with him while the father was away - to make sure he was taking care of himself in regards to the insulin (and to keep an eye on him in general).

jmopinion

Right. But the homework texts to the student in Logan's class is more problematic for Logan, imo. Because a kidnapper/killer is not going to answer texts about homework, imo.

I'd like to know more about those texts.

When I first saw this story, I immediately thought of Charlie Brandt (because of LM's age). CB was 13 when he killed his 8 mo. pregnant Mom, shot his dad 3 times in the back and tried to kill his 15 yr old sister (gun jammed). He came from a loving home, adored his Mom, made good grades in school,etc. Even the psychiatrists couldn't figure him out. He was sent to an institution (for ONE YEAR), and his dad begged for his release, and they released him. BAD MISTAKE! He went on to become an engineer, get married and, though no one knew it at the time, continued killing. Such a horrid, awful story! He said he did not know why he did it. His sister lived in fear all of her life afraid he would come back. You can find his story on yt. It's one of many I'll never forget.

And, I am in NO WAY saying LM is a kindred spirit to CB, but sometimes people are just plain evil (Ted Bundy, etc), and there's no explanation for it.

JMO, MOO, etc. Food for thought

I know. Nothing makes sense to me. I keep waiting to read about how he abused animals or lit fires, but all I've been reading about are a cadet character award and how loving he is from his childhood nanny. Although there's only a limited amount of people that we are getting info from. The news reported today (News4Jax) that this is still the most frequently read story on their website.

Questions remain as grandmother's body ID'd, grandson detained

Lawyer: Teen says he had nothing to do with death of grandmother

https://www.news4jax.com/news/l-1

Mott was scheduled for a 2 p.m. hearing Monday to talk about extradition possibilities, but the hearing was reportedly delayed until 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. Mott can waive or fight extradition back to Florida

Mott's attorney, Dominic Saraceno, said his client adamantly denies having anything to do with French's death.

“He was one of the most polite 15-year-old kids I’ve ever met,” Saraceno told CNN.

“It would just be very shocking to me if someone from his background with his lack of criminal history could have gotten himself involved with something of this nature.”

"Mott's attorney, Dominic Saraceno, said his client adamantly denies having anything to do with French's death.

“He was one of the most polite 15-year-old kids I’ve ever met,” Saraceno told CNN. “It would just be very shocking to me if someone from his background with his lack of criminal history could have gotten himself involved with something of this nature.”"

snipped

"Campbell-Mott sent video to News4Jax on Monday, showing her 15-year-old son holding his younger half-brother and half-sister and talking with them.

The video showed a side of Mott that many people told News4Jax they recognized, adding that they have been shocked by what police say happened at the Neptune Beach home.

“He is a very nice person,” Sandalwood High student Camila Garcia said. “Very respectful to everybody, to his peers.”

A group of ROTC students at Sandalwood High said they didn’t know Mott but admitted that the case is the talk of the school.

“It just doesn’t make sense to me,” Jasmin Gerrie said."

snipped

"A former crime scene detective who was with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for 30 years and worked more than 500 homicides told News4Jax that no two cases are alike." (Michael LaForte)

snipped

""LaForte said police will keep details close to their vest because they don’t want to spoil the case, especially if there’s a confession or if anyone else was involved.

“There’s always going to be some piece of physical evidence the suspect left behind, overlooked and didn't think about, and that’s what’s going to put the top on it,” LaForte said.

LaForte said evidence inside and outside this home will likely lead investigators to the truth about what happened.

“Not cooperating is always a factor, so you are going to have to rely on the physical evidence,” LaForte said of Mott denying involvement. “And that’s where you’ve got to go really slow, be methodical in your approach.”

LaForte said it’s very important that detectives get the investigation right, especially because it will likely be a long court case."

It may not even apply here, but I'm always reminded of how charming sociopaths can be. This case is so perplexing.

He sounds smart,charming and polite and has many believing him.All I'll say is I'm glad he was caught now and hope he's kept away from society.This kid would have some disturbing future on the streets IMO.

Comments on local Jax-area news sites on FB already referencing classmates who have avoided him because "something seemed off about him." I am afraid this is the news we will start hearing now.

"Mott's attorney, Dominic Saraceno, said his client adamantly denies having anything to do with French's death.

“He was one of the most polite 15-year-old kids I’ve ever met,” Saraceno told CNN. “It would just be very shocking to me if someone from his background with his lack of criminal history could have gotten himself involved with something of this nature.”"

snipped

"Campbell-Mott sent video to News4Jax on Monday, showing her 15-year-old son holding his younger half-brother and half-sister and talking with them.

The video showed a side of Mott that many people told News4Jax they recognized, adding that they have been shocked by what police say happened at the Neptune Beach home.

“He is a very nice person,” Sandalwood High student Camila Garcia said. “Very respectful to everybody, to his peers.”

A group of ROTC students at Sandalwood High said they didn’t know Mott but admitted that the case is the talk of the school.

“It just doesn’t make sense to me,” Jasmin Gerrie said."

snipped

"A former crime scene detective who was with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for 30 years and worked more than 500 homicides told News4Jax that no two cases are alike." (Michael LaForte)

snipped

""LaForte said police will keep details close to their vest because they don’t want to spoil the case, especially if there’s a confession or if anyone else was involved.

“There’s always going to be some piece of physical evidence the suspect left behind, overlooked and didn't think about, and that’s what’s going to put the top on it,” LaForte said.

LaForte said evidence inside and outside this home will likely lead investigators to the truth about what happened.

“Not cooperating is always a factor, so you are going to have to rely on the physical evidence,” LaForte said of Mott denying involvement. “And that’s where you’ve got to go really slow, be methodical in your approach.”

LaForte said it’s very important that detectives get the investigation right, especially because it will likely be a long court case."

It may not even apply here, but I'm always reminded of how charming sociopaths can be. This case is so perplexing.

This *and I'm reminded of the overwhelming unbelief that friends of Charlie Brandt, serial killer (began his career at 13 yrs) expressed when he was exposed. Denial is par for the course (still, talking in general regarding sociopaths, psychos, etc., and not in particular about LM). Food for thought in this most perplexing case. JMO, MOO

@kirkassoc it is so interesting you mention Charlie Brandt because I just listened to a podcast about him last night & it was my first time hearing about him.

While I feel confident that Logan killed Kristina, I don’t put any stock in high school students who have known Logan since September making comments. They side-eye 75% of the population.

We know that killers are often able to seem 100% normal until they’re actually, ya know, killing someone.

Right. But the homework texts to the student in Logan's class is more problematic for Logan, imo. Because a kidnapper/killer is not going to answer texts about homework, imo.

I'd like to know more about those texts.
I have no link but I was under the impression that the homework question was via LM's FB.

Action News Jax Law and Safety Expert Dale Carson said the two most important questions yet to be answered are how and when French was killed.

“This is an important case for the community to get to the bottom of this, because realize this: If Logan Mott is not the perpetrator, that means there is a killer on the loose in Jacksonville,” Carson said.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...trator-grandmothers-killer-is-loose/654744733

I'm not saying this is the case here but Ted Bundy was also "a great guy" to many... I hope there is remorse on the part of the killer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties