Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - she was not elderly but in her early 50s. A young grandma for a 15yo grandson. Logan's parents were likely teens/early 20s when they had Logan.
I can't get over how beautiful the picture of her is.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I think he'd probably been fantasising about murdering someone for a while. I'm just glad LE managed to capture him without a massacre taking place. He went to his dad's house for more guns!

Does this really matter???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Absolutely.
Not changing your name because you want to stay the same as your kid is one thing. But having another kid that actually lives with you while you're married to their dad is kinda weird if you don't change your name to match THAT kid.
Imo
I think it demonstrates a lot of the WHY

I think he'd probably been fantasising about murdering someone for a while. I'm just glad LE managed to capture him without a massacre taking place. He went to his dad's house for more guns!

He lived in his dad's house, with his grandmother, father and stepmother.

Absolutely.
Not changing your name because you want to stay the same as your kid is one thing. But having another kid that actually lives with you while you're married to their dad is kinda weird if you don't change your name to match THAT kid.
Imo

Forgive me if I'm remembering incorrectly, but I thought her name was hyphenated?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Completely irrelevant. They can all change their names to Smitty Werbenmanjensen, it's irrelevant. And in this day and age, many if not most kids are raised in divorced households, if their parents bother to get married at all.

We have seen nothing to indicate that the parents are anything but normal, loving parents, both of whom were active and involved, and with a loving grandparent as well. There is, at least so far, absolutely nothing to indicate that this family was anything other than normal. No family is perfect, no doubt they had their issues, but with all the cases here where the parents are truly horrible, abusive, neglectful, I'm shocked at the undercurrent of blame here.

15 is plenty old enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and plenty young enough to make poor, impulsive decisions without thinking of the consequences.

There's obviously much we don't know, but I, for one, have nothing but compassion and sympathy for these parents who have just had their souls ripped out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Great post and I agree.

Absolutely.
Imo

The why what? Are you saying it caused the kid to freak out and murder his grandmother? Because his mom didn’t change her name?

Absolutely.
Imo

Can you be more explicit as to what you are finding suspicious about the naming convention in this family? I have 2 friends who each have children with an ex-spouse, who are now remarried, with children with the new spouse, and have kept their last name from their first marriage. Well, one hyphenated her last name to include her previous married name and her new name. The other still goes by the last name that her oldest children share. I'm not understanding why this is odd or has a broader implication? What are you insinuating?

He lived in his dad's house, with his grandmother, father and stepmother.

He lived with his dad. The grandmother was staying with him while dad was out of town. Grandma had her house which was the second home that LE was investigating. This article states that she had recently moved in, but she did have her own home, separate from the dad. Also, I do not think he had a stepmother, per say, it was his dad's girlfriend.

The second crime scene in the search for a local teenager and his grandmother is located in the Oak Harbor neighborhood of Mayport.Police have been posted outside on Thanksgiving Day of the listed address for Kristina French all day Thursday.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...-continues-for-her-and-her-grandson/652723152

What do y'all think happened here?

No idea. Can't really even come up with any good theories or ideas that haven't been mentioned already.

He seemed to be headed to Canada, but how well thought out or planned was that? He didn't even have a driver's license; did he have a state ID? You need that and a copy of birth certificate to get into Canada I believe. Or a passport or passport card. Did he have any of those things on him?

WS is a victim-friendly site, and the mom is a victim in this case. I'm not telling anyone how to post, but picking on someone because of her name doesn't seem victim-friendly.

jmo

No idea. Can't really even come up with any good theories or ideas that haven't been mentioned already.

He seemed to be headed to Canada, but how well thought out or planned was that? He didn't even have a driver's license; did he have a state ID? You need that and a copy of birth certificate to get into Canada I believe. Or a passport or passport card. Did he have any of those things on him?

He turned his car around when he realized he was on the bridge to Canada. That's why border LE stopped him - he made an illegal U-turn.

jmo

I'm not quite sure what to think yet. If it's drugs, I'm thinking Rx drugs. Perhaps he "went off his meds" - though I realize there has been no mention he was on Rx drugs (other than insulin).

I think the kid was super frustrated, but what prompted the frustration to burst violently like that, IDK yet.

jmopinion at the moment
Quite possible. There was mention of him having some difficulty with the transition to high school, perhaps he was on anti depressants or anti anxiety meds. If he stopped taking them cold turkey, it can really mess up your thinking and emotional stability.

I haven’t seen any info showing that this is anything other than an unfortunate accident and a fear based flight at this point.

I am remaining open minded until we hear some actual facts, but murder fantasies, meth addiction (despite the kid going to a charter school and worrying about homework due), etc. all seem to be premature and really far fetched.

WS is a victim-friendly site, and the mom is a victim in this case. I'm not telling anyone how to post, but picking on someone because of her name doesn't seem victim-friendly.

jmo
I wasn't picking on her.
I was mentioning that maybe she is possibly a bit more attached to Logan, and he might have used that to his advantage, thinking he could always count on her to understand him more than anyone else could.
This is just my opinion while trying to figure out how a kid could get himself in this sort of predicament.
When did we stop trying to figure out the WHY?

I wasn't picking on her.
I was mentioning that maybe she is possibly a bit more attached to Logan, and he might have used that to his advantage, thinking he could always count on her to understand him more than anyone else could.
This is just my opinion while trying to figure out how a kid could get himself in this sort of predicament.
When did we stop trying to figure out the WHY?

I don't think her name has anything to do with how attached she is to her children.

Again, just throwing stuff out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads