GUILTY FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Minor Grandson Arrested* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The date and update of the article above was May 2021. Wonder where he is now. Prison hopefully.
Jacksonville teen in jail for killing grandmother arrested after alcohol found in cell
5/27/2021
According to an arrest report, Logan Mott was arrested in November [2020] at the Department of Juvenile Justice lockup in Citrus County where he was serving time as a juvenile.
[...]
Mott was subsequently charged with one count of the introduction of contraband into a correctional facility.

In February, he pleaded no contest and was sentenced to one year in prison. Mott, now 18, was then sent to the Department of Corrections.

Florida Department of Corrections
Inmate Population Information Detail
DC Number: Q80700
Name: MOTT, LOGAN T
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 08/21/2002
Initial Receipt Date: 12/20/2019
Current Facility: LAKE CITY C.F.
Current Custody: MEDIUM
Current Release Date: 08/22/2032

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
11/20/2017 2ND DEG.MURD,DANGEROUS ACT 12/19/2019 DUVAL 1710920 15Y 0M 0D
11/12/2020 CONTRA JUV FACILITY 02/10/2021 CITRUS 2001275 1Y 0M 1D

Unfortunately, I can not access this article... EU rules.

In my notes I have this -
12/19/19 Update: Mott was sentenced Thursday to 15 years. Prosecutors agreed to waive a 25-year mandatory minimum sentence (since Mott plead guilty) & let him serve part of his sentence in a juvenile facility until he turns 21 years old with the remainder to be served in prison. Current Release Date: 08/22/2032.

So does the article he will NOT have to serve the remainder of his 15 years in prison? He turns 21 on 8/21/23.

I believe, based on the article, he will not get additional time for brewing "hooch" while in the juvenile facility. His sentence of 15 years stands, and he will be transferred to an adult prison when he turns 21.

The judge cited "mitigating circumstances" when sentencing him to the 15 years during a plea arrangement instead of the 40 asked for by prosecutors.

I believe, based on the article, he will not get additional time for brewing "hooch" while in the juvenile facility. His sentence of 15 years stands, and he will be transferred to an adult prison when he turns 21.

The judge cited "mitigating circumstances" when sentencing him to the 15 years during a plea arrangement instead of the 40 asked for by prosecutors.

Okay - that makes sense! Thanks for the explanation! :)

How would my fellow WSers summarize this case, I wonder?
Pretty good kid. Issues at home. Got into nonsense on the internet. Tragedy ensued.
There’s a case on here right now where a seemingly good kid murdered his mother. No motive has been given as far as I know.
Interested to see if these cases end up similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back