FL FL - Laurel Rogers, 28, Port Orange, 1 Feb 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a tidbit from a 2010 story on Rogers' disappearance:

Rogers vanished between 7:30 and 8 p.m. Feb. 1, her mother said. Her younger brother John Peterson was exercising on a workout bench outside when Rogers supposedly grabbed her purse and went out. Surmaczewicz said Rogers either got a ride with someone or walked away.

"She just walked out and never returned," Lauretta Rogers said. "She left her medication behind, and she would never leave it behind if she was going to stay somewhere or leave for a long period of time."

------------

Now, I can't link that for ya because it's from the paid archives for the paper. I happen to have access. There's a lot more info in there. She has lupus. She also was charged in 2009 with grand theft and the state attorney's office, by mere coincidence, filed charges against her the day after she disappeared for filing a false police report in 2009. It was related to an incident at her home, but police didn't say what that was.

Police found a body in the back yard of James Maxwell. He is a suspect, and police believe they know who the body is. It may be Laurel Rogers. She lived just 1.5 miles from Maxwell. I noticed that there is a sidewalk in front of his yard. I don't whether she ever went on walks. She lived very close to Clyde Morris Boulevard. That's a relatively busy road.

According to the press conference, they obtained a search warrant after two individuals tipped LE that Maxwell made some statements about their plans to dig in the yard to deal with a plumbing problem. Apparently, he didn't want them digging in the yard. Police hired a company to do radar testing of the soil and discovered what appeared to be a body. They dug today and removed the remains of an adult. Details of the search warrant will be public in about a week. They expect testing to take a month. Then they will notify next of kin and release details on the body.

Amazing after all that time! Prayers to the family if this does in fact turned out to be Laurel.

Well, it sounds like someone will get some closure. I want to note that, although police believe they know the identity, they have not said anything about Laurel. That is purely my own speculation.

This is the suspect and the address (highlighted in red)
(The DOB might be wrong, but it is the right address, however it is listed as Daytona Beach, but it is in fact Port Orange)

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
about James L Maxwell
Name: James L Maxwell
Birth Date: 1 Sep 1969
Phone Number: 756-6691
Address: 180 Brandy Hill Dr, Daytona Beach, FL, 32119 (1994)
[4064 Halifax Dr Apt 14, Wilbur By The Sea, FL, 32127-4530]
[1225 Kennedy Rd Apt 6, Daytona Beach, FL, 32117-4160 (1994)]

This is the suspect and the address (highlighted in red)
(The DOB might be wrong, but it is the right address, however it is listed as Daytona Beach, but it is in fact Port Orange)

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
about James L Maxwell
Name: James L Maxwell
Birth Date: 1 Sep 1969
Phone Number: 756-6691
Address: 180 Brandy Hill Dr, Daytona Beach, FL, 32119 (1994)
[4064 Halifax Dr Apt 14, Wilbur By The Sea, FL, 32127-4530]
[1225 Kennedy Rd Apt 6, Daytona Beach, FL, 32117-4160 (1994)]

Hold on. Are those other addresses his, too?

One of those prior addresses for Maxwell concerned me. It put him in the area where 4-5 women have been found murdered in Daytona Beach. But further inspection shows that Maxwell was not released from prison until March 2006. The first three murders took place from December 2005 to February 2006. He could have committed the crimes while on work release or something, but he wouldn't have lived at the Daytona Beach address at that point. So I'm ruling out Maxwell as the possible Daytona Beach serial killer. I'm not ready to rule him out of involvement in Laurel's disappearance.

I had the distance pegged at about 1.5 miles. Laurel's family says it is less than 1 mile. But they also said that they have not had contact with LE and do not believe the body is Laurel. It seems like people sometimes bury family members in the yard. So, I suppose it could be a family member who was thought to have run away or left the family.

I had the distance pegged at about 1.5 miles. Laurel's family says it is less than 1 mile. But they also said that they have not had contact with LE and do not believe the body is Laurel. It seems like people sometimes bury family members in the yard. So, I suppose it could be a family member who was thought to have run away or left the family.

Well still interesting and glad it brought Laurel's story out a bit.

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Volusia-County-FL/Laurel-Lea-Rogers.2205003.html

Laurel-Lea-Rogers_mugshot.400x800.jpg

Laurel Lea Rogers
The following Official Record of Laurel Lea Rogers is being redistributed by Mugshots.com under the Freedom of Information Act. This Official Record was collected from a Law Enforcement agency on 12/22/2011.

Mugshots.com ID: 2205003
Current Community Supervision History:
Offense Date Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Community Supervision Length
12/15/2008 GRAND THEFT,300 L/5,000 12/02/2009 VOLUSIA 0932569 2Y 6M 0D

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Hillsborough-County-FL/Laurel-Lea-Rogers.2426017.html

Laurel-Lea-Rogers_mugshot.400x800.jpg

Laurel Lea Rogers
The following Official Record of Laurel Lea Rogers is being redistributed by Mugshots.com under the Freedom of Information Act. This Official Record was collected from a Law Enforcement agency on 7/04/2011. Address herein provided within Official Records, visualization provided by Google Maps.

Booking No: 09061959
Mugshots.com ID: 2426017
Charges:
No. Charge Description Class Court DISP Bond BP Fine Custody Days Charge Count Charge Type Report # CT-Case # Date Agency OBTS Number Charge Code CRA Number Remark
1 PETIT THEFT ($100 OR LESS) M2 31 SURETY BOND $250.00 B 1 1 PROBABLE CAUSE 09616828 0919152 11/11/2009 HCSO 2901236816 THEF1011 1402713

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=32388&case_nbr=

GetImage.asp

Florida Department of Law Enforcement
Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse
Missing Adult
LAUREL LEA ROGERS
Date Missing:* **2/1/2010
Missing From:***Port Orange,FL County:***VOLUSIA
Age Disappeared:***28 yrs 7 months
Height: *** 5' 07" Race:*** White Hair:***Lt. Brown
Weight: ***155 Sex:***Female Eyes:***Blue
Narrative: Laurel was last seen in the Port Orange Florida area.

America's Most Wanted profile for Laurel:

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=77635

Case:

Woman Disappears From Her Fla. Home
On Feb. 1, 2010, cops say 28-year-old Laurel Lea Rogers disappeared from her home in Port Orange, Fla. Her family didn’t waste any time reporting her missing, which they did the next day after she didn’t answer her phone or return any calls.

Cops say it is unknown whether Laurel left her house on foot or in a vehicle, but her car had been broken down. They say it would be extremely unlikely that Laurel would take off without contacting her mother.

Laurel was seen on surveillance video on Feb. 1, 2010, around 4:45 p.m. at a store in Daytona Beach near the corner of Beville and Nova Roads. She was wearing a purple T-shirt with a vertical design on the front, layered over a lavender long-sleeved shirt. She was wearing jeans and white shoes. Cops say Laurel often wears a necklace with two ring charms.

Laurel is a white female with blue eyes. She stands 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 150 pounds. She has sandy blond hair that she usually wears pulled back in a ponytail. Cops do not believe she has any tattoos.
She suffers from lupus, and cops say she did not have her medication with her.

Investigators have been hard at work trying to locate Laurel Lea Rogers. Now it’s your turn to help. If you have any information on the disappearance of Laurel, call our Hotline right away at 1-800-CRIME-TV. Remember, you can remain anonymous.

Profile:

Laurel Lea Rogers
Report a Tip
Comment****
Share on emailShare on twitterShare on facebookShare on diggMore Sharing Services
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair (Color, Description, Facial Hair):
Sandy Blonde
Eyes:
Blue
Scars and Tattoos:
Laurel has no known tattoos.
Port Orange , FL
Laurel was last seen by her family in her Port Orange, Fla., home.
Last Known Locations:
Port Orange , FL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member