Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Scars on both wrists
due to a fall.
Medical Conditions: Lupus/ Fiber Mi-alga/ Seizures
Clothing: Black, G Unit brand hooded zip up jacket
with small multi colored "G"'s on the front, purple short sleeve
shirt with a white design over a purple long sleeve shirt, light
blue denim jeans, black tennis shoes with white trim
Jewelry: - 20" gold rope necklace with two rings.
Multiple rings on all of her fingers.
AKA: LaLa/ Lo
Case Number: 2010- 000989
Details of Disappearance
On February 1, 2010 at 1730- Laurel Rogers was last seen at her residence by her brother. Her brother went out on the back porch to workout and when he returned Laurel Rogers was gone.

Phone recordes indicate that the last activity was on 02/02/10 at 1845 hours when Laurel's phone called one of her friends and an unknown male named "Jamal" advised that Laurel left her phone with him and she was with two unknown males named Kenny and Breezy. There has been no bank activity on Laurel's bank accounts and no further phone activity.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Port Orange Police Department
Detective Scott Brozio
(386) 756-7400

Source Information

NamUs file:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5202/2/

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Laurel
Middle name
Lea
Last name
Rogers
Nickname/Alias
LaLa or Lo
Date LKA
February 02, 2010 19:15
Date entered
02/25/2010
Age LKA
28 to 28 years old
Age now
31 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Other
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
68.0 to 70.0
Weight (pounds)
150.0 to 160.0

Circumstances

City
Port Orange
State
Florida
Zip code
County
Volusia
Circstances Laurel Rogers was last seen at her residence by her brother on 02/01/2010 at approximately 1720 hours. Brother went into the backyard and when he returned Laurel Rogers was gone. It is believed that Laurel Rogers was possibly picked up by one of her friends in from of the residence or left the residence on foot to be picked up at the local convenience store. Limited phone activity on the night of 02/01/2010 and a friend received a suspicious phone call from Laurel's cellphone on 02/02/2010 at 1843 hours at which point a suspicious male named "Jamal" spoke to the friend. There has been no phone activity on the phone since this call and there has been no bank activity since 01/29/2010.

Physical
Hair color
Sandy
Head hair
straight- to the middle of her back
Body hair
Facial hair
Left eye color
Blue
Right eye color
Blue
Eye description

No known distinctive body features

Distinctive features as described below

Amputations

Deformities

Scars and marks
Scars on both of her wrists from a fall

Tattoos

Piercings
Ears

Artificial body parts
and aids

Finger and toe nails

Other distinctive
physical characteristics
Medical

Foreign objects

Skeletal information

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing and accessories are unknown

Clothing and accessories are described below
Clothing
*Black, G Unit brand, hooded zip- up jacket with small "G" multi colored designs on the front
*Purple short sleeve shirt with a white design over a gray or purple long sleeve shirt
*Light blue denim jeans
Footwear
*Black tennis shoes with white trim
Jewelry
* Gold rope necklace approximately 20" in length with 2 rings
Laurel wears multiple rings on her fingers
Eyewear
none
Accessories
Black, Nine West brand, purse with a silver trim purse has a magnetic snap closure on top

Transportation Methods
Vehicle make
Vehicle model
Year
Style
Vehicle color
Tag type
Tag number
Tag state
Expiration year
Vehicle comments
Airline
Bus

Dental
Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA
Guidelines for Collection of DNA
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Fingerprint Information
Fingerprint information is available and entered

Police Information
Title
Detective
First name
Serena
Last name
Besuden
Phone
386-756-7400
Email
sbesuden@port-orange.org
Website
Case number
2010- 000989
Date reported
February 02, 2010
Jurisdiction
Local
Agency
Address 1
Address 2
City
Port Orange
State
Florida
Zip code
Comments
Title
Detective Sergeant
First name
David
Last name
Meyer
Phone
386-756-7400
Email
dmeyer@port-orange.org
Website
Case number
2010- 000989
Date reported
February 02, 2010
Jurisdiction
Local
Agency
Address 1
Address 2
City
Port Orange
State
Florida
Zip code
Comments

There are several people listed as missing from Daytona Beach.

Medical Conditions: Lupus/ Fiber Mi-alga/ Seizures

Should this be fibromyalgia?

About half a mile away, Lauretta Rogers said it is her deepest fear that the body could be her daughter, Laurel Rogers, who has been missing for more than two years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rogers has formed a close relationship with Port Orange Police. She said she feels that they would have warned her if it was her daughter.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...15169414/-/ajpv3iz/-/index.html#ixzz1yM7K1fqG

There are several people listed as missing from Daytona Beach.

Should this be fibromyalgia?

I'm certain it should be fibromyalgia but I copied the info from a formal document file, so we shouldn't change it. The mistake is theirs. No worries, we know what it should be.

Donjeta, very nice to run into you again. I'm so sad that Adji is still missing. Every time I see you comment, I see his pic & think of him. ((( hugs )))

One of those prior addresses for Maxwell concerned me. It put him in the area where 4-5 women have been found murdered in Daytona Beach. But further inspection shows that Maxwell was not released from prison until March 2006. The first three murders took place from December 2005 to February 2006. He could have committed the crimes while on work release or something, but he wouldn't have lived at the Daytona Beach address at that point. So I'm ruling out Maxwell as the possible Daytona Beach serial killer. I'm not ready to rule him out of involvement in Laurel's disappearance.

This article confuses me on his dates in prison.

A convicted felon, Maxwell previously served nine years in prison for an attempted murder in 1988. He served another two-year stint starting in 1994 for burglary.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/new...6/19/child_rape_suspect_s.html?cmpid=breaking

http://www.nampn.org/cases/rogers_laurel_lea.html

Phone recordes indicate that the last activity was on 02/02/10 at 1845 hours when Laurel's phone called one of her friends and an unknown male named "Jamal" advised that Laurel left her phone with him and she was with two unknown males named Kenny and Breezy. There has been no bank activity on Laurel's bank accounts and no further phone activity.

Respectfully snipped and BBM:

I wonder if they ever traced/pinged that last call made by "Jamal".

Also, here's my overactive imagination working:

JAMAL
JAMES MAXWELL

PORT ORANGE -- Family members of a woman who disappeared from Holly Hill in 2011 say she may be the person whose remains were unearthed from the backyard of a Port Orange rape suspect.

An uncle of Chastity Starr -- a prostitute who was 27 when she was reported missing Jan. 15, 2011 -- said that investigators have been in touch with the family and told them the remains found are those of a small adult.

more at link: http://www.news-journalonline.com/b...uld-be-those-of-missing-holly-hill-woman.html

On Google Maps, you can see a photo of the home. There are a few lawn chairs by the garage door. The garage is very dark and is open. There is a sidewalk, too. It creeped me out. That man could have snatched any number of women right off the street as they strolled past his house.

This is the first I have heard about the surveillance video of Laurel Rogers. Clearly, she didn't walk that far from home. She looks a little ragged in some of those mugshot photos. And how did she fall in a way that caused scars on both of her wrists?

There is definitely something off with his prison time.

Check this link:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/inmatereleases/detail.asp?Bookmark=3&From=list&SessionID=222524745

It says he committed attempted murder in March 1988 but was not sentenced until March 1998. It also says he was incarcerated from Nov. 1988 until April 1990. Did he spend two years in jail awaiting trial? Was he released and then charged 10 years after the fact?

It also shows him in jail form May 1995 until Sept. 1996. But there is no charge listed.

Then it shows him incarcerated from April 1998 until March 2006. But that matches with his two burglary charges, which carried a six-year sentence.

So, was the guy in prison when the prostitutes were murdered starting in December 2005? It's a crucial fact that will determine whether he can be ruled out of their deaths.

Here's some on Chasity Starr from the News-Journal archives:

Starr is listed at 5-feet-10 and 110 pounds with brown hair typically pulled back in a ponytail. She was last seen Jan. 15 at the Ridgewood Inn. Her mother, Candy Starr, brought food to her room that night. Rogers was of similar height but weighed closer to 150-160.

Starr had a "very prominent large star" on the inside of her left wrist. Her MySpace profile showed others, including a butterfly tattooed on the back of her neck.

Here's some on Chastity Starr from the News-Journal archives:

Starr is listed at 5-feet-10 and 110 pounds with brown hair typically pulled back in a ponytail. She was last seen Jan. 15 at the Ridgewood Inn. Her mother, Candy Starr, brought food to her room that night. Rogers was of similar height but weighed closer to 150-160.

Starr had a "very prominent large star" on the inside of her left wrist. Her MySpace profile showed others, including a butterfly tattooed on the back of her neck.

That's weird- unless it's poor reporting, the quote from the article I listed above says "investigators have been in touch with the family and told them the remains found are those of a small adult." http://www.news-journalonline.com/b...uld-be-those-of-missing-holly-hill-woman.html

5-feet-10 is not a 'small adult' .. IMO

I was wondering about that, too. I don't think they could establish weight very well. So I assumed they were talking about height. But the height matched up based on the first article I read. By the way, is Starr in NamUs? I didn't see her.

I looked for her there as well. No luck.

I did find her on the Charley Project http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/starr_chasity.html

Thanks. That lists her at 5-foot-4. So at least we have established that.

Now, while it appears that this body may not be Rogers, it seems obvious that LE will look at him for that, too.

By the way, I always hate to speculate about a possible victim like Rogers. But she does appear somewhat ragged and has had some arrests. Do you think it is possible that she was "working"?

Thanks. That lists her at 5-foot-4. So at least we have established that.

Now, while it appears that this body may not be Rogers, it seems obvious that LE will look at him for that, too.

By the way, I always hate to speculate about a possible victim like Rogers. But she does appear somewhat ragged and has had some arrests. Do you think it is possible that she was "working"?

Ive been searching and haven't seen any mention of prostitution.... but she was known to abuse prescription drugs according to this news report:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rs-gps-on-rogers-cell-necklace-with-two-rings

" Port Orange police now believe Laurel Lea Rogers left her home in that city about 5 p.m. Feb. 1 and traveled to Palm Coast to obtain illegal narcotics, Capt. Frank Surmaczewicz said. She is known to abuse and sell prescription medication, he said. "

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Ah. I was under the impression that very little had been written about her disappearance. I'm surprised to be reading some of these details. I have a much clearer picture now. I wonder who she was with. That person should have reported something unless that person is responsible for her disappearance or also has vanished.

Ah. I was under the impression that very little had been written about her disappearance. I'm surprised to be reading some of these details. I have a much clearer picture now. I wonder who she was with. That person should have reported something unless that person is responsible for her disappearance or also has vanished.

If you're interested, There's a whole bunch of MSM articles gathered at this link with more details. Cell phone ping, etc.

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=8077.0

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

What do you think about this possibility? https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10305

Although there is significant distance between Port Orange and Guilford, NC it is a straight drive up I-95. My experience here on the west coast is that persons involved in drug-running frequently go up and down the interstate (here it's I-5) to deliver.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PandorasBox83
Back