FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally all caught up. After reading all the posts and comments and looking through SR's Facebook, I just think there is a lot of truth to what he says, BUT he leaves out anything that makes him look bad. Often, people do that when telling lies, they try to put as much of the truth as they can so it's not totally fabricated and some of the info can be verified (maybe attempting to make people think they are innocent).

We know:

SR said they met at Racetrac and they did.. he was correct on times and he look at the video.There was video of her at the Racetrac.. in one of his posts or videos he referenced that he was also in the video, but FBI left that out when posting photos of her.

They were getting into his car and she was driving. This leads me to believe either 1. they did know each other prior because who meets up with someone the first time and allows them to just drive your car? OR they traded cars and she was assuming this was her car now (but if that's the case she went into the store without her son and left him in the car (if this theory is correct and they traded cars and Shannon was not in the car at that time)

So IF Shannon was in the car during the daytime trip to Racetrac, then her son was in the car with him. Then at the 10:30 PM visit to Racetrac she took her son in with her.. so would that mean Shannon was no longer with them at this time or there was another reason she took her son in with her on this trip? Was Shannon in the store with her at the night time trip?

Shannon claims she went with the men at night.. so there is no photos released of her outside the Racetrac at night, just the inside of her and Kam. Maybe she did stop to talk to guys in a black car when exiting during the 10:30pm trip. Maybe that set off Shannon enough to hurt her? His google searches didn't happen till 12 that night so 90 minutes after Leila was seen inside the Racetrac.

What was he asking of her that she didn't want to do and that made him decide to harm her? It seems if he intended to do something to her prior to her arriving in Florida, maybe he would have googled these things way before midnight the night he harmed her?

Maybe there is some truth to that story about her going with the guys only she didn't go with them, she just flirted with them and it angered him. Maybe he had other intentions and she wasn't trying to do what he wanted and this flirting or talking to other guys set him off? Maybe he said check the cameras because he knew it would show her talking to some guys in another car (but not going with them)..

But it says in the released documents , on page 3, that there 'was no dark sedan' seen on the Racetrac video footage. So if she had walked over to a car and flirted, I think it would have been noted in the document. JMO

The police brought search dogs to the Edge Apartments and took them all over the complex, but the dogs did not hit on anything. Also, whatever happened involved Leila's truck because the driver side window was broken as was the rearview mirror and the sunshade. The report listed this as evidence in the kidnapping charge and stated that the window was not broken in earlier pictures of the truck when she first got to Florida. I think she fought for her life from the truck. Maybe she didn't have the keys so she could not drive off. What if he broke the window? He might have dragged her out of the truck while she was holding onto anything she could such as the rearview mirror and sunshade and this would account for the damage. All JMO.
Yes, sadly I agree with your possible scenario. I think she figured out too late that he was very dangerous---and she locked herself and her baby in the truck. But he was able to smash the window and overpower her before she could escape. It is very sad to imagine.

12:01 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about trash pick-up in Hollywood, FL. (Affidavit)

12:08 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook (Shannon Ryan)

1:45 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about chloroform (Affidavit)

1:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook data.

8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - Kam located in parking lot. (Affidavit)

9:42 a.m. 26 Jul - SR purchases trash bags and carpet deodorizer at Walmart. (Affidavit)

Approx. 15 minutes later - SR purchases duct tape at Walmart. (Affidavit)

11:20 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on FB. (Shannon Ryan)

11:20 a.m. - 4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook activity.

4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

6:33 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

8:59 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

No Facebook activity until 8:44 a.m. 27 Jul when SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

27 Jul (no time) - LE locates Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot and stakes it out. (Affidavit)

28 Jul (no time) - SR approaches Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot, keys in hand, apprehended and questioned by Miramar LE. (Affidavit)
Great work @CharlestonGal !!!

Yep. And he's been living in his ride since the gf kicked him out. Scamming vulnerable women with this witchy bullchit ever since. He's a predator and con artist of the most despicable kind.

I hope he NEVER gets out.

My personal opinion.
Well said, and for all the victim bashers on FB and elsewhere, I hope they can finally feel some empathy for LC.... I can only hope by some miracle she manages to be alright although it's not likely :(

Highly probable, I’ve been researching this aspect.
This is something I have been looking into, as well. I’ve had a severe migraine headache today , and have fallen behind quite a bit. I truly believe LE has a lot more answers, of course. I am eager to learn what more they do know. I am inclined to believe he has some sort of connection to those apartments, if not a nearby residence. I find it illogical to think he randomly left little Kam out at a complex he was parked in front of without being somewhat familiar with the place. That has been a burning question for me since the news came out. Why those apartments/area? On the affidavit, he wasn’t gone very long from the Racetrac, leading me to believe he had this location in mind, specifically. Did he “drop off “ Kam? Or was he possibly attempting to pick him up from someone who has connections to the apartments? A resident, or other? No doubt there are phone pings and more evidence that we are not privy too. So many questions!

He may have just picked that spot because it was a large apartment complex and at that time in the morning people are going to work or just waking up. Maybe he waited for a few minutes and when he saw the woman was there, dropped K off and left.

Perhaps...

But his car was parked there, according to the affidavit. Why would he park there? And what was he doing during the time he was parked there? I cannot shake the feeling that he was familiar with this location. It is a bit too random, IMO. I’m hoping his phone pings will give him away.

This case is still so fresh! It seems to leave more questions, than answers.
EBM

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Posts have been removed for discussing rumors.

There is no MSM to substantiate that a friend of LC's lived at the apartment where Kamdyn was found. It is rumor.

'Comments' by someone purporting to be a PI on the attorney's page are considered rumor.

It is a violation of Websleuths TOS to post rumors. Just don't do it.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts have been removed for discussing rumors.

There is no MSM to substantiate that a friend of LC's lived at the apartment where Kamdyn was found. It is rumor.

'Comments' by someone purporting to be a PI on the attorney's page are considered rumor.

It is a violation of Websleuths TOS to post rumors. Just don't do it.
Why have there been so many rumors on this thread/case. It’s very disheartening, and it really is very, very frustrating, and time consuming. And rude (ETA: rude in that these rumors are a total waste of time to the reader/member who comes here to stay away from all of the rumor mill bullshirt that goes on elsewhere).
I think you (and maybe other mods?) have had to do multiple, upon multiple clean ups. Which IMO is absurd because the forum members should have followed the guidelines, and rules from the get. But unfortunately here we are yet again. Honestly, I’m surprised that this thread hasn’t been permanently shut down yet.

I am so sorry to and for you, and the other mods who have had to clean this thread up yet again!!!! If I were you, I would be looking up ways to choke someone through the internet. But you are not me, and I am not a mod (obviously). Although #OnTimeOut may indeed work.
¯\(º_o)/¯

ETA: lately things have been going awry on multiple threads. I hope that whatever it is that is looming over WS will soon be gone. I miss the old days of WS.

Last edited:
12:01 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about trash pick-up in Hollywood, FL. (Affidavit)

12:08 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook (Shannon Ryan)

1:45 a.m. 26 Jul - SR queries google about chloroform (Affidavit)

1:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook data.

8:30 a.m. 26 Jul - Kam located in parking lot. (Affidavit)

9:42 a.m. 26 Jul - SR purchases trash bags and carpet deodorizer at Walmart. (Affidavit)

Approx. 15 minutes later - SR purchases duct tape at Walmart. (Affidavit)

11:20 a.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on FB. (Shannon Ryan)

11:20 a.m. - 4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - No affidavit or Facebook activity.

4:02 p.m. 26 Jul - SR posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

6:33 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

8:59 p.m. 26 Jul - SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

No Facebook activity until 8:44 a.m. 27 Jul when SR Posts on Facebook. (Shannon Ryan)

27 Jul (no time) - LE locates Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot and stakes it out. (Affidavit)

28 Jul (no time) - SR approaches Leila's truck in Walmart parking lot, keys in hand, apprehended and questioned by Miramar LE. (Affidavit)
So at 10:20/25th ,LC is on camera at RaceTrac, at 12:01 a.m. SR is googling about trash pick up. In my opinion if this is when he did whatever he did to her, it was planned out. I'm assuming the post after that would be able to be traced to a location. So those appx. 6 hours if his phone was on could be traced. Does the GPS still work even if your phone is off? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who could keep his phone off for that period of time and they do have him near the apartment complex tracked by his phone so let's hope he turned it on between that point.
I'm curious where all that glass from the window ended up. It would be awesome if someone spots that!

Why have there been so many rumors on this thread/case. It’s very disheartening, and it really is very, very frustrating, and time consuming. And rude (ETA: rude in that these rumors are a total waste of time to the reader/member who comes here to stay away from all of the rumor mill bullshirt that goes on elsewhere).
I think you (and maybe other mods?) have had to do multiple, upon multiple clean ups. Which IMO is absurd because the forum members should have followed the guidelines, and rules from the get. But unfortunately here we are yet again. Honestly, I’m surprised that this thread hasn’t been permanently shut down yet.

I am so sorry to and for you, and the other mods who have had to clean this thread up yet again!!!! If I were you, I would be looking up ways to choke someone through the internet. But you are not me, and I am not a mod (obviously). Although #OnTimeOut may indeed work.
¯\(º_o)/¯

ETA: lately things have been going awry on multiple threads. I hope that whatever it is that is looming over WS will soon be gone. I miss the old days of WS.
I think it’s a strange time in reporting. More and more news sources are now using social media as their source for information. They all want to be the fastest to put out information and then in this age of technology they can just edit the article of information is wrong. Not like the old days where once it’s in print, it’s permanent. So likewise, people following the crime are looking to social media for information and are just excited to get the information out there. I know that websleuths is different and more ethical in their perpetuating of information. I just think this shift plays into why this is happening more and more. IDK, moo

Perhaps...

But his car was parked there, according to the affidavit. Why would he park there? And what was he doing during the time he was parked there? I cannot shake the feeling that he was familiar with this location. It is a bit too random, IMO. I’m hoping his phone pings will give him away.

This case is still so fresh! It seems to leave more questions, than answers.
EBM
According to the affidavit his car was seen on surveillance in front of the apartments minutes before Kam was found. His cell phone data also placed him there at that time. He left the gas station at 8:15 and was back by 8:38, so he couldn't have been there long. I think he just stopped long enough to lift him out and put him on the ground.

He must have been familiar with the area, since he spent a lot of time moving around. Maybe he knew the apartments were there or he just drove down the road until he found a good spot.

I really hope they find Leila with the cell phone pings and not never found in a landfill .i am glad they found Kam . Hopefully SR goes into withdrawal of whatever was choice of drug he chose and says where she is but I doubt it jmoo

Anything SR utters will be noted.:):):)
Let us hope, he spills the beans to inmates, (LE in disguise) and LC is located.
MOO.

I think he cleaned the truck of any evidence and then tried to sell it to get rid of it, hoping it wouldn't be connected to him. He was probably hanging out at the gas station waiting for an opportunity to move it, and that's when he was surrounded by LE. Imo
Yeah but selling to a friend leaves a direct link to him. That's what i found weird.

It's so messed up that the best case scenario is that she was sold to someone.
It's 2020- After the year we've had so far The sad thing is it isnt even alarming to think "Maybe she was sold and shes still alive" IMO. Hopefully in the event that she's alive he either has her locked up somewhere or she was sold and continues to be alive and WILL be until they can get to her. DEF Not the best options... But both are leaps and bounds better than her turning up dead, IMO.

This ^^^ wording makes me wonder if he handed her off to someone?
IF so hopefully ALIVE and hopefully she will stay that way. This case is not looking good but I refuse to throw in the towel and say that she's probably dead. Human trafficking is VERY alive and right now is the best case in this aside from maybe her being locked up somewhere, IMO.

Liane Morejon WPLG @LianeWPLG 31m

Shocking details just released in the Leila Cavett case. As of last night, we learned Shannon Ryan was accused of lying to federal investigators, but the court documents detail a lot more than that. He’s having a hearing in federal court later this morning. (1/2)

Can somebody summarize? Small print is NOT a friend of mine.

Yeah but selling to a friend leaves a direct link to him. That's what i found weird.
He probably didn't anticipate her disappearance getting so much media attention. He targeted a victim that most predators think won't be missed. All he told the friend was that a girl drove the car from Georgia. The friend may not have made the connection if he hadn't heard it in the news.

SR is a con man, so I'm sure he was hoping to get some quick cash for the truck, but once he heard the police were looking for a missing person I would think he would want to hide it or at least get it out of that parking lot. I don't believe during those two days he was connected to wifi that he never looked for information about her. He had his story all ready when police got to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine