FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found on street), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #3 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you so very much for this. I am truly grateful. Nothing mentioned regarding search dogs in any of these. I am asking so many questions because the media coverage has been such a mishmash of details. Some note that he was found in the parking lot, while others say outside. So many inconsistencies.
You are so very kind to have taken the time to locate these.
Such a precious little baby boy. Just watching him play melted my heart.
This world is such a complicated place, to say the least.
Kamdyn was outside the apartment gate in the parking lot along 68th. There are cameras there that recorded SR's car stopping there just before Kamdyn was discovered alone.

Thank you so very much. The media has truly been inconsistent on this one.
I ask so many questions because I am very fact based, and have read and seen both things reported. Many conflicting reports floating around mainstream media on this one. It causes me great sadness. I have never followed a case with so much misinformation.

I don't think it's strange. The man is so arrogant he is not able to think straight. MOO If you have seen his video this is obvious to me. I didn't even watch the whole thing. As people say there are cameras everywhere in Florida. There's no secret there are cameras at Walmart. Race Trac is a convenience store. What convenience store doesn't have cameras? This dude didn't have a brilliant criminal mind. If you think about it, this case was cracked pretty speedily, once the FBI got involved. What was the reason? SR was the reason, arrogantly telling on himself in his psychotic video rant. To me it looks like they knew a lot of what the lead agent in the press conference released for some time. So it's not like they were chasing after some brilliant, elusive criminal. The man is not that smart. MOO I'm not ruling out evil or mental illness.
Yeah, he must have mentioned the cameras about twenty times. I think what he was thinking is that as long as he wasn't caught on camera in the act of a crime, there won't be any evidence to prove his guilt.

And yes, he does seem to fit the typical psychopathic, narcissistic criminal who thinks he is smarter than the FBI. I imagine all those young women who thought he was a god were a big boost to his confidence, too. He probably really does believe he has the power to heal.

I think it’s probably simple. Leila came down to visit this guy in Florida. I think she planned to gain something, what I don’t know, but SR prob lied acting like he has all this money for nice meals, hotel room, etc. He has all these adoring online fans and Leila has gotten to know him for a while. She felt special that he wanted to hang out with her and shower her with his money and wisdom. Once there it quickly becomes apparent he’s not all that he’s put himself out to be. They went to a nice dinner. Cracker Barrel (is that nice? We don’t have those here). Then she realized ummm we are staying in the car? Ok I’ll roll with it. But over the course of the night, his true colors came out. Maybe he got jealous, maybe she denied his advances, maybe she called him out on his bull. He snapped and a struggle ensued in her truck where she was killed. He then had to clean up and get rid of kam. He just drives and drops him off then goes about cleaning up his mess. He is that stupid, he has such delusions of grandeur he literally thought he’d get away with it. Or if not, who cares. He can astral project anywhere from prison.

All theory and Moo

They searched the apartment complex initially when Kam was found, but that's the only search that we have heard of. They used dogs and also went door to door, questioning the residents. I don't think we know if they ever went back. Imo

I would think seeing a toddler outside an apartment complex wouldn't scream, kidnapping and mother is murdered. We've seen this so many times and it's usually a mom sleeping inside or something. I think it makes sense to just search the apartment complex that day thinking mom is somewhere close and might be either overdose on drugs or sleeping, etc. I think this scenario is just so rare.

This might be unpopular thoughts, but I’m going to give some thoughts on Shannon’s light work stuff. I’ve listened to a few of his videos on Plunder. I’ve had some energy work, and did a little myself, though not in a long time now. I meditate completely separate of that just because I practice a tiny bit of Tibetan Buddhism. It ALL helped me, and others. Now, Shannon was on a different wavelength, and I’d not fall into it. But, some of his stuff is relatable. I can see how people looking for enlightenment would follow him. Some of his stuff is way too far out there for me, even during the New Age era a few decades ago. I get it, though. You’d think with all the good that he COULD have been doing, he wouldn’t engage in such darkness as murder, but I digress. We know he did, “allegedly”. In the 90s, I’d have fallen for some of it. And that TERRIFIES me. He’s basically mentally manipulating people for HIS own purposes. That’s the farthest thing from what he discusses! Do y’all think he might have mental illness, or is it all a ruse to manipulate people? Did my experiences with the energy healing help? Yes. Was it purely just in my head, maybe. Regardless, it helped me, so I don’t care why. It REALLY worries me that he’s using it as manipulation for nefarious purposes. He’s a charlatan, a fake, and dangerous. Do we know if Leila was for sure into all the light work? Maybe she followed him more out of curiosity? I wish we knew that. I think he may have used it to manipulate her into trusting him. That’s so scary. That could have been me in my early 20s. Thanks. JMO

His 'intelligent' stuff was flat out plagerism.
I Googled some of his not wacky stuff, it gave Google books results word for word.
The one about that spirits inhabit plants is from Raven Grimassi...

Even "in the early days of my occult training " he didn't add that in, it's in there.

I even checked if it wasn't him writing under an alias, but the guy exists.

Count me in on as one who found that video he did skin-crawly level of creepy. It's like he just radiated bad intentions, and malice and evil intent. A total complete con artist hustler. Also totally high, not from a couple blunts.

He likes to hear himself talk, so that may be to LE's advantage, after sorting much wheat from much chaff.

moo

I think it’s probably simple. Leila came down to visit this guy in Florida. I think she planned to gain something, what I don’t know, but SR prob lied acting like he has all this money for nice meals, hotel room, etc. He has all these adoring online fans and Leila has gotten to know him for a while. She felt special that he wanted to hang out with her and shower her with his money and wisdom. Once there it quickly becomes apparent he’s not all that he’s put himself out to be. They went to a nice dinner. Cracker Barrel (is that nice? We don’t have those here). Then she realized ummm we are staying in the car? Ok I’ll roll with it. But over the course of the night, his true colors came out. Maybe he got jealous, maybe she denied his advances, maybe she called him out on his bull. He snapped and a struggle ensued in her truck where she was killed. He then had to clean up and get rid of kam. He just drives and drops him off then goes about cleaning up his mess. He is that stupid, he has such delusions of grandeur he literally thought he’d get away with it. Or if not, who cares. He can astral project anywhere from prison.

All theory and Moo
I think this is basically what happened. She saw him for what he truly was and wanted no part of it. He realized he wasn't going to be able to control and manipulate her and at some point it escalated to violence.

In his video and from looking at his posts on his FB page during the time they were together on the 25th, he seems to be so angry with her. I don't think he liked being challenged, and Leila may have disagreed with him or called him out on some of his claims. It must have infuriated him if he felt the need to make an hour long video criticizing her and making her sound like a terrible person. I bet everything he said about her is true about himself. People like him tend to project their own faults onto other people.

Imo

Yes, the Edge Apartments have video surveillance and they are gated. SR's car was seen on the video surveillance at the parking lot along SW 68th Ave. just before Kamdyn was dropped off. Kamdyn was dropped off in the parking lot outside of the apartments to the East next to SW 68th Ave. If you look at this photo you can see where Kamdyn was found: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88d9a92d256f68ad:0x71394f6c0d766010!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/edge+apartments+miramar+fl/@25.9940121,-80.2231837,3a,75y,248.1h,90t/data=*213m4*211e1*213m2*211s4ItSovooKR-13T2hOs_LIg*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x88d9a92d256f68ad:0x71394f6c0d766010?sa=X!5sedge apartments miramar fl - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2s4ItSovooKR-13T2hOs_LIg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjhrr-px6frAhUM7awKHV8DDbMQpx8wE3oECBIQCw

Not that this will make any difference but on the street view pictures I can’t see any gates or barriers. To me it looks like there are palls where once barriers or gates could have been mounted on, but they doesn’t seem to be there anymore. There seem to be something where one could have put a code in, but nothing to close the place or block the entry or exit. Of course I realize the pictures of the street view could be outdated and the gate could be there now. But on the pictures one could be driving in and out without any problem. Not saying he drove in, only noting what I see.

Fortunately little Kamdyn was found before he could step in front of a car or having any other misadventure. He has a guardian angel watching out for him at least that time. Unfortunately he is still without his mommy, but he is safe.

His 'intelligent' stuff was flat out plagerism.
I Googled some of his not wacky stuff, it gave Google books results word for word.
The one about that spirits inhabit plants is from Raven Grimassi...

Even "in the early days of my occult training " he didn't add that in, it's in there.

I even checked if it wasn't him writing under an alias, but the guy exists.
Yes, I think he's just taken a little from psychology, spiritualism, witchcraft and probably a few other things, and combined with his manipulative personality, realized he could make a business out of it. He's a fraud. I think his sole objective was to prey on vulnerable young women. Imo

Before her disappearance, Leila was trying to trade her car for an SUV for her "new job" but wound up with the truck instead. I think that SR offered her a "job" and said she would need an SUV but what was really going on was he wanted to upgrade from his car to an SUV because an SUV would be a lot more comfortable to sleep in. But she got the truck and went down to Florida thinking she had the right type of vehicle. This is all just conjecture on my part.

It is not yet known if SR went to dinner with her at Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach. We know that they both were at the Racetrac gas station for sure. They may have not met in person until the afternoon of the 25th at Racetrac. Cracker Barrel restaurants are all over the place and are a good roadside stop for travelers. They have clean restrooms and the food is Southern homestyle food such as meatloaf, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, burgers and vegetable plates with yellow squash casserole, green beans, fried okra, Mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. They also offer various pies and cobblers for dessert. Biscuits and cornbread muffins with butter and honey are served along with the food for free. It's a step up from McDonalds since they offer table service but it is still quite inexpensive. It's easy to get out of there under $15 per person, maybe less. In addition to the restaurant, the other half of the building is taken up by a Country Store where you can buy candy, clothing, toys and all manner of decorative items. Back in the 1960's and 1970's there were similar travel store/restaurants called Stuckey's and Nickerson Farms but they are gone, replaced by Cracker Barrel and Buccee's. In the photo of Leila and Kamdyn at Cracker Barrel, it appears to me that she is coming in the front door and walking into the Country Store which is where everyone enters. All JMO.

Not that this will make any difference but on the street view pictures I can’t see any gates or barriers. To me it looks like there are palls where once barriers or gates could have been mounted on, but they doesn’t seem to be there anymore. There seem to be something where one could have put a code in, but nothing to close the place or block the entry or exit. Of course I realize the pictures of the street view could be outdated and the gate could be there now. But on the pictures one could be driving in and out without any problem. Not saying he drove in, only noting what I see.

Fortunately little Kamdyn was found before he could step in front of a car or having any other misadventure. He has a guardian angel watching out for him at least that time. Unfortunately he is still without his mommy, but he is safe.

You can see the gates at Edge Apartments in one of the videos I linked. They do exist but only block off the inner courtyard where the pool and other parking is, not the parking along 68th.

Last edited:
Yes, I think he's just taken a little from psychology, spiritualism, witchcraft and probably a few other things, and combined with his manipulative personality, realized he could make a business out of it. He's a fraud. I think his sole objective was to prey on vulnerable young women. Imo

Yeah well taken as in copied entire paragraphs. I did litteraly mean plagerism...

Someone mentioned if it is known if SR was at the Cracker Barrel with Leila? It is known from what I've read. Wasn't it reported that Leila stopped at the Vero Beach Cracker Barrel on the way down, before she arrived in the Hollywood area?

Someone mentioned if it is known if SR was at the Cracker Barrel with Leila? It is known from what I've read. Wasn't it reported that Leila stopped at the Vero Beach Cracker Barrel on the way down, before she arrived in the Hollywood area?

Shannon Demar Ryan charged with kidnapping toddler in Cavett case | 13wmaz.com.

I thought I had read that in one news article too but this one just says she was caught on camera at the cracker barrel and doesn't mention anyone else being with her. This article also says he used a debit card belonging to Leila to make the purchases at the Walmart but I know other articles have said it was someone elses card he used. I'm not sure why all the conflicting information is being brought out in the media and who is right or wrong. It's all about as crazy as this whole case has been up to this point. I just wish he would tell where she is so her family can have her back. I know as well as everyone else that he done something to her and he won't get away with it but her family deserves to know where she is so that she can be properly laid to rest and they can begin to heal from all the hurt he has caused.

Before her disappearance, Leila was trying to trade her car for an SUV for her "new job" but wound up with the truck instead. I think that SR offered her a "job" and said she would need an SUV but what was really going on was he wanted to upgrade from his car to an SUV because an SUV would be a lot more comfortable to sleep in. But she got the truck and went down to Florida thinking she had the right type of vehicle. This is all just conjecture on my part.

It is not yet known if SR went to dinner with her at Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach. We know that they both were at the Racetrac gas station for sure. They may have not met in person until the afternoon of the 25th at Racetrac. Cracker Barrel restaurants are all over the place and are a good roadside stop for travelers. They have clean restrooms and the food is Southern homestyle food such as meatloaf, fried chicken, chicken fried steak, burgers and vegetable plates with yellow squash casserole, green beans, fried okra, Mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. They also offer various pies and cobblers for dessert. Biscuits and cornbread muffins with butter and honey are served along with the food for free. It's a step up from McDonalds since they offer table service but it is still quite inexpensive. It's easy to get out of there under $15 per person, maybe less. In addition to the restaurant, the other half of the building is taken up by a Country Store where you can buy candy, clothing, toys and all manner of decorative items. Back in the 1960's and 1970's there were similar travel store/restaurants called Stuckey's and Nickerson Farms but they are gone, replaced by Cracker Barrel and Buccee's. In the photo of Leila and Kamdyn at Cracker Barrel, it appears to me that she is coming in the front door and walking into the Country Store which is where everyone enters. All JMO.

I was trying to figure out how to describe Cracker Barrel, and you did it perfectly. Like an old time truck stop with relatively cheap and plentiful food, and fun, unique stuff to look at in the store. Only thing that's missing is the gas.

OT - I occasionally ask my family, if you were at Cracker Barrel for dinner tomorrow, what would you order. And then I make it. Except for my husband, it's almost all sides.

Shannon Demar Ryan charged with kidnapping toddler in Cavett case | 13wmaz.com.

I thought I had read that in one news article too but this one just says she was caught on camera at the cracker barrel and doesn't mention anyone else being with her. This article also says he used a debit card belonging to Leila to make the purchases at the Walmart but I know other articles have said it was someone elses card he used. I'm not sure why all the conflicting information is being brought out in the media and who is right or wrong. It's all about as crazy as this whole case has been up to this point. I just wish he would tell where she is so her family can have her back. I know as well as everyone else that he done something to her and he won't get away with it but her family deserves to know where she is so that she can be properly laid to rest and they can begin to heal from all the hurt he has caused.
I hate to say it but I’d think where they empty the dumpsters needs to be checked, landfill or wherever. Ugh just awful. We know he disposed of her clothes and Kam’s toys in a dumpster. This guy is so far gone in his mind I don’t think he even left the area ever.

I hate to say it but I’d think where they empty the dumpsters needs to be checked, landfill or wherever. Ugh just awful. We know he disposed of her clothes and Kam’s toys in a dumpster. This guy is so far gone in his mind I don’t think he even left the area ever.
It doesn't seem like he went far but I'm wondering where could he have killed her at that he wouldn't be seen or heard. From what I have seen pretty much all of the areas he was in were businesses, cameras and most likely frequent traffic everywhere. I wonder if they have video of him at any other businesses? Maybe he dropped her clothes and belongings at one dumpster and her at another down the road but at this point I don't know if they would know where to look for any evidence of her after the trash reaches the landfill I don't know how that works in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder