FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It also might explain why he was in just a diaper and barefoot. I wonder if there was sand found in his diaper.

This part of South Florida has very sandy soil. Developers usually add topsoil to yards. A little digging often yields a sandy mix. Even if Kamdyn was on a lawn, he could have sand in his diaper. Beach sand is finer and different, often brought to beaches as part of maintenance projects. We would have to know more about the sand to know whether he was on a beach.

South Florida has white sand instead of grass in the yards. I think the sand came from playing at the apartments.

I live in South Florida, and I’ve never seen white sand in a yard. It would be difficult to maintain, and get washed away in heavy summer rain. Grass, paving stones, tropical plants and decorative stone are the usual practice. Once in a while a hotel or tourist facility might have sand.

South Florida has white sand instead of grass in the yards. I think the sand came from playing at the apartments.

That's what I thought originally, but a possible sighting at the beach made me wonder.

A lot of inland "sand" in that part of Florida isn't really sandy sand. It's like broken shells and stuff, kind of hard packed and scratchy. Does it get "sandier" in places?

That's what I thought originally, but a possible sighting at the beach made me wonder.

A lot of inland "sand" in that part of Florida isn't really sandy sand. It's like broken shells and stuff, kind of hard packed and scratchy. Does it get "sandier" in places?

The sandy soil that is in much of South Florida often has pieces of shells, and is dense enough to build on or compact. Finer sand is not found in most areas where buildings have been constructed, unless it is a beachfront structure built on piles, usually a high rise building due to cost.

I live in South Florida, and I’ve never seen white sand in a yard. It would be difficult to maintain, and get washed away in heavy summer rain. Grass, paving stones, tropical plants and decorative stone are the usual practice. Once in a while a hotel or tourist facility might have sand.

Tampa has white sand in the yard unless you have grass put down or broken shells for driveways. Not sure about Fort Lauderdale.
The sand on beach front is sifted daily to make it soft.

Last edited:
Tampa has white sand in the yard unless you have grass put down or broken shells for driveways. Not sure about Fort Lauderdale.
The sand on beach front is sifted daily to make it soft.
Tampa’s on the gulf side and has whiter, smoother sand. We’re on the Atlantic side, where sand is grittier and darker.

This sand talk makes me think of CSI , Grissom would have determined exactly where the sand came from..
Also Leila's dad said he spoke to a guy who was talking to Leila on Facebook,so what happened to that?
That video with Kam, he isn't wearing shoes maybe he usually has it off? Also I know 2 year olds can be a handful his noises are normal right ?

SBM (NAMUS link) - so do they not need help identifying him? That's what I am thinking - and wondering if they know a bit more than they have released - even to her family?

JMO
I've added your MSM updates to her media thread.
This has been my mindset for awhile, and the Dawson County Sheriff’s Aug. 3 statement about Florida Law Enforcement making contact with Leila and then his retraction is pointing in this direction. JIMO

Last edited:
Last edited:
It’s on MSM broadcasts, police walking door to door in the neighborhood Kam was found.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/broward/police-searching-for-family-of-boy-found-wandering-miramar-neighborhood/
At that time though LE was likely just looking for someone that might recognize a lost child. I wonder if they'd have been paying attention to more/different details if they'd have been going door to door with the knowledge they have now (i.e. that the lost child and his mother came from hundreds of miles away and his mother is missing). So that leads me to still wonder if they've gone back and done a follow-up door-to-door search/interview type of effort.

At that time though LE was likely just looking for someone that might recognize a lost child. I wonder if they'd have been paying attention to more/different details if they'd have been going door to door with the knowledge they have now (i.e. that the lost child and his mother came from hundreds of miles away and his mother is missing). So that leads me to still wonder if they've gone back and done a follow-up door-to-door search/interview type of effort.
NamUS reports 1,511 open missing persons cases in Florida. I’m not sure our law enforcement is as committed to tracking Leila as we all are. JIMO. They don’t have the manpower or the time.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

S
he is not on FBI missing persons list, as of today. 5 August 2020 9:01pm ET

Kidnappings & Missing Persons | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Attachments

• 334E4FAD-72C5-408A-BA07-E1891F10CE70.png
    334E4FAD-72C5-408A-BA07-E1891F10CE70.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 6
Leila Cavett: FBI joins investigation as mom of abandoned toddler remains missing over a week
The FBI has joined in on the investigation of missing Georgia mother Leila Cavett, who mysteriously vanished July 26, leaving her family desperate for answers.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, police are continuing the search for Cavett, 21, of Dawsonville, Georgia, who was possibly spotted on July 26 in Hollywood, Florida, close to Hollywood Boulevard and State Road 7. Around two miles away in Miramar, her son, 2-year-old Kamdyn Cavett Arnold, was found wandering alone in a t-shirt and a diaper.

A passerby discovered Kamdyn outside and alone at an apartment complex on July 26, off of 1860 block of SW 68th Avenue, and contacted the police.

Leila Cavett: FBI joins investigation as mom of abandoned toddler remains missing over a week
The FBI has joined in on the investigation of missing Georgia mother Leila Cavett, who mysteriously vanished July 26, leaving her family desperate for answers.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, police are continuing the search for Cavett, 21, of Dawsonville, Georgia, who was possibly spotted on July 26 in Hollywood, Florida, close to Hollywood Boulevard and State Road 7. Around two miles away in Miramar, her son, 2-year-old Kamdyn Cavett Arnold, was found wandering alone in a t-shirt and a diaper.

A passerby discovered Kamdyn outside and alone at an apartment complex on July 26, off of 1860 block of SW 68th Avenue, and contacted the police.
I agree the case has been turned over to the FBI, however, she’s not listed on FBI missing persons database and Suzanne Morphew, who’s been missing since May, isn’t either, check. Why? Why aren’t they listed? It’s back to what I was saying, agents do not have enough time or resources to get important information on the registry. Hopefully, the nation’s online database for the Police is not this backlogged.

Added: Or they haven’t established whether they are missing because of foul play or free will.

Last edited:
Good work @str8nightowl! Ft Lauderdale Beach?

Thanks Gatherer. Sorry Bit of hope. I honestly didn't even think of that. I figured the screen prints would be better. I will remember to post the NamUs link next time. Yeah I am guessing they must have saw her in the company of a black male near Fort Lauderdale Beach. Definitely NEW information. I am guessing the FBI had been working the case a short time before they announced it. That is why the authorities were so tight lipped. I kinda figured they were on a lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay