FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think LC would have just left her son. No matter what.
I think something happened to her, possibly even accidentally. For instance, a drug overdose. Maybe while K was sleeping or something and the person with her (and K) panicked and dropped K off or just put him outside the complex.
Of course this could also be a case of foul play. But no harm was brought to the little guy so it makes me question that.
We just don't know yet.

I agree kkdj

Interesting that they haven't released the video yet but have indicated she was last seen with this person - (NAMUS link) - so do they not need help identifying him? That's what I am thinking - and wondering if they know a bit more than they have released - even to her family?

JMO
I've added your MSM updates to her media thread.

That's what I was thinking too oviedo. If they now KNOW then why not release the video so EVERYONE can be looking for this guy.

I am not convinced that this is the same sighting as the rumored video(s).

I am thinking that a sighting at Ft. Lauderdale Beach Sunday morning might explain why Kam is described as having sand on him.

That would make sense carbuff. I know the news article said that they last saw Leila on Saturday. But I remember reading somewhere where some people in some groups (and yes that is AGAINST rules) were asking family and I think it was Leila's sister who said the authorities told her that they last saw Leila 2 hours BEFORE Kam was dropped off. So if that was the case then I was thinking that WOULD explain why the sand was on him. Maybe this black male was at the beach with Leila in Fort Lauderdale BEFORE dropped Kam off and taking off with Leila?
MAYBE something happened to Leila (accident or overdose or something) while they were at the beach and that is when this perp freaking out and then took K and dropped him off and then took off with Leila.

But the news article states OTHERWISE (it says Leila was last seen on Saturday NOT Sunday). MOO

Let’s all keep in mind that kam was found wandering in the morning hours. It wasn’t like he had much time beforehand. So was he sandy and soiled from the night before? I don’t think Leila took her son down to the beach at like 6am and then something happened and the boy was found wandering around at the apartments at what was it 8:30am?

That would make sense carbuff. I know the news article said that they last saw Leila on Saturday. But I remember reading somewhere where some people in some groups (and yes that is AGAINST rules) were asking family and I think it was Leila's sister who said the authorities told her that they last saw Leila 2 hours BEFORE Kam was dropped off. So if that was the case then I was thinking that WOULD explain why the sand was on him. Maybe this black male was at the beach with Leila in Fort Lauderdale BEFORE dropped Kam off and taking off with Leila?
MAYBE something happened to Leila (accident or overdose or something) while they were at the beach and that is when this perp freaking out and then took K and dropped him off and then took off with Leila.

But the news article states OTHERWISE (it says Leila was last seen on Saturday NOT Sunday). MOO

Last seen is usually the last confirmed, positive sighting where there's no question about the identity or location. Since the beach sighting is only a possibility, it wouldn't be considered the last sighting.

It doesn't say when the possible sighting at the beach happened, only that it was before she disappeared.

I still don't think LC would have just left her son. No matter what.
I think something happened to her, possibly even accidentally. For instance, a drug overdose. Maybe while K was sleeping or something and the person with her (and K) panicked and dropped K off or just put him outside the complex.
Of course this could also be a case of foul play. But no harm was brought to the little guy so it makes me question that.
We just don't know yet.
I agree. If she wanted to get rid of him, she wouldn't have taken him all the way on her trip out of state. She could have left him somewhere before she left and it would have been much easier trip for her.

I am thinking it is like what you described here---something happened to her, and he left the apartment or the car, or was 'let out' by someone who didnt want to harm him?

After reading through the thread, here are a couple of things to add:

Can anyone make out what it says underneath “BABY ON BOARD”? Appears to be two lines of text, we can look tor exact replica of sign online for a higher resolution image.
FL - FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Foam-Baby-Board/dp/B00COU19O0
91+Am2gvxML._SL1500_.jpg 115928081_3772060366143160_3764738261841062722_n.jpg
Miramar Police Department (Official)
*I see the vehicle has since been located. Was the sign accounted for in the vehicle? MOO

Venmo links:
Leila Cavett (opened Jan 2019)
Leila Cavett (opened Apr 2020; private)
FL - FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Last edited:
Daniel Lee West, 35, playing with his son Kamdyn, who was found alone in Miramar on July 26, 2020. West is cooperating with police to find the boy’s mother, Leila Cavett, who was last seen in the city of Hollywood. DANIEL LEE WEST

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244710502.html#storylink=cpy
Heartbreaking how our system is so slow to let child victims be with loved ones. In my very recent personal experience, family, including siblings were allowed no contact until the forensic interview was conducted which finally happened about a month after taken into CPS custody. I’m glad visitation was allowed sooner in this case, but those days and hours are painful and helpless.

Let’s all keep in mind that kam was found wandering in the morning hours. It wasn’t like he had much time beforehand. So was he sandy and soiled from the night before? I don’t think Leila took her son down to the beach at like 6am and then something happened and the boy was found wandering around at the apartments at what was it 8:30am?
Yes, that's why I was thinking he had been sleeping. He seemed to be dressed for bed and he needed a diaper change. I also thought I read it was around 7:00 am when she found him but I guess they walked around looking for his mom for awhile before the police were called. Maybe 8:30 was when the police got there?

Her dad is in South Florida conducting his own search. He said Leila would never leave Kamdyn.

He’s everything to her,” he said. “Kamdyn is her life. “That’s the love of her life. She’s never going to leave him, never.”

Report by CBS Miami’s Ted Scouten on Aug 4.

'She Could Be In More Danger': Family Of Missing Mom Leila Cavett Seek Answers MSM

Last edited:
Hi @katydid23 , I think if anything, she was sleeping. She deadheaded from Dawsonville, Ga., to Hollywood, Florida, she really didn’t have time to get high. IMO

She could have already been living in Florida. MOO
Her last residence was Dawsonville Ga in Feb.
Whose name is the truck in? When did she purchase it?

Last edited:
Last seen is usually the last confirmed, positive sighting where there's no question about the identity or location. Since the beach sighting is only a possibility, it wouldn't be considered the last sighting.

It doesn't say when the possible sighting at the beach happened, only that it was before she disappeared.
Last seen would probably be Walmart.

She could have already been living in Florida. She left Dawsonville Ga in Feb.
@oceanstarryeyes What? Really? When did that news come about? Dad told reporters she left abruptly, Dannylee said she took Kamdyn for a dentist appointment. I’ve got to look back at the timeline, did I miss something?

Last edited:
What? Really? When did that news come about? Dad told reporters she left abruptly, Dannylee said she took Kamdyn for a dentist appointment. I’ve got to look back at timeline, did I miss something?

Dad said that but then after talking to Mom the reports changed. It may have been abruptly to Dad because he hadn’t talked to her.

@oceanstarryeyes What? Really? When did that news come about? Dad told reporters she left abruptly, Dannylee said she took Kamdyn for a dentist appointment. I’ve got to look back at the timeline, did I miss something?
I’m saying no one knows where she was staying after she moved from a Dawsonville relatives house in Fed.
I didn’t see anything about Dannylee?

Last edited:

Maybe seen on a Cam at the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member