FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m saying no one knows where she was staying after she was moved from a Dawsonville relatives house in Fed.
I didn’t see anything about Dannylee?
Leila Cavett had been living in Georgia and her family does not know why she was in Florida. Her father told the television station he wants her to know that will do whatever it takes to find her.
From WS timeline

Maybe seen on a Cam at the beach.

Or could have been from pictures. Someone could have taken pictures and then realized there was a girl who looked like Leila on those pictures and they came forward and brought it to LE attention. That has been happening a lot lately. Someone just the other day got a picture of a woman on the beach in the water RIGHT before she went missing. They think she drowned. According to her husband she is STILL missing. He went back to their room and left her at the beach to see the sunset and she never returned.

But many people these days take lots of pictures since they have a camera (on their phone) readily available all the time and they just HAPPENED to get Leila on it without knowing until AFTER they started going through their pictures later.

Now I remember reading that. I couldn't remember where (I have read so much information lately). LOL!!

It says Leila was seen the SAME day they found Kam. But NamUs says she was last possibly seen in Ft. Lauderdale. ?? Wonder who puts the NamUs information in and if it is SET IN STONE (like times she was seen whatnot)? I really don't know. This was from the Miami Herald too and their stories have been pretty on point lately. I am subscribed but for some reason Miami Herald will not let me get into the original article on this.

NamUs says she was definitely last seen Saturday. But it says "POSSIBLY" seen in the area of Ft. Lauderdale.

The latest on the case is that Florida law enforcement agents have made contact with Cavett's mother and have no reason to believe that she left under suspicious circumstances.
Search for missing Dawsonville woman continues after son found in parking lot

Should we even TRUST Dawson County News? They already accidentally posted saying she was found and that was INCORRECT? They had to retract their statement.

Sad too if this IS trafficking and authorities KNOW and they posted in error. That could have gotten Leila in DEEP trouble (could have gotten her killed).

Last edited:
Hi @katydid23 , I think if anything, she was sleeping. She deadheaded from Dawsonville, Ga., to Hollywood, Florida, she really didn’t have time to get high. IMO
Do we know when she left Georgia to go to Florida? I think this is an important thing we need to know.
I think there was some conjecture that she drove thru the night (Friday or Saturday) while K slept but I haven't heard that we know this.
Anyway, I was thinking if she did drive thru the night perhaps she took something to help her stay awake? idk.
Also, adrenaline can really get one going where they just don't sleep.
I think her cell activity is going to prove important in this case.

This is very confusing:
"Leila Cavett was last seen on July 26 in Hollywood near the area of Hollywood Boulevard and State Road 7, about two miles from where her son was found that same day..."

She was seen earlier on that same day? Wasn't her boy initially found @ 7 am? Where was she seen before that?

I must have the timeline messed up, if she was reportedly seen at the beach....
thinking.gif

This is very confusing:
"Leila Cavett was last seen on July 26 in Hollywood near the area of Hollywood Boulevard and State Road 7, about two miles from where her son was found that same day..."

She was seen earlier on that same day? Wasn't her boy initially found @ 7 am? Where was she seen before that?

I must have the timeline messed up, if she was reportedly seen at the beach....
thinking.gif
Was he found that early? Were the police notified at 8:30 or was he found at 8:30? I'm confused.

Was he found that early? Were the police notified at 8:30 or was he found at 8:30? I'm confused.
In the first reports I saw, the woman found him @ around 7 am, then began searching for his family, and then I think she fed him , etc, and called the police at 8:30.

[ I have gone back to find that report and haven't yet...]

In the first reports I saw, the woman found him @ around 7 am, then began searching for his family, and then I think she fed him , etc, and called the police at 8:30.

[ I have gone back to find that report and haven't yet...]
Oh! You now what? I recall reading that one of the renters had helped the woman who found him by changing his diaper. They had also gone around trying to find his mommy.
But him pointing all over the place when asked where his mommy was has me very disturbed. I think he was confused and traumatized. Gosh, my heart just breaks for him. And now he's put in a home with strangers, albeit I understand why. But how traumatizing and I'm guessing lonely and afraid for this little guy.

Hi @katydid23 , I think if anything, she was sleeping. She deadheaded from Dawsonville, Ga., to Hollywood, Florida, she really didn’t have time to get high. IMO

I never thought about it like they found him.
Oh! You now what? I recall reading that one of the renters had helped the woman who found him by changing his diaper. They had also gone around trying to find his mommy.
But him pointing all over the place when asked where his mommy was has me very disturbed. I think he was confused and traumatized. Gosh, my heart just breaks for him. And now he's put in a home with strangers, albeit I understand why. But how traumatizing and I'm guessing lonely and afraid for this little guy.

I was wondering if this could affect him later on. Him being separated from his mom and we don't know how yet or if they will be reunited. Now he is with strangers and it could be a while.He clearly has some bond with his dad. Very sweet of the women to feed him and change him, no wonder he was so bubbly with the cops. Although not sure if that affects the in investigation.

I never thought about it like they found him.

I was wondering if this could affect him later on. Him being separated from his mom and we don't know how yet or if they will be reunited. Now he is with strangers and it could be a while.He clearly has some bond with his dad. Very sweet of the women to feed him and change him, no wonder he was so bubbly with the cops. Although not sure if that affects the in investigation.
I think he's been socialized with others.
Look, this little guy seems like he was really cared for.
There's no way imo LC just dropped him off. (not that you're suggesting that)
I'm looking forward to his dad proving paternity, passing all the criteria and getting this little guy into a stable loving environment.
moo

So much info not known at this time. It sounds like Leila wasn't in constant contact with her family/friends. I wonder what a typical day's activity looked like for her and Kamdyn?

I hope some bad dude didn't lure her down to FL. It sounds and looks like she was a good mother and loved her little boy, I just don't see her abandoning him.

#FindLeilaSafe

So much info not known at this time. It sounds like Leila wasn't in constant contact with her family/friends. I wonder what a typical day's activity looked like for her and Kamdyn?

I hope some bad dude didn't lure her down to FL. It sounds and looks like she was a good mother and loved her little boy, I just don't see her abandoning him.

#FindLeilaSafe
I do think some bad guy lured her here to FL and killed her - maybe she convinced him to drop the baby off first ?
JMO

I was wondering how long the truck was at the location the police found it before someone noticed it. It would be crazy of the person to drop it off after Leila son was found where someone might be looking for it. I still think those apts or nearby is where she at that time hope she be found safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay