FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Long time lurker...

I notice the FBI didn’t release any photos of the said black car (according to SR) that was also “suppose” to be on video.
Yes. I think that is very important. IF they had a picture of the black car she supposedly got into, last time she was reportedly seen alive, I am pretty sure they would share it with the public.

Wouldn't they want to know if anyone recognises it?

I guess we could speculate that they don't want to show it, for fear the perps would harm her...but I think that ship has sailed. JMO

Whoever "purchased" LC most likely killed her once her disappearance was publicized. SR is posting videos and social media posts because he is cocky and thinks he has outsmarted detectives and the FBI. Hopefully they will find enough evidence to prove what he did.

I think Kamdyn was found wandering around because something unplanned had already happened to Leila.

Last edited:
Personally to me it looks more like a disguise. It doesn't look like anything someone her age would wear. It also looks like she had a wig? She wasn't dressed like a night out to me but more like a big con. I just wonder what they were up to. The shoes in the one photo with the dress don't even look like they fit. And how many outfits was LC wearing in less than 24 hours? Just my thoughts.

It looked to me like she was wearing someone else’s dress, with her own sandals. The dress is just too much fabric for daytime FL, imo.

It’s more of an office dress than a sundress. Maybe she had (or believed she had) an interview?

MOO

Yes. I think that is very important. IF they had a picture of the black car she supposedly got into, last time she was reportedly seen alive, I am pretty sure they would share it with the public.

Wouldn't they want to know if anyone recognises it?

I guess we could speculate that they don't want to show it, for fear the perps would harm her...but I think that ship has sailed. JMO

Yes! And didn’t the FBI say they were looking to speak to the owner/drive of the light colored Lexus Sedan?

I agree. Shoulder pads are a thing of long ago I believe? Maybe not. She doesn't strike me as the sort to wear that type of thing. I could be wrong of course.

Something really bothers me about that second surveillance video snapshot at Racetrac. Could be the dress, or maybe it's her eyes. With the mask on, it's hard to read people's full facial expression so we tend to focus on their eyes. This surveillance video was taken around 10:30 pm 7/25. Where was she going? Late dinner perhaps? Interview seems highly unlikely but who knows.

Last edited:
I'm curious if they mentioned if Kam seemed clean when he was found. For example his feet and clothing and diaper would have given them a feel of how long he was out there by himself. I know they said he was wearing a black shirt and it looks like he was wearing a black shirt in surveillance pic.
I don't know I have so many questions. I do think LE has info they are not sharing. They may have a better picture of what Leila was up to the days before she went missing and her reason for going to Fla.
Was she there for a specific reason or a temp visit? The one article mentioned she sold items on fb marketplace before leaving. What was she promised? I feel she was lured there for some reason. Her family said it was unlike her to have traveled to Fla. Why would she have to hide the trip.
SR knows why more than the shared video he put out there. Imo.

I'm curious if they mentioned if Kam seemed clean when he was found. For example his feet and clothing and diaper would have given them a feel of how long he was out there by himself. I know they said he was wearing a black shirt and it looks like he was wearing a black shirt in surveillance pic.
I don't know I have so many questions. I do think LE has info they are not sharing. They may have a better picture of what Leila was up to the days before she went missing and her reason for going to Fla.
Was she there for a specific reason or a temp visit? The one article mentioned she sold items on fb marketplace before leaving. What was she promised? I feel she was lured there for some reason. Her family said it was unlike her to have traveled to Fla. Why would she have to hide the trip.
SR knows why more than the shared video he put out there. Imo.
I agree, I think SR knows much more, and is hoping he is bypassed in this investigation.

Here is the picture of her truck being towed. It has been stated in media it was found at the Walmart on 441. Here, the truck is on Park Rd, turning west on Hollywood Blvd, which is east of the Walmart by several miles. It seems off to me that the tow truck flatbed would be on Park Rd and then turning west on 441. Was it really found at the Walmart?
View attachment 260002
This Photo was taken near the Hollywood Police Department, Park Road and Hollywood Blvd.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I can see where you are coming from but I also respectfully disagree. Those shoes are very much in style, right down to how oversized they look on her feet. The dress also-that length is in style right now and the patterns are common for a “sundress” style. I often see a style just like this advertised on amazon and as a teacher, many women wear this style because it’s comfortable. This is all just MOO and not in a way to disrespect you or your opinion, just to shed some light. However, you bring up a good point, why the different outfit changes especially when it seems the baby is in the same clothing. Where was she that she felt comfortable changing entire outfits?

What stands out to me, more than her clothing, is Kam’s lack of clothing. I’ve never seen a photo of him with shoes on. I understand him being dressed like this at the beach or at home, but in public he should have bottoms on and shoes on. IMO

Last edited:
It looked to me like she was wearing someone else’s dress, with her own sandals. The dress is just too much fabric for daytime FL, imo.

It’s more of an office dress than a sundress. Maybe she had (or believed she had) an interview?

MOO
I agree, I was thinking job interview; or church. But Kam would have been dressed more if they were going to church. IMO

Added: Just read the time stamp, approx. 10pm, for this photo. So she could have had an interview earlier on the day. Or she only had so many clothes and after the beach wanted to put on something loose. This dress has a WPB vibe or a Lily Pulitzer vibe. So nothing unusual to me. I grew up in Hollywood and moved back in 2013, I’ve seen many women in the same type of dress in South Florida.

Last edited:
I agree, I was thinking job interview; or church. But Kam would have been dressed more if they were going to church. IMO
I was thinking that pic was 10:20 PM vs. AM

She is interested in fashion and she seems to like prints so the dress seems like a slightly more muted version of her style. Maybe she was preparing to meet someone and wanted to be taken seriously.

Was she going back to her truck to make the wardrobe changes or did she take a bag with her when she originally met up with SR? Did she have a car seat for Kam that she moved to his car?

Where did she go upon leaving? Did she attend a house party, maybe somewhere with a safe place for her to lay Kam down to sleep?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member