GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8:47 UPDATE: William Ruben Ebron Jr., 32, is now considered a suspect, according to JSO, in the search for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton.
Click here for the latest developments from the scene.

Live Blog: The search for Lonzie Barton
By The Times-Union Fri, Jul 24, 2015 @ 10:12 am | updated Fri, Jul 24, 2015 @ 12:52 pm

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2015-07-24/story/live-blog-search-lonzie-barton

Several JSO vehicles just departed the Athletic League across the street.
8:47 AM - 25 Jul 2015
1 1 Retweet favorites

JSO doesnt believe Ebron's vehicle theft story, so they do not know when between 8PM-2:21AM Lonzie may have went missing.
8:46 AM - 25 Jul 2015

Last confirmed sighting of Lonzie was at 8PM by his mother. Mother and biological father are cooperative, JSO says. #findlonzie
8:45 AM - 25 Jul 2015

I had read some things the ex girlfriend had said about incidents with her, her sister, and kids. The courts totally failed them. He's from San Diego.

I think this is unfair. It seems like this happens frequently because we are on this and other sites but I think the reality is that most men in relationships COULD be trusted because they have a conscience and know what is right. And there are many who love children. If single women didn't trust anyone with their kids, we would have no step-fathers, and there are some amazing ones out there. Yes, I speak from personal experience.

You are absolutely correct and we cant lose sight of the fact that children are most often murdered by one of their bio parents whether it is the mother or father or both were involved.

There are millions of boyfriends/husband-to-be that have made wonderful role models and fathers of children they CHOSE to love as their own.

We tend to paint all boyfriends/husbands with the same wide brush when it just isn't supported by the statistics. Yes, some do great harm to children, even murdering them, but they are still in a minority group and its the bio parents who most often cause grave harm/murder to their own children.

IMO

So he goes by Ruben and not William.

That's his middle name. I'm confused by this third injuncture, FCN reported that two weeks ago, Lonna Barton, Lonzie’s mother, filed a third domestic violence injunction against Ebron. I'm wondering if they're confused as to which girlfriend, Lonna, or the ex girlfriend.

I believe he still has court today for the charges yesterday.

For anyone that missed it, this mornings press briefing

[video=youtube;4VvaWH-DNNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VvaWH-DNNo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Lindsey Boetsch ‏@FCNLindsey 50s51 seconds ago
Current mugshot just released of William Ebron by @jsopio. Police believe he is the key to finding Lonzie #findlonzie

CKw6itjXAAEqHCi.jpg

https://twitter.com/FCNLindsey

It's interesting, look at his eye, there's no charge of him resisting this arrest. He looks like he got hit, makes me wonder if this was a drug deal gone wrong, and Arin was taken. It just seems to me he wanted to be arrested.

Why would he resist if he was reporting a car jacking.....he thought he could cover it all up as a abduction though car jacking but that didn't work.

"Ebron has not been charged with a crime relating to the abduction of Lonzie at this time."

So he is behind bars for now but not charged with abductiom....which doesn't resolve the issue of where the little guy is :(

(BTW, noobie here. Hello all!)
Welcome Silka!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was answering Stillfromny's post. I assumed her post was a question posed after reading the article about WE's violent history with a ex.
Apologies if I have this wrong.

You're correct, I was clarifying the "ex" is actually little Lonzies mom. I have a pit in my stomach for this little boy.

Bumps and bruises are a touchy subject with me. When my son about 18 mos old he climbed into a chair and got an apple off of the table. He then threw the apple up in the air and it came down on his nose at the corner of his eye. After a few hours he had a huge bump and his entire eye began looking bloody. I panicked and carried him to the ER where he was checked out and I was told while it would continue to look horrible for several days and would be bruised for several weeks he would be fine. By day 2-3 he looked like that side of his face had been beaten, bashed, smashed etc. Someone called CPS, along with police and reported possible abuse. Of course the 18 mos old boy did not learn his lesson, he had "I show," the officers what he had done, this time the apple being caught by the officer before it could hit anyone. Police were satisfied, but CPS still wanted to followup with his pediatrician before closing the case. His doctor simply told them, "He's a toddler, a very curious little boy, bumps, scrapes and bruises are his job." Case closed.

Also sad eyes and unhappy faces in photos do nothing for me either. Same kid would turn on the pouty face with sad eyes every time he was aware of a picture being taken and if you dared to take more than 2-3 pictures, you would get a full-on temper tantrum. He hated taking pictures. He's 22 now and still dislikes having his picture taken and has been known to throw a 2 year old fit about it.

Another thing, I have seen a few asking the question who would leave young children unattended in a running car – (inhale) I have never done it, however, I see it happening all of the time. Running into the post office, going into convenience stores (at the gas pump with car running or not, but with keys left in,) just going to be at minute at Walmart, and (quite possibly the most popular) going through the drive-thru at whichever fast food to pull around, park, go inside to get extra napkins, ketchup etc.

About a month ago lady locked her newborn inside the car with her keys and phone inside at a storage facility and had to leave the car and run about 1/4 mile down the highway to a business to get help. Fortunately, she had left the car running with the AC on in the 100ish F heat.

As for leaving kids in the car to go back inside of the house/apartment, I don't know, it's like there's something about being at "home" that doesn't always register in the mind about the possibility of someone taking your car with kids inside. (Not that I am convinced of the claims being made in this case.)

That said, I had best slip back into lurk mode before I find myself in time out from my fingers typing what I would really like to say in regards to this entire situation.
Hi Choux,
I agree with most everything you have written. My two year old boy made a few hair raising trips to the ER once in an ambulance even! It was always his face for some reason. That was 13 years ago. Today I would be sitting with a case worker explaining how my son could (,and did) run straight up my curtains only to crash head first into my picture window. Sigh. But the part about the car running with the babies left untended is big no-no for me, especially since he admitted to doing this so he could run upstairs and snort alittle coke for the drive. He's a and I could puke.
Good post though.[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members