GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Platos closet is not in the mall, it is between Walmart and HH Gregg.

It's Across Phillips Hwy from the mall, on the same road as Walmart.

LE hasn't mentioned the person who rents the apt, except for he's mentioned in the pdf warrant. Lauramore and Ebron rented a room from him. This was early morning, after midnight, makes me wonder if the friend was home at the time.

Did Ebron even go back into his apt, after the Kangaroo stop? He was seen going into the Kangaroo stop around 12:30, but was it in his own vehicle? According to a neighbor Ebron's car was in front of his house around 8pm, did someone pick him up from there, and take him back later? There's so many questions, and makes me wonder if someone or others are involved, besides Ebron.

Kelly Joyce ‏@FOX35Kelly [video=twitter;625064788868120576]https://twitter.com/FOX35Kelly/status/625064788868120576[/video]
Deputies searching for Lonzie Barton walk past news crews into a field at Baker Skinner Park #Fox35

Just a few thoughts.
JSO has done such an excellent job in this search. Yesterday in the pouring rain, the number of patrol cars in that area was amazing.
The Avenues area is pretty busy. Latitude 360 is right there near one of the searches. There are typically tons of people there.
The Ravenwood area isn't the best part of town but there are a lot of hard working folks doing their best. If you keep going towards University, that's a highly industrial section. There is also a JSO substation right there. Phillips Highway is questionable at any time of day. I've seen some crazy stuff there. Lots of wooded areas.
The problem with Jax and lots of FL is there is water everywhere! We have had an abundance of rain and ditches are full. Also something to consider is the septic sytems. All of the older houses have them and we are looking at an older part of town.
Praying for the best here. If anyone has any 'local' questions I'd be happy to help.

Just a few thoughts.
JSO has done such an excellent job in this search. Yesterday in the pouring rain, the number of patrol cars in that area was amazing.
The Avenues area is pretty busy. Latitude 360 is right there near one of the searches. There are typically tons of people there.
The Ravenwood area isn't the best part of town but there are a lot of hard working folks doing their best. If you keep going towards University, that's a highly industrial section. There is also a JSO substation right there. Phillips Highway is questionable at any time of day. I've seen some crazy stuff there. Lots of wooded areas.
The problem with Jax and lots of FL is there is water everywhere! We have had an abundance of rain and ditches are full. Also something to consider is the septic sytems. All of the older houses have them and we are looking at an older part of town.
Praying for the best here. If anyone has any 'local' questions I'd be happy to help.

I live in Jacksonville. You are right water is everywhere, makes searching hard.

The sole known witness to events that night is 5 years old and probably terrified. Thankfully, the art of interviewing child witnesses has come a long way.

I think we will learn more over the next few days as I am confident that skilled interviewers are working to get everything possible from their witness in the most careful, compassionate way.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-child-taken-during-car-theft/34330746 Here's recapping some things about the car and Ebron seen that night.

"John Fleming, who lives about a mile away from the complex, said he saw the car in front of his home yesterday afternoon before it started raining, but he said the car was gone by the time his son came home at 10:30 p.m. Thursday. He said he'd never seen the car in the area before."

"It started getting dark, and that car was out in front of my house, and we didn't think anything about it," Fleming said. "We thought it might have been one of the neighbors."

"The Honda Civic was found by police abandoned in that same area on Cesperdes Avenue Friday morning, about 50 feet from where Fleming said he saw it the day before."

Anyone who saw the orange 1995 Honda Civic or anyone who has any information is asked to contact JSO by calling 904-630-0500 or 911 or by email at JSOCrimeTips@jaxsheriff.org. To remain anonymous and receive a possible reward up to $3,000 contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-845-TIPS.

Police went to the Powers Avenue Laundromat where Ebron said he did laundry and got gas, tracing his steps, transactions, and cellphone activity. LE checked cameras, but wouldn't say if Ebron actually did the laundry there. An officer was seen carrying a computer from the strip center where the laundry is located, and took a small item from the trash bin. Detectives also found video from 12:33 a.m. Friday which shows Ebron going into a Kangaroo gas station at Baymeadows and Old Kings Road. They didn't say if he was in his own vehicle.

Recalling the case of Elorah Rose. Her father reported her missing and later confessed to having hidden her body in a vehicle parked in a public parking lot.

The recent searches for Lonzie near Wallmart and the mall have me wondering if cell phone pings put Ebron in that area and if so makes me think of all those vehicles, parked in public lots where the owners are in shopping, dining, etc.

The perp in Elorah's case selected a vehicle with out of state plates if I remember right.
Just the thoughts bouncing around in my head right now. No links. Just me trying to figure the searches lately and think outside the box.

Oh crap :( I never heard of her. That's just awful.

I predict there will be another vehicle in all of this and possibly more people. sigh.

Just reported on FCN that Putnam county Detectives are getting involved with JSO with Haleigh's case files to compare both cases.

:wave: guests. We are interested in your thoughts on this case. Consider joining the conversation.

I'm not from Florida but this little guy caught my attention on Facebook because he looks like my little Eli. It just breaks my heart that he hasn't been found. I noticed the homicide guy in the photo too and it stopped my heart for a beat. I want this little guy to be found safe. Also, I've seen some discussion about how much Lonzie weighs but they've jumped all over with his age, I wouldn't expect an accurate weight either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie