GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where they are searching now for him or if any more searches are planned to find him?

https://www.facebook.com/TheFloridaStarNewspaper

If you scroll down you will see he was inside of WCGL AM radio station giving his statement to Florida Star.
That photo is not WRE. The radio station did a show discussing the interview, so the caption is a bit misleading. The two people in the photo are the host (Obie) and a college student who was also on air as part of the radio program.

Well Florida Star stated on their own Facebook page that that picture was Ebron giving his report to the Florida Star reporter....so who is right and who is wrong then.

I had to go read the actionnews article. I think Ebron would have a prison shirt on, and wouldn't be allowed to leave the jailhouse. I don't know though, they possibly let Lonna see him, hug and
kiss, according to his parents. I thought you met between glass and on a phone.

“As you go on longer and longer, the case gets colder and colder,” said Opio Sokoni, past president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference who was guest hosting the weekly Impact Radio show Thursday. He and reporter Ken Martin were standing in for Clara McLaughlin, the publisher and editor of the Northeast Florida African-American newspaper The Florida Star.

So far, McLaughlin is the only media contact that Ebron has spoken with since he reported Lonzie had been abducted. For two hours Wednesday, she and a reporter listened to Ebron behind bars in the Duval County Jail."

I know there are gators in Orlando FL. Not sure about Jacksonville?

If there is a body of water anywhere in FL, there can be a gator in it. This is especially true for the larger rivers but even a retention pond such as the ones searched can have them. An apartment complex I lived in when I was younger, right next to the timbercreek shopping center that was searched, had numerous retention ponds and at least one was home to a gator. The intercostal is a big problem because it is mixed salt and fresh water as it is where the river and ocean meet. While you aren't as likely to see as many sharks in the intercoastal because it is mixed with fresh water, and you aren't as likely to see as many gators because of the salt water; the potential still exists for both to be present and therefore is even more of a threat in my opinion.

I agree on the brackish water, for gators and also bull sharks.
Hoping for Lonzie to be found. Breaks my heart each day:(
jmho

Does anyone know where they are searching now for him or if any more searches are planned to find him?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-focus-back-to-area-where-lonzie-disappeared/34493174

Sheriff speaks out about search for Lonzie

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office will do 'exhaustive review' of efforts Monday

--snip--
Seventy searchers were out on the Southside looking for the child on Sunday. They were double and triple checking areas they have searched already along Old Kings Road near the Ravenwood Apartments, where Lonzie was reported missing.

Chief Tom Hackney with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said that search would likely be wrapped up by the end of Sunday.

Hackney also said they are continuing to build a criminal case against the 32-year-old man who was watching the toddler at the time, Ruben Ebron.

--more @ link.

Does anyone know if Ruben Efron refused a polygraph test? That bothers me if he did.

Yes, the waters aren't teeming with them like they are in South Florida, but they are here in many of the retention ponds and creeks, some areas more than others. They are people shy, and stay in more remote areas. I have seen them in the St. Johns River, tributaries/creeks of the Nassau, and in a few retention ponds. Generally when they are sighted in a populated area, someone will call for trappers to remove them.

So if he were placed in water, there is no guarantee he would be found, depending on which water. :(

Has anything been said of now having volunteers search? Is Texas Equussearch finishing today?

"Sonja Norman, the first wife of Lonzie's father, Chris Barton, told News4Jax the entire situation is so sad, but she is thankful for the efforts to find the toddler. Norman said. "I mean, I know that there's things they can't tell because of the investigation, but, just something. Do you have concrete evidence that Lonzie will not come home alive? Or do you not have that and there's a chance that he's still alive?"

This is so sad, so many family members, but esp for Lonzie's sisters, and brother. I remember thinking how Jr must've felt when all of a sudden Haleigh's gone out of his life. Anyway, from Sonja's comment I guess the family hasn't been told alot, if any, evidence to say whether Lonzie is alive, or not. What do you even tell the kids? :/

If I worked at that jail I would put up a huge, bigger than life size poster of Lonzie in them boots and put it on a wall across from his cell so he had to look at it every minute of every day. Just say'n!

Does anyone know if Ruben Efron refused a polygraph test? That bothers me if he did.

I have read he did, but not sure if it was MSM or not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone tell me why sometimes I try to reply and get a gray screen and cannot?

Anyway, in reference to video of Lonna at the jail, that video of her with investigators shows her at the south entrance to the police station, not the jail. The jail is adjacent to the north entrance of the police station, and the police station is a very large building.

I think WRE told his parents what he wanted them to hear about Lonna's visit. If he can convince his parents Lonna believes him, maybe they will believe him too. By claiming the police are reporting things he never said, he is planting the seed that the police are corrupt and can't be trusted. His mom seems to be buying into that, at least a little bit. He is desperate to get out on bail and only his parents can help him with that.

Someone needs to get to her and convince her he is a liar and the visit didn't happen.

Personal experiance- I have been in Jacksonville 2 years and have never seen one yet and I am out alot. I believe there is some but uncommon.

Watch out, Gators are in more places than you know. They are every where. We have a retention pond at work and there is one in it. Sometimes when I take the trash out to the dumpsters where the pond is, it spokes me. Scared the dang thing gonna run up and get me.

Apologies to little Lonzie before I even say this. Sigh....... Do the waters in northern Florida have gators in them?
Yes, they do. Once when my husband and I were sailing on the St John's, I saw a floating log that turned out to be a gator. Being new to Florida then, I freaked. I didn't think they liked brackish water. But wherever there's water, there's a gator unless there's no way to get to it (ie: fenced).

Well Florida Star stated on their own Facebook page that that picture was Ebron giving his report to the Florida Star reporter....so who is right and who is wrong then.

Yes, it does seem confusing, but as the article eventually explains, the people in the picture were doing the radio show while the regular lady went with someone else to interview WRE at the jail.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/search-focus-back-to-area-where-lonzie-disappeared/34493174

Sheriff speaks out about search for Lonzie

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office will do 'exhaustive review' of efforts Monday

--more @ link.

"Sonja Norman, the first wife of Lonzie's father, Chris Barton, told News4Jax the entire situation is so sad, but she is thankful for the efforts to find the toddler. Norman said. "I mean, I know that there's things they can't tell because of the investigation, but, just something. Do you have concrete evidence that Lonzie will not come home alive? Or do you not have that and there's a chance that he's still alive?"

This is so sad, so many family members, but esp for Lonzie's sisters, and brother. I remember thinking how Jr must've felt when all of a sudden Haleigh's gone out of his life. Anyway, from Sonja's comment I guess the family hasn't been told alot, if any, evidence to say whether Lonzie is alive, or not. What do you even tell the kids? :/

So nice of Chris' ex-wife to be worried about Lonzie. She certainly didn't have to take the time to talk to the news.

Watch out, Gators are in more places than you know. They are every where. We have a retention pond at work and there is one in it. Sometimes when I take the trash out to the dumpsters where the pond is, it spokes me. Scared the dang thing gonna run up and get me.

Yikes. I don't like to take the garbage out because of wasps. I wouldn't be able to deal with gators. lol Sorry for the O/T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966