GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The symptoms of being cranky, listless, vomitty may have been annoying to EB - it tries your patience to take care of a sick child, especially one you don't want to be taking care of. My hunch is that EB hurt the child more than once in the time leading up to his jog home from the car. He was likely hurt before LL went to the strip club and hurt again during her shift, imo.

Just my opinion, thinking about what we know now.

They're actively pursuing this as a murder investigation. One would guess that Ebron would be the murderer so it seems possible that Lonzie's "mother" would be charged as an accessory.

I don't know what to think. After watching CB's recent interview, it struck me how passive he was. He said things like he hopes Lonzie is happy somewhere playing - or something like that. It was strange to me. There was no pleading for someone to bring his son home, no anger at EB, no real "action" in his reaction. I typed that in a comment, but then canceled before posting because it seemed mean, like I was beating up on the guy.

Maybe he's just a passive guy and that's normal for him. Or maybe he's worn down from this ordeal. But, I admit I found it unexpected demeanor from a dad with a missing toddler and caused me to have some doubts about him. I do hope I'm wrong and that Lonzie had at least one person in his life who wasn't a liar.

JMO.

Trust your instincts - I do :) I don't think Chris is involved with Lonzie's disappearance/death but I didn't get a firm feel that he's buying the abduction story, ergo no pleading. IMO he's "checked out" emotionally and mentally. I won't speculate on why. Apparently he's not always so passive. He was violent with Lonna when she was pregnant with Lonzie's sister (I posted links upthread). For that reason I can't feel sorry that his marriage is messed up and his wife cheated on him. I am sorry that he's lost his son but beyond that, well, let's just say I'd never let my daughter date him.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonna-barton-arrested-in-lonzie-barton-case/34793284

--snip-
Police did say that Lonna Barton's arrest, and the charges of child neglect, were not directly related to Lonzie's disappearance.

According to officials, Lonna Barton is being cooperative with police and came into the police department to speak with investigators and was arrested after talking to them.

During that investigation Hackney said that the truth began to come out and they found out that Lonna Barton had been lying to police all along.

"Lonna is obviously a liar. When confronted with Ruben Ebron's name, she initially said she didn't know him. She gave repeated false statements to investigators and then later she admitted that she had made these false statements," Hackney said. "This is the most critical time of what we were beginning to do, we said all along that the house of cards that Ruben was building with that lie was not helping the investigation. It was leading us away from where we should have been looking. Lonna (Barton) was not assisting investigators either when she said she didn't know the man who she put in control and care of her children."

Police continued to say that Lonna Barton and Ebron had multiple phone calls while he was in the jail and detectives are looking into those conversations.

It’s been more than three weeks since 21-month-old Lonzie Barton disappeared from his family's apartment on the Southside and police still haven't found a trace of the boy.

Ebron, who was watching the child, first claimed the toddler was abducted when his car was stolen with Lonzie inside. Hackney countered the story Ebron (pictured below) gave by releasing home surveillance video showing Ebron ditching his car in the exact spot where it was found less than a mile away from the apartment complex. Detectives are now holding him on child neglect charges but believe he murdered Lonzie.

"We are still full steam ahead in making a murder case for Ruben Ebron," Hackney said

IMO I'm "all in" on this not being an accident. RE and LL both know what happened to Lonzie, however, LL may not know where RE put the body.

BBM and snipped

"Lonna is obviously a liar. When confronted with Ruben Ebron's name, she initially said she didn't know him.

She probably figured she could deny knowing the man whose name she had tattooed on her body as long as nobody ever saw the tattoo on her body. Oh wait.

Sorry, reporter's question near the top of the tape, "How do you feel about sleeping in jail tonight?" is stupid. Come on, what's any answer to that question going to tell us?

Another reporter asked, "Why did you lie?" - now that's a good question.

Why, Lonna?

JMO.

Another reporter asks "Lonna, what was wrong with your son the night before?" Makes me mad all over again. :furious:

From what i have read LL was with Lonzie before she went to work that night. Were his injuries apparent the day before, and if not they were apparent to her that day? She knew her baby was not well. She left Lonzie in the care of RE. As her being the adult responsible for her child's welfare ultimately, if she failed to get him medical attention, she is responsible for his death i would imagine? And RE helped her dispose of the evidence? JMO.

Whatever happened to Lonzie i believe they are both complicit.

From what i have read LL was with Lonzie before she went to work that night. Were his injuries apparent the day before, and if not they were apparent to her that day? She knew her baby was not well. She left Lonzie in the care of RE. As her being the adult responsible for her child's welfare ultimately, if she failed to get him medical attention, she is responsible for his death i would imagine? And RE helped her dispose of the evidence? JMO.

Unfortunately, you can't convict someone for being stupid. IMO in a perfect world a parent ignoring medical issues like what was described by Chief Hackney would automatically result in them being complicit in the child's death but the law doesn't work that way - there needs to be compelling evidence.

If Lonzie had been found and if the ME determined that blows to his head caused his death Lonna might face additional charges but as it stands there's no way of telling just how badly Lonzie was injured, let alone what or even who caused the injuries. Right now the strongest case is against Ebron and LE is busy compiling evidence to get a no-body murder conviction. He needs to be removed from society for the rest of his life.

It's possible that Ebron might one day spill the beans on what really happened that night and if Lonna was involved then she'll have her day in court. Until then though there's only evidence that Lonna was a crappy mother who cared more about herself and her love life than her child.

GOOD! She deserves to be arrested and put in jail for the rest of her *advertiser censored* life. She knew the baby had been hit hard enough in the back of his head to make his ears drain yellow fluid, become listless, have seizures and start vomiting. I now believe that the baby was dead before she went to work. She didn't see him at the laundromat, she didn't kiss his forehead in the car. She is just a lying crack ho.

She got home to police cars and denied knowing her own BF or being the mother of the missing baby. Why? Because the baby was dead, she knew it and was complicit in his death. She has stuck like glue to the BF because she didn't want him to tell on her.

These two are the lowest of the low. They couldn't bother to take the baby to the hospital because they had to strip and deal drugs so they just let him suffer and die. I wouldn't do that to an animal. He likely died as a result of a fist or a foot to the back of his head compliments of a grown azzed man. You are a big man RE, you can beat up a baby! How proud you must be of yourself big man.

If only Lonzie could have been born to someone who wanted him. I would have loved to have him as my own to cherish, love and protect him for the rest of my life. He was such a beautiful boy with such amazing eyes. How could anyone look into those eyes and choose to let him suffer and die? I am so angry!!!

<modsnip>
Did I say too much? Can you tell I am angry?

---snipped---

It's possible that Ebron might one day spill the beans on what really happened that night and if Lonna was involved then she'll have her day in court. Until then though there's only evidence that Lonna was a crappy mother who cared more about herself and her love life than her child.

BBM

--and, drugs.

Unfortunately, you can't convict someone for being stupid. IMO in a perfect world a parent ignoring medical issues like what was described by Chief Hackney would automatically result in them being complicit in the child's death but the law doesn't work that way - there needs to be compelling evidence.

If Lonzie had been found and if the ME determined that blows to his head caused his death Lonna might face additional charges but as it stands there's no way of telling just how badly Lonzie was injured, let alone what or even who caused the injuries. Right now the strongest case is against Ebron and LE is busy compiling evidence to get a no-body murder conviction. He needs to be removed from society for the rest of his life.

That might well be, but IMO RE & LL both lied to the police. We don't even know for sure what caused Lonzie's injuries yet, maybe they were both abusing him. She has also hindered a police investigation, because i am sure she knows exactly what happened, and stripping at Wacko's was going to be her alibi so RE could dispose of Lonzie, make everything look like it was normal. I bet her telling LE she didn't know RE was to cover for him with the no contact order too. She has been proven a liar.Neither one of them get a pass from me. A baby is missing and that is what's important is he needs to be found now.

Ok this may have already been said since I am still catching up but I recall it was RE's mother that stated something about meeting Lonzie once and she was checking him out since she is a nurse? I recall she stated that she advised LL to take him to the doctor. Why am I recalling this was all said in an earlier interview. I am going to look for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reported on Action news this morning 5 AM that she will appear in court later today in the afternoon and Action news will be there.

Glad to see her in jail. From day one, it was a lie. I just don't understand these parents that kill or cover for someone that kills their own babies. Hope I never do. Grateful for JSO and all they did to get to this point. Now I hope they will say where Lonzie is so at least the rest of the family that does care, can put him to rest. The really sad part, was we knew, we knew because it happened before here in FL. Makes you sick.

IMO Lonzie was deceased before LL left for work. The disposal was planned and LL did not want to participate. RE took Lonzie to his car in a laundry basket and then disposed of him somewhere he was familiar (not Baker county.) Lonzie's sister was left with the roommate during this time. Soon LL and RE will begin to turn on each other...this should be interesting.

Agreed!
Remember she really was not supposed to work that night.
She was giving herself an alibi!
Are these girls allowed to go work whenever they want to go?

And most important!
Which one of them harmed this child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members